We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3637383940NEXT»
Music Bin Options

Duncan Disorderly
#741 Posted : 4/25/2020 3:02:35 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

benzyme wrote:
woke up on a floyd kick. my earliest childhood memories include hearing PF everywhere, on the radio, neighbors, dad, uncles, etc.

Funny, I almost posted a Floyd song yesterday. Wish you Were Here. So, I'll share it now.

Also, great choice with, Dogs. Animals ranks as my favorite Floyd album. It's highly underrated and relatively unknown if you're not a fan of Pink Floyd. Everyone's focus is on Dark Side of the Moon, which is a brilliant album. However, Animals is a raw look at humanity with its Orwellian spin on human nature.

โ€œGive a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.โ€ -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#742 Posted : 4/25/2020 2:35:54 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Duncan Disorderly wrote:
benzyme wrote:
woke up on a floyd kick. my earliest childhood memories include hearing PF everywhere, on the radio, neighbors, dad, uncles, etc.

Funny, I almost posted a Floyd song yesterday. Wish you Were Here. So, I'll share it now.

Also, great choice with, Dogs. Animals ranks as my favorite Floyd album. It's highly underrated and relatively unknown if you're not a fan of Pink Floyd. Everyone's focus is on Dark Side of the Moon, which is a brilliant album. However, Animals is a raw look at humanity with its Orwellian spin on human nature.

indeed.

Wish You Were Here's "The Machine" was the first song I ever heard, four years old. the neighbor's pothead 14 y.o. son, tricked me to go in his room, turned off the light, and played it. I was a bit frightened, as you could imagine. Now I have that album on vinyl.

Agreed with your interpretation of Dogs. That one, and Have a Cigar, point to the desire of climbing the ranks of corporate heirarchy, and the backs stabbed/stepped on along the way. Some people on youtube say Pink Floyd weren't political in their songwriting, which is obviously not the case. They often wrote songs taking aim at the sleezy, political nature of the business side of the record industry.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Duncan Disorderly
#743 Posted : 4/26/2020 5:38:56 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

benzyme wrote:
indeed.

Wish You Were Here's "The Machine" was the first song I ever heard, four years old. the neighbor's pothead 14 y.o. son, tricked me to go in his room, turned off the light, and played it. I was a bit frightened, as you could imagine. Now I have that album on vinyl.

Agreed with your interpretation of Dogs. That one, and Have a Cigar, point to the desire of climbing the ranks of corporate heirarchy, and the backs stabbed/stepped on along the way. Some people on youtube say Pink Floyd weren't political in their songwriting, which is obviously not the case. They often wrote songs taking aim at the sleezy, political nature of the business side of the record industry.

My godmother's pothead son had me listen to Yes, Fragile in his room. He completed the scene with a black light and the posters that were made for such lighting glowed on his wall as the music played. I was about 8 at the time and instantly fell in love with the music.

Yes, Have A Cigar is definitely a stab at corporations. How anyone could think Pink Floyd wasn't political clearly hasn't listened to the lyrics properly. I'm linking a recent song I believe is influenced by Floyd to some degree. The video is brilliant and quite symbolic, as you will see. Enjoy! Peace. Money.

โ€œGive a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.โ€ -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

RoundAbout
#744 Posted : 4/27/2020 4:50:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Al Cisneros' (known from Sleep and OM) solo project. The low bass frequencies may not be present depending on your set up. Probably easier to appreciate when stoned... I like listening to his music after exercising also.

Duncan Disorderly
#745 Posted : 4/29/2020 3:33:19 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Inspired by the previous poster. Yes. Roundabout. Big grin

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

dragonrider
#746 Posted : 4/29/2020 7:33:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Duncan Disorderly wrote:
Inspired by the previous poster. Yes. Roundabout. Big grin

That is actually one of my favorite songs. "south side of the sky" and "heart of the sunrise", from the same album are also great songs.

Yes is a very remarkable band. Very inconsistent. But they have produced some pieces of music that are simply out of this world.

Duncan Disorderly
#747 Posted : 4/30/2020 1:40:42 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

dragonrider wrote:

That is actually one of my favorite songs. "south side of the sky" and "heart of the sunrise", from the same album are also great songs.

Yes is a very remarkable band. Very inconsistent. But they have produced some pieces of music that are simply out of this world.

You know. I knew there was something about you I liked from our first exchange when you saw through my Jedi disguise and liked Deee-Lite. Wink

Oh my friend, Yes and I go way back. Prog rock at its finest, imo. ELP come a close second in my book. Actually, I still have my denim jacket with a scene from Yessongs. You know the one with the girl sat on the hill. The guy who did it was an amazing artist and it might as well been painted by Dean himself.

Actually, I grew up in NYC and saw many concerts at the Garden. Saw Yes 3 times. Saw Zeppelin when they filmed The Song Remains the Same concerts. Plant in his prime. What a vibe! Saw Pink Floyd at Shea on The Wall Tour. Saw The Who at Shea. Pretty sure that is a live LP. I remember seeing Patti Smith in the Village a few times. Not in concert. Just walking around. Grace Jones as well.

