We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Best friends of Jesus Christ -- Bible Study. Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 1/10/2020 10:12:10 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Hey everyone, so basically this is a thread for us people colloquially refered to as 'on fire for the Lord' to share our favorite parts of the teaching, canonical and non canonical, in the form of text or video, and our thoughts and feelings about them if we so wish.

I had my friend Cactus Man in mind, but anyone can jump in Very happy

So, any verses to share? Smile
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

FranLover
#2 Posted : 1/12/2020 6:42:17 AM

Christ's glorification.

John 17
After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

"I have revealed you [1] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you.

For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours.

All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.

I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one.

They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

Sanctify [2] them by the truth; your word is truth.

As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.

For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the universe

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me.

I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

FranLover
#3 Posted : 1/16/2020 1:37:07 AM

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 1/21/2020 6:34:31 AM

The Divine Shepherd Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
For His Name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil;
For you are with me;
Your rod and Your staff - they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies,
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
My whole life long

Jupitor
#5 Posted : 1/22/2020 3:51:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exekiel 16:17

"Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them."

Probably my favorite bible verse about jewel studded gold dildos. Very thought provoking. Reminds me that I should stop treating my own penis like a silver encrusted monument that constantly needs polishing if I ever hope to attain full enlightenment.

Strigiform
#6 Posted : 1/22/2020 4:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jupitor wrote:
Exekiel 16:17

"Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them."

Probably my favorite bible verse about jewel studded gold dildos. Very thought provoking. Reminds me that I should stop treating my own penis like a silver encrusted monument that constantly needs polishing if I ever hope to attain full enlightenment.

Ezekiel 23:19-21 is unironically hot smut in any translation. The Bible is such a quirky and interesting book.

But to answer the OP more respectfully I like the book of James a lot. James 5:1–6 admonition of the wealthy is zesto. Good advice on speech in James 3:1–12.

FranLover
#7 Posted : 1/22/2020 5:28:02 AM

Quote:
Reminds me that I should stop treating my own penis like a silver encrusted monument that constantly needs polishing if I ever hope to attain full enlightenment.

For those who arent aware this is a conversation which Jupitor and I have had previously but could never finish Smile

And I say to thee; any conditioned habit which is based around getting hits of pleasure (dopamine) for no good reason or real achievement is going to be detrimental to a person on the path, smoking and drinking just as well. Happiness/equanimity is about understanding why desires arise, why conditioned habits and responses get formed and why we never put an end to them. Less self gratification is what naturally ocurrs in a person who discovers they arent actually a person, but part of something much larger, and as part of that much larger web of creation we have a responsibility to conserve our time and health as well as our energy. Sexual energy is to be transmuted in order to have a normal life, this is common knowledge, for if not everyone would be a sex addict (and many are.) But what the wise of this world have understood is that to go a step beyond, to really abandon desire, to really purify the soul and mind, is what reaps the greatest rewards on the path, e.g: much higher concentration, higher resolve, higher strenght, higher moral, higher energy, and greater connection to nature and source.

FranLover
#8 Posted : 1/22/2020 5:33:27 AM

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Wow...thats so beautiful. Nice find Strigiform Smile thanks

Jupitor
#9 Posted : 1/22/2020 8:14:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Quote:
Reminds me that I should stop treating my own penis like a silver encrusted monument that constantly needs polishing if I ever hope to attain full enlightenment.

For those who arent aware this is a conversation which Jupitor and I have had previously but could never finish Smile

And I say to thee; any conditioned habit which is based around getting hits of pleasure (dopamine) for no good reason or real achievement is going to be detrimental to a person on the path, smoking and drinking just as well. Happiness/equanimity is about understanding why desires arise, why conditioned habits and responses get formed and why we never put an end to them. Less self gratification is what naturally ocurrs in a person who discovers they arent actually a person, but part of something much larger, and as part of that much larger web of creation we have a responsibility to conserve our time and health as well as our energy. Sexual energy is to be transmuted in order to have a normal life, this is common knowledge, for if not everyone would be a sex addict (and many are.) But what the wise of this world have understood is that to go a step beyond, to really abandon desire, to really purify the soul and mind, is what reaps the greatest rewards on the path, e.g: much higher concentration, higher resolve, higher strenght, higher moral, higher energy, and greater connection to nature and source.

Oh Franny. I enjoy you.

