We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Lazy 75% Extraction Options

q21q21
#1 Posted : 5/30/2020 9:36:43 AM

SWIM

Hello Nexus, most of you might not know me, I was hella-active on the nexus from like 2010-2014 or something but not so much anymore. I wrote q21q21 tek, which is not “my tek” but a compilation of mostly others’ ideas and a few of my own.
I moved abroad and tried to bring a reasonable quantity, but apparently if you store DMT-acetate on copper in a hot humid environment it dries up into an un-smokable denatured crust. So, I did a new extraction.
Why am I not doing my tek? I don’t have a blender and I’ve never got limeteks to work on shredded MHRB and that’s all I could find.

Anyway, this is not a tek, just what I did and why. Hope someone, anyone is entertained or learns something from this post.

Whats with the title? Anyone who has done teks before knows that the largest amount of DMT comes from the first few pulls, usually like 75%-85% and after that the effort to product ratio goes way down. I wanted to order 250g, but they only had 100g and 500g, so I got 500g and that’s plenty plenty. So I felt I’d be lazy and set a goal of getting about 75% in this extraction.

I didn’t take a picture of the MHRB cause I was very excited and dumped it in the pot to boil. But this is the pkg. You can see I live at blur at blur country.

I did all my boiling in a rice cooker cause I only have a small pot for my hot plate. I kept the lid open the whole time cause I don’t want MHRB juice in my rice and other cooked things later!

The boiling process was done over 3 days. I could have done it quicker, but I had to work during the day and I wanted my solution to be well filtered and fit in a 1 litre mason jar. This might seem less than lazy, but I enjoy the slow and messy process of creating a clear solution from messy herb soup (MHRB is really messy).

My first step for MHRB filtration is decanting and that is done in 2 ways. First is the actual shredded herb that I get when pouring off or scooping the liquid from atop the boiling soup. The second one is from the sludge that falls out when MHRB is cooled. I did not wash either one, but just poured the liquid off of them as my goal is 75%.

Eventually I was left with 3.5-4 litres of semi-filtered soup (splashes of vinegar were added on each pull) and in a few hours I condensed it down to about 500ml of dark rich MHRB essence.

From there I added some quantity of lye beads and put the jar in a water bath in case it got really hot. I added a bit more lye 3x just to make sure I overshot the PH cause A/B take very little and I have a habit of thinking STB levels of lye, but in my experience DMT is okay at 14 pH.

As it was cooling down, I got to scrubbing my counter and the caked-on MRHB sludge on many dishes. It was very nice to have a clean kitchen for the first time in 3 days.

the morning after adding the lye I added the limonene. I haven’t tried with A/B, but with lime A/B it takes like 24-48 hours to have all the DMT freebased and available. I have no idea if that is the case with lye, but I worked on that assumption.
I ordered d-limonene which apparently is easy to get now that it is used to dissolve certain 3d printing plastic. I could have ordered 200ml or 400ml and I though I could manage with 200ml so that’s all I have.

When I was sucking up the limonene, I found that pseudo-pipet apparatus I used stopped sucking up limonene only at 1cm, this was fine as I am being lazy and its about 75% of it. Oh ya, I was doing 45-60 minute pulls every 4-8 hours (agitating the jar a lot, emulsions settled easily). I think I did 6 total which was more than I anticipated, but the yield on 3 and 4 seemed quite high still, making me think I wasn’t at 75% yet

Each limonene pull was treated the same, vinegar was added and agitated vigorously 2 times and separated at 45 minutes or whenever I got to it. I only did one pull of vinegar which my last post suggested is sufficient (my tek says 3 still I think). It takes about 3 hours or something for the limonene to clarify with the vinegar, but if its DMT alone in naptha it only takes like 40 minutes, so I worked under that assumption its similar with limonene.

