We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New user advice? Options

neewbie5
#1 Posted : 5/30/2020 8:03:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section)
Hello everyone, noob here (as you can see). I'm about to try DMT for the first time, I have it in a vape form. I'm kinda nervous as the only other psychedelic I've ever tried is mushrooms which was only one time many years ago. Since then the only plant I've used regularly has been marijuana. Does anyone have any tips or advice? What if I get really scared and start having a bad trip? I'm thinking about just doing this alone since the trip lasts such a short amount of time but want to run it by you guys, would it be better if I had some company? Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 5/30/2020 8:37:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT can be simmilar to the effect of magic mushrooms. If you've had a strong mushroom trip, then you probably have some idea of what to expect.

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 5/30/2020 11:40:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hey there so the advice that you need is whether you should do it with other people around or not?

Well of course you can measure your dose and then just smoke a little. If you dont have any scale, then just apply a very tiny amount that will definetly not produce any overly high effects - like a 2x2 mm leaf if having Changa or half a knife tip of Freebase DMT.
Then just vape it and get comfortable with the soft feeling, then you can apply another dose and see when you want to stop for intensity. When going slow steps then you will definetly not need to be worried having not a partner by hand, as you could easily stop when you think it's too uncomfortable doing more being alone.
And as you say: It lasts very short. So there is not the danger of a *bad trip* that others psychedelics have ...

like for example: Walking around on the streets and getting Paranoia *Are people watching me?* *Do these guys talk about me?* Stuff that people tell after having a bad trip.

In the case of DMT you just chill and simply look where your mind takes you - there is not much of doing meanwhile, so you dont have to fear you would not be able to make a certain reaction to a certain situation or whatever ... its more of an observer than being in action yourself, therefore I would not say you could even have a bad trip in the same manner that long-lasting psychedelics COULD have.

Applying just minimal doses will definetly make you feel easy all the time, so just dip your toes and you will see whats next then.

waitfornever
#4 Posted : 5/31/2020 12:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would have to always reccomend having someone around for a first time. Bad trip aside, how YOU and YOUR body react to a drug can be unique.

If you do it alone, I would follow Brennendes Wasser advice. Start low, get a taste for it first.....

Either way, Enjoy!
Insanity is past, present, and future pain. 
Past pain never dies, otherwise it would not be pain. 
Life is present pain. 
All unknown and feared is future pain. 
Is the absence of pain happiness? 
And if constant pain leads to insanity; Can constant insanity destroy the pain?