I'm just very cautious/skeptical when I hear anyone claiming moral high ground when it comes to auto-sexual behavior. You see, I thought for pretty much my entire adolescence and early adulthood that I was going straight to hell for pleasuring myself in this way. I literally thought the creator of the universe looked down on me in disgust. That was FAR MORE DAMAGING than the masturbatory depletion of life energy ever was.

That being said, I do respect you and your words and consider them all. I'm about half way through the book "Cupid's Poison Arrow" and have found it very fascinating. Finding a new way of making love via Karezza is a very intriguing idea to me. I hope I can get my wife on board for this experiment.

On top of that, I have been NoFapping it for about 3 weeks now in hopes of doing the very thing of which you speak- transmuting that energy into other life endeavors, which for me will be creative pursuits and physical fitness. There seems to be many guys out there benefiting from it so I'm giving it a shot. The neuroscience seems pretty solid. Thanks for being a good sport about my smart-ass-ness, etc.

And as per the OP-

James 1:5

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Asher7
#10 Posted : 5/12/2020 9:01:02 AM

Professional Tracker

John 14:

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave.

Asher7
#11 Posted : 5/12/2020 9:09:23 AM

Professional Tracker

1 Corinthians 15:51-53:

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 5/22/2020 9:36:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Not a Jesus line, but one that I feel is very important to understand:-
Genesis 1:1-2:

"In the beginning, when God[s] created the universe, the Earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and an awesome wind was moving over the water."

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

AstraLex
#13 Posted : 5/23/2020 11:54:48 PM

Russian-Orthodox Christian

This thread should include the new commandment defining the New Testament, which is based on love, instead of "an eye for an eye" as the Old Testament:

John 13:34-35 wrote:
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
I took the red pill.

null24
#14 Posted : 5/24/2020 3:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

AstraLex wrote:
This thread should include the new commandment defining the New Testament, which is based on love, instead of "an eye for an eye" as the Old Testament:

John 13:34-35 wrote:
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Thank you for pointing that out. That is the basis of the exoteric Christian doctrine, correct? And that which exposes the flaw in the practice, but that's not the point of this thread.

The commandments and prohibitions of the old testament distilled into one teaching. If the commandment to love is followed, it renders those of Moses superfluous.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

AstraLex
#15 Posted : 5/25/2020 2:53:59 AM

Russian-Orthodox Christian

Yes, love for God and for all people is the foundation of Christianity:
Mark 12:28-33 wrote:
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

So, in theory it’s simple: love everybody and by so doing you will be in a perfect communion with God. But, as you have adequately put: the practice is a whole different thing. Our love for other people is fundamentally flawed: if people behave nicely towards us, do things that please us, tell us things we are happy to hear – we love them. But once the very same people criticize us, oppose us, do not behave as we expect – our love is gone in the very same moment. In other words: even our so called unconditional love is almost always just an egoistical, self-serving “I love you only if you please me” kind of thing.

Therefore, the whole point of the Christian practice is to make one capable of a true, perfect love, and not that egoistical love-thingy:
Matthew 5:43-48 wrote:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

The exact details of how this perfect love state is achieved is well beyond the scope of this thread, but I can provide a quick summary. It begins with what the ancient Greeks called “Gnothi seauton” ("know thyself”). You have to decent deep into yourself, observe your own soul. At first, you will see only your biggest flaws/sins: “I am a good, decent person. Surely, I did a few bad things in my life, but who didn’t? I might not be perfect, but I am definitely better than most other people.” But gradually, if you remain honest to yourself, your true nature will become more and more evident to you: “For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.” (Psalm 40:12).

From this knowledge, a true compassion is born. You will start to see others as they really are: very, very sick people. Just like you are. There are no truly evil people, but some are more sick than others, and the more a person is sick, the more compassion you will feel towards that person. From this compassion, a true love feeling will emerge. You will really start to love your enemies, and by so doing they will cease to be your enemies and you will be re-united with God, Who is an Absolute Love, and loves everybody absolutely:
1 John 4:7-8 wrote:
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
I took the red pill.

Ferrum
#16 Posted : 5/26/2020 5:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Matthew 7:1-5 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

I always liked that passage , also I find it a challenging one to practice . Forgiveness of myself so many times for judging others is key , and forgiving others of their judgment s of me .