The vinegar was separated and put into a separate container and oh my, I’ve done this a lot and that is some really yellow vinegar which I could tell contains tons of DMT. When I would do 3 quick vinegar pulls it would be not obviously yellow at all sometimes but there would be grams of DMT! The picture above shows pull 6 beside pulls 1-5 combined.

From here I combined the 6ish pulls of vinegar and evaporated them down into an acetate tincture.

Yield was 5.792g of Jimjam DMT(limonene pulled jungle + white) - 1.159% of 500g MHRB
Calculations:
12.842g of liquid total in the vial
10 drops evaportated and scraped up yielded 0.167g DMT
10 drops of the liquid weighed 0.370g
12.842g/0.370g = 34.708 *10 drops
34.708 *10 drops x 0.167g / 10drops = 5.796g DMT

Although previously I would evaporate and scrape up the DMT onto a copper mesh to smoke, I recently started just dropping some of the solution on the mesh and after a couple hours it is smokable and doesn’t taste of vinegar and isn’t harsher than the other method. I think this is a controversial topic so I won’t recommend it as it might be unsafe in some way.

This is some beautiful white smooth smoke in my slightly dirty DMT bong I made in like 10 minutes. I haven't smoked anything in over 2 years and it was SMOOOTH.

Thats pretty much all. I doubt I'll be doing anything extraction-wise for a while now. The only thing in the near future is to test the degradation of gently evaporated as well as boiled acetate solution on copper mesh in a hot humid environment to see what happened to my other DMT. That will come after a few months I guess.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 5/31/2020 8:07:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing 👍
All the evap and concentration step were done with a rice cooker ? How much time does it took for evaping ?
Do you belive theses stzp can be done under solar heat like distilling water with sun ?
Many thanks for your work.

q21q21
#3 Posted : 5/31/2020 8:44:17 AM

SWIM

@pastanostra
It took about 4 hours to evaporate the 3.5-4L to 500ml (estimated)

As for doing it by solar power:
For sure it could be done. The speed would be based on surface area though, doing in one or more cookie sheets would recommended rather than in a pot.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Hailstorm
#4 Posted : 6/2/2020 7:00:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

q21q21 wrote:
Hello Nexus, most of you might not know me

Hi q21q21! Thank you for your contributions - you popularized dryteks and helped a lot of people experience DMT safely.

monomind
#5 Posted : 6/13/2020 11:28:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey q21q21, thanks for sharing this. It is the kind of stuff that helps n00bs like me, while doing their first ever dmt extraction right now (jimjam with BLAB). So after reading your post I decided to create an end product like yours - a vinegar tincture... and take it from there.

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) Is the tincture active sublingually without maois ?
2) Regarding your way of smoking it: Is leaving it on the mesh for a couple of hours ( and letting the vinegar evaporate I guess ) will also freebase it ?

Safe travels Thumbs up

pr0zac
#6 Posted : 6/18/2020 10:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey q21q21, I know you mentioned the safety of dropping vinegar on the copper mesh, but I'd like to share a couple of things on the safety of doing that. I work with copper on a daily basis, and have systems in place to minimize exposure to salts of copper. Almost all of them are irritating to the lungs and can present long term health hazards. The black layer on the mesh is most likely copper (II) oxide, and it reacts with vinegar to produce copper acetate. It has a low boiling point of 240C.

The dose makes the poison, and I'm not quite sure about the exposure limits. I'd just be careful with it long term.

q21q21
#7 Posted : 6/23/2020 12:50:11 PM

SWIM

Hey Prozac, thanks for the information. Is there a recommendation for something that might be more inert than copper or stainless in contact with high temp vinegar? I remember a while back trying ceramic wool without much success. It would be great to have something so plug-and-play like copper mesh that you can put in any bowl in any pipe or bong and have a highly efficient smoking experience (breakthrough dose at 20-25mg)

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Edit:
would evaporating it to a goo and then dissolving it in plain water avoid this? I mean I would think it would still be DMT-acetate, but the liquid containing it would be of a much closer to neutral PH. Just a thought.