CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline-fumarate solubility in water = partially dissolve room temp, fully dissolve hot temp Options

fathomlessness
#1 Posted : 5/14/2020 3:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Search results on the solubility of mescaline-fumarate didn't return much apart from this and this Sad

#1.
-I started with 1g powdered white mesc-fumarate crystals
-I dissolved in 40ml room temp water partially (about 20% dissolved).
-I evaporated out clear larger crystals (still only about 1-2mm in diameter)

#2.
-I then dissolved powdered white mesc-fumarate crystals in 40ml hot water, under boiling (about 160f-180f / 70c-80c)
-Fully dissolved
-I evaporated out clear larger crystals that looked identical to #1 (still only about 1-2mm in diameter)

I have not bio-assayed yet, but there is a bitter taste. Unsure whether it is left-over fumaric acid from the FASA.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 5/26/2020 3:23:40 PM

💖

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yeah, there may be some leftover fumaric acid. Have you tried washing with dry acetone? You can evap the acetone and check it out.

How did you use the FASA originally?
“... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

Elrik
#3 Posted : 7/24/2020 8:38:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To my knowledge no one has even resolved if doing a FASx on mescaline base produces mescaline fumarate, mescaline bifumarate, or some mixture thereof.
Which, aside from dose calculations, is a little academic because no one has measured the solubilities of either pure compound.

I suspect that a carefully conducted FASx will produce mostly mescaline bifumarate.
When I made true DMT fumarate by titration what I got was a maddening goo that only got thicker and thicker, it in no way resembled the product widely reported by FASA production. I found another who produced DMT fumarate by titration and their experience was the same.
It annoyed me so greatly I just dissolved it in water, drank it, and shattered the universe. Take that, goo! Shocked
I then produced DMT bifumarate by titration and I got a lovely crystalline product that was very easy to work with and not noticeably hygroscopic, I desiccated it out of habit rather than necessity. Making pills was a pleasure.

Producing mescaline bifumarate and testing its solubilities and recrystallization behavior is on my long list of things to do Wink [I anticipate that its recrystallization behavior will be second only to the sulfate]
I doubt I'll work with true mescaline fumarate, as I expect it to be a sticky mess.