On St Patrick's Day, my friends and I were stood on 5th Avenue across from The Plaza Hotel. A stretch limo is trying its best to drive through the crowd. It finally pulls up right in front of us, the doors opened and our jaws dropped. Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall get out. I'm like, "What's up, Mick!" He smiled and said, "What's up!" Then they had to fight through the crowd to get to The Plaza and people were starting to freak out as they realised who it was. Finally, Mick spins around real quick and says to the crowd, "Chill out people!" It worked, people let them through and they walked into the hotel.

Man, I loved growing up there. Live in the UK now, with horses and sheep out my window. Love it here.

Anyway, allow me to share my favourite Yes song. This song has had so much significance since I began my DMT journey back in December. Awaken.

By the way, if you haven't heard of Muse, I suggest you check them out. They're modern-day prog rock, I reckon. Or, at least influence by it. Origin of Symmetry and Absolution are gems.

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

TGO
#748 Posted : 5/14/2020 12:23:20 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Due to covid-19, Steven Wilson has pushed the release date of his new album, "The Future Bites" to January 2021. This is a song from the new album. Steve also released the stems for this song and is doing a remix challenge that ends in June. Anyone can participate.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

hug46
#749 Posted : 5/22/2020 1:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dan Deacon - USA I - IV set to great American landscapes

And i am sure that this must have been posted before the forum?

When I was done dying, my conscience regained
So I began my struggle, a nothingness strained
Out a flash made of time, my new form blasted out
And it startled me so and I burst out a shout
At which my legs ran frantic like birds from a nest
And I ran until drained, leaving no choice but rest
So I fell asleep softly at the edge of a cave
But I should have gone in deeper but I'm not so brave
And like that I was torn out and thrown in the sky
And I said all my prayers because surely I'll die
As I crashed down and smashed into earth, into dirt
How my skin did explode, leaving only my shirt
But from shirt grew a tree and then tree grew a fruit
And I became the seed and that seed was a brute
And I clawed through the ground with my roots and my leaves
And I tore up the shirt and I ate up the sleeves
And they laughed out at me and said "what is your plan?"
But their question was foreign, I could not understand
When then suddenly I'm ripped up and placed into a mouth
And it swallowed me down at which time I head south

I said hey ya ya hey ya ya hey ya ya hey ya ya hey ya ya

Well I woke up to see them, these two mighty steeds
With their mouths grinning wildly expressing my needs
As they stood there above me, being flanked on each side
I felt no need to fear them, no reason to hide
So I reached up to touch but they faded too soon
Yet their mouths still remained and stacked up towards the moon
How that ladder of mouth waved so soft in the night
And I looked up in awe at that beautiful sight
And I dreamt about climbing into the night sky
But I knew had I touched them they'd mouth back "Bye-bye"
So I got up and walked down the path in the dark
And there deep in the distance my eye caught a spark
Of a crab twice my size with incredible strength
Oh, it greeted me kindly and then we all drank
And we drooled out together right onto the ground
And the ocean grew up quickly right up all around
And the earth looked at me and said "Wasn't that fun?"
And I replied "I'm sorry if I hurt anyone"
And without even thinking cast me into space
But before she did that she wiped off my own face
She said better luck next time don't worry so much
Without ears I couldn't hear I could just feel the touch
As I feel asleep softly at the edge of a cave
But I should have gone deeper but I'm not so brave

I said hey ya ya hey ya ya hey ya ya hey ya ya hey ya ya

Propello
#750 Posted : 5/22/2020 5:26:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Einar Selvik - wardruna
Acoustic Live Concert from yesterday, 20th of May.

https://vimeo.com/418436472

benzyme
#751 Posted : 5/30/2020 1:39:05 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

latest Cosmic Cuts mix https://soundcloud.com/cosmic-cuts/show-78

NuSoul/jazzy, conscious hip-hop

I'm likely going to submit a mix on their Infrasound Series soon. a mix of psychedelic beats, jazzy lo-fi, trap, and nu-soul, maybe a dub track or two.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Cognitive Heart
#752 Posted : 5/30/2020 4:03:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Benz! Cool Great to see you still mixin' to this day. Must be that jazzy backround of yours. I still got your old Fl0wcell sessions from 180122015 on file, dude, superb for the late nights.

'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

benzyme
#753 Posted : 5/30/2020 4:14:20 AM

analytical chemist

nice!! and thank you Big grin
yeah, getting an Allen & Heath Xone K2 tomorrow, because I sold my Livid. Looking forward to putting something together after a long hiatus.

Cognitive Heart
#754 Posted : 5/30/2020 10:25:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cognitive Heart
#755 Posted : 6/2/2020 2:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

85 Decibel Monks is the jazziest of the jazz.

benzyme
#756 Posted : 6/4/2020 3:38:00 AM

analytical chemist

https://soundcloud.com/c...sound009-benzyme-newdeal

Cognitive Heart
#757 Posted : 6/4/2020 2:34:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme knockin' it outta the park Cool

benzyme
#758 Posted : 6/5/2020 12:19:31 AM

analytical chemist

Cool thanks.
delsur and unjust love that mix, and invited me to post moar. will do. the next one will be jazzy, methinks.

that Infrasound mix really moves the 12 in my whip.

Cognitive Heart
#759 Posted : 6/5/2020 3:32:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Cool thanks.
delsur and unjust love that mix, and invited me to post moar. will do. the next one will be jazzy, methinks.

Moar would be ideal, for all listeners tunin' in.

Laughing Cool

TGO
#760 Posted : 6/10/2020 3:00:24 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

«PREV3637383940NEXT»