We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi all Options

Arcan
#1 Posted : 5/22/2020 4:26:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

So I've been reading a lot on the Nexus lately and felt it was time for a shot intro.

I originally got here looking through a shroom growing thread, as I've recently started growing them myself. My first experience with shrooms began when I was about 22 after being diagnosed with cluster headache, and got heavy side effects from the prescribed treatment(s). After discovering the beneficial effects of psilocybin I managed to go pain free for many years, taking only one dose every 6 months (works even better for migraines, in case anyone here suffers from them). My original scheme consisted of going to Amsterdam every ~1.5 years as they can be purchased legally over there, but I rapidly got tired of the 4 hour drive, not to mention those growing kits only cost about as much as 2 doses.

Then a few months ago I had read about ayahuasca, and having experienced the "spiritual" effects of psilocybin the idea really appealed to me (the 2K$/week price for a nice retreat in Brazil not so much). When I got to the DMT nexus I hadn't even heard about DMT but as I started reading more it seemed like a much better alternative to ayahuasca. No puking or other fluids exiting your body, limited chance of bad trips (or at least they will only last 10-15 minutes) and seems to be the shortest way to hyperspace.
I've always been passionate about space, so when I read "hyperspace" I was basically sold. When I read "entities" I was even more intrigued.

Anyway, long story short, I decided to purchase the necessary raw materials last week - pure caustic soda with a clear MSDS seems pretty hard to find in West Europe - and got started on my first extraction yesterday. I went with a variant of the GordoTek because it was well explained on youtube, but sadly when I took my naphtha out of the freezer this morning it didn't show any crystals. Still trying to figure out what went wrong and performing another extraction as we speak, hopefully something good will come out of it. One side question on this topic: is there a reason why everyone uses glass dishes / jars for crystallization as opposed to a ceramic bowl, or should both work?

Cheers!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Arcan
#2 Posted : 5/24/2020 11:11:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, it took a lot of pre-evapping but happy to say it finally worked!
Although they are really small and it's not a lot, at least it's a start.

Not sure if I'll harvest them like this or redissolve the two batches, combine them, pre-evap some more and re-x. Any advice on what you guys would do?
Arcan attached the following image(s):
IMG_3291.jpg (853kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
IMG_3292.jpg (843kb) downloaded 11 time(s).