We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Infinite Structures LED Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 5/30/2020 2:10:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hi there, I just stumbled above things that are called Infinity Cube or Infinity Dodecahedron on Youtube Surprised

Kind of new school DIY stuff assembled together and working in conjunction with programmable LED stripes. It seems you attach a special foil on all planes that will partially reflect the LED inside, but make you able to see through, creating an illusion of an infinite space inside, when watching from the correct angle. Even if you do not watch em in the "correct" angle to see that illusion, you will still get stunning impressions by that LED magic, so they seem to be just amazing from every angle.

Maybe when I have too much free time I may take a try at creating a very basic one, but as I have totally 0 wisdom regarding stuff like this, I may just ruin it Twisted Evil

Anyone can tell me how to make a video preview for Youtube? I just know how to attach pictures and GIFs ...

Here are some quite cool videos:

Infinity Cube --------- Infinity Dodecahedron

Some of theem seem to have microphones to respond to a sound - I saw something similar at a friend's flat and they also built some LED Monster that was "dancing" to the music - crazy Shocked Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 5/30/2020 3:19:44 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

The dodecahedron was insane the way it was programmed. To have the light run from bar to bar was a great effect. There was a guy in the comments that said he made a basic one for around 150$. He posted a video as well, maybe his would be more feasible for the normal person. Great post though, thanks.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 5/30/2020 4:07:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

If I would every try this I would just make a total noob version, something like this. Also does not seem to become too expensive when going tiny and less hyper Confused