We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
New Mandela Effect I just Discovered Options

Duncan Disorderly
#21 Posted : 5/25/2020 12:26:08 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Hyena wrote:
I have attached a picture of the weirdest one that happened in January this year. I went to visit my parents for the weekend and when I came back and went to my bathroom I was shocked to discover that my water tap now has this weird crooked plastic decoration to it. I've lived here for the past 4 years and I can swear it didn't have that addition. It's such a dumb feature anyway. Why on Earth would anyone add it to the tap? Such bizarre design.

Actually, the feature on the tap makes total sense. It gives you a better grip on the tap with wet hands, more so if your hands are soapy since stainless steel on its own would tend to be slippery. It would be far more impressive if you had a photo of the tap taken before you visited your parents.

What I if told you that you read the start of this sentence wrong? Nuff said.

Peace.
DD.
β€œGive a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Duncan Disorderly
#22 Posted : 5/25/2020 4:05:36 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Hyena wrote:
Wait until you're starting to see personal Mandela effects. That's when it really starts to feel weird.

Currently, a growing number of people believe the Earth is flat. Flat. It astounds me. They are convinced that the entire scientific community, NASA, the armed forces, the government, every pilot that flies in the air and countless other examples are all in cahoots to convince the rest of us dumb monkeys that the world is round. That is not a conspiracy theory, that is extreme, delusional paranoia if you believe this nonsense. At this rate, we'll be burning witches again.

It's ironic that in the information age ignorance seems to prevail. Disinformation and misinformation are ubiquitous on the web. Specious reasoning over rationality is everywhere. Personally, I see disinformation, in particular, as a crime against humanity since it intentionally is designed to distort the truth and effectively stagnates our intellectual evolution.

You mention syllogisms and how people are unwilling or unable to conduct them. Applying this logic to everything you have said so far, it's clear to me that you have invested far more time learning about the ME over learning about memory and perception. There have been countless studies and experiments on this topic. Despite this, you would prefer to believe in the ME.

The fact that you never noticed your tap had the feature you mention does not mean it wasn't there previously. It only means you never noticed it before. Instead of simply accepting this, you would prefer to believe the ME was the culprit. The true ME isn't that reality has shifted, my friend. The effect is that so many gullible people can be influenced into believing it's true.

Personally speaking, I have a perfect example of something I could take as a ME, if I was so inclined. Scooby-Doo. I watched the cartoon as a kid on Saturday mornings with my mother. We were both huge Scooby fans. Up until they made the film with Sarah Michele Buffy, I was convinced Velma was called Thelma. My mother remembers it as Thelma as well. It was easy to understand why we thought this way. Since we both believed it was Thelma, it sounded like Thelma, not Velma, when we heard the name.

With all due respect, your logic is flawed and your reasoning is specious. You prefer to see the world and reality as being the thing that is at fault, over seeing and accepting the faults that lie in yourself. The human condition is far from perfect. Our perceptions are often misleading and we can easily fool ourselves into believing something that is simply not true. May I suggest you learn more about how the human mind perceives the world and how memory works.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I believe it was Carl Sagan who said this. You have made many extraordinary claims here, yet offer no extraordinary evidence whatsoever.

Please don't take my brutal honesty as an insult. I can assure you, insulting you is not my intention.

Peace.
DD.
β€œGive a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 5/25/2020 8:29:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hyena wrote:
What's really going on is that our everyday reality is gradually turning into a dream. This is an ancient Mayan prophecy. If anyone is interested I could share references.

Now, this sounds a bit more in resonance with my experiences. Not that the appeal to ancient Mayan authority serves to impress me Wink. Since dreaming has always been among my most favourite of activities, I've actively sought to enhance the dream-like nature of my waking life. The results have been interesting. Certain aspects of the functioning of 'reality' have become apparent. It's a kind of practical spirituality.

However, there are countless things where I've walked past a hundred times only to notice them on the hundred and first. I'm quite willing to accept that I'm not omniscient and have a somewhat patchy memory. It's simply not practical for us to remember every aspect of our entire lives and surroundings on an ongoing basis.

wrote:
I was convinced Velma was called Thelma. My mother remembers it as Thelma as well. It was easy to understand why we thought this way. Since we both believed it was Thelma, it sounded like Thelma, not Velma, when we heard the name.

Wait - what? It was always Thelma! How can you be telling me this?! The makers of the modern movie have done this on purpose to push their ME agenda (my, what a telling abbreviation...)
[Actually, I think this is down to 'Thelma' being a more well-known name and after 30 years of memory storage, the 'Velma' gets re-hashed into something closer to the norm for that phoneme sequence.]

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Hyena
#24 Posted : 5/25/2020 8:43:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

THIS IS HUGE! I just discovered ANOTHER FLIP-FLOP! Like literally 5 minutes ago.

Hillary Clinton is now with double L just like it was originally (before ~2012).

So to state this explicitly, the following changes have taken place:

Hillary Clinton ---> Hilary Clinton ---> Hillary Clinton

For the record, Flat Earth Theory is a complete and utter psy ops designed to ridicule ANYONE who is questioning the official narrative of the NASA/mainstream science. And no, people are not massively believing this bullshit. A handful of paid online trolls keep this fake narrative alive. They have successfully fooled some people, that I can agree with, but that's that. There are no delusional masses behind this particular description of the world. I'm not going to address any of the other replies because I have no time nor interest to smash my head against a wall.

PREV12