We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa (question should be in Changa area but I'm too new of a member) Options

changa_boi
#1 Posted : 5/21/2020 11:39:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow voyagers, captains, pirates, and stewards of hyperspace!

So I have a question about Changa...yes I've scoured all the form posts and haven't quite got the information I'm looking for.

My quest to make my own changa began after our plug disappeared. Changa was my first introduction to DMT, and this stuff we used to get was incredible. After our guy evaporated into the aether, I had to learn how to make DMT myself (after trial and error, got it down pat now), and now I'm trying to replicate the changa we used to get.

After much research I'm 99% sure what we were getting was DMT infused into only black caapi leaf and vine at a 60-70% DMT to herb ratio. (it was powerful stuff!)

SWIM has made a couple batches of changa using caapi vine and an herb mixture that's available down here (in south america) called 'Kumbayah'. It's been fine, but not that same 1-hit go-to-bizzaro-world experience that is sought.

The quest to procure black caapi vine and leaf continues (which is surprisingly much harder than it should be, as I'm in ground zero for where these plants are grown, but perhaps my inadequacy with the local language prevents me from finding it online)....but I had a question about the harmala content.

IF I were to infuse spice into strictly caapi vine and leaf as the base, that would be more than enough harmalas for the full MAOI-inhibited effect, no? No need to add any other freebase (and I know it depends on preference), yah?

Second, reading Julian Palmer's changa blog post, he talks about a 2x harmala enhancement, by adding say, 300mg of 'extracted' harmalas from vine into the normal 300mg vine/leaf portion of the 1:1 smoking mixture. He recommends soaking 300mg vine in ethanol/alcohol/ISO/whatever and then adding that to the mix....the problem is he doesn't specify quite HOW to add it. So my question is, how exactly does that work? Do I soak the vine in the alcohol, and then strain the vines and use the vine-soaked alcohol as my substance where I dissolve the DMT and then add the regular amount of vine, or do I soak the vines and then keep them in the mixture and dissolve the DMT and then add more vine?

I've seen the harmala extract teks, and tbh I'm not trying to do all that. I figure if my base is all cappi, it won't be neccessary. Of course will have to get and caapi and try to find out, but in the meantime while playing with vine and kumbayah, considering trying to soak some vine to 'pump up the jam' so to speak...and just curious how that works.

Cheers all! Hope everyone is lovely, hope everyone is safe!

Many blessings

-CB
Just be.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/22/2020 8:41:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Soak, strain, rinse first vine with a bit more alcohol, add all liquid (plus DMT if that's what you want) to slightly less than the equal mass of vine as used in the soak. Allow alcohol to evaporate completely.

You need a little less vine for the second amount because the mass of the extract from the first portion must also be taken into account. For example, if your vine contained 1% alkaloids, your extract from 100g would add 1g of alkaloids, plus whatever other alcohol-soluble material there might be, to the second 100g. This makes 2g of alkaloids in at least 101g of plant material plus extract. 2/101 is less than 2%, especially if the extraction isn't 100% efficient - which it won't be. The "correct" proportions can be worked out using relatively simple arithmetic.

One trick would be to add the liquid extract to a significantly smaller - but carefully measured - second amount of plant material. After all the solvent has evaporated, the plant material is weighed again then the appropriate amount of extra plant material is added as calculated from the additional mass contributed by the evaporated extract. To ensure an even distribution of extracted material, further solvent is added to the dry material and allowed to evaporate once more with careful stirring.

Anyhow, that's your 2x harmala enhancement.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

changa_boi
#3 Posted : 5/25/2020 8:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much downward! How long do I let the vine soak for?
Just be.

changa_boi
#4 Posted : 5/25/2020 8:21:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Soak, strain, rinse first vine with a bit more alcohol, add all liquid (plus DMT if that's what you want) to slightly less than the equal mass of vine as used in the soak. Allow alcohol to evaporate completely.

Thanks so much downward! How long do I let the vine soak for?
Just be.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 5/26/2020 4:07:00 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Like any other herbal tincture, several days at least. Some people believe in co-ordinating such things with the motions of the moon and planets and might use astronomical information for deciding start and end dates. This is not obligatory but it can be used to add another psychospiritual dimension to the process. Making some investment of gaining additional knowledge shows respect for the experience.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

SynKyd
#6 Posted : 5/26/2020 7:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You also have the option of purchasing the extracted harmalas online (in many countries) and using that powder with any herb and magic you prefer.......that method allows for easier experimentation to dial in your preferred blend. Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

changa_boi
#7 Posted : 6/10/2020 11:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Like any other herbal tincture, several days at least. Some people believe in co-ordinating such things with the motions of the moon and planets and might use astronomical information for deciding start and end dates. This is not obligatory but it can be used to add another psychospiritual dimension to the process. Making some investment of gaining additional knowledge shows respect for the experience.

I've heard that before and I'm definitely down to try...with all these lunar anomalies coming up throughout the rest of the year should have some great chances to experiment. I'm working with an audio engineer to try and run a schumann resonance into the tincture while everything is distilling right now.

Thanks so much for the info!
Just be.

changa_boi
#8 Posted : 6/10/2020 11:05:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SynKyd wrote:
You also have the option of purchasing the extracted harmalas online (in many countries) and using that powder with any herb and magic you prefer.......that method allows for easier experimentation to dial in your preferred blend. Love

Thank you! I'm going to see what's available in the country I'm in right now!
Just be.