CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
New Mandela Effect I just Discovered Options
 
Hyena
#1 Posted : 5/9/2020 6:28:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
Anyone here ever played that great turn-based strategy game known as Heroes of the Might and Magic? Today I discovered it is no longer named as such. Now the title is written without the word the in the middle: Heroes of Might and Magic.

It clearly is a Mandela Effect because Google search suggests the title with the word the in it and people are making videos where they still refer to the game that way. Here's one such example where the narrator even spells it out the way I remember the title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOF0TO9jqdY

Hyena attached the following image(s):
Homm3boxart.jpg (32kb) downloaded 176 time(s).
 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
null24
#2 Posted : 5/9/2020 8:27:28 PM

Not a derogatory robot, since 1969


Posts: 3273
Joined: 21-Jul-2012
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: Cascadia
Why does the Mandela effect, namesake not withstanding, always seem to work on obscure pop culture?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*
the practical tripper
MojoCorps Creative Services Bureau
 
Hyena
#3 Posted : 5/9/2020 8:40:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
null24 wrote:
Why does the Mandela effect, namesake not withstanding, always seem to work on obscure pop culture?


Not always at all. There are more examples of changes in normal pop culture than in the obscure one.

A couple of examples:

Looney Toons -> Looney Tunes

Flintstones -> Flinstones -> Flintstones

Mirror mirror on the wall -> Magic mirror on the wall

Life is like a box of chocolates -> Life was like a box of chocolates

Lion will lay down with the lamb -> The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb (Isaiah 11:6)

The monopoly man no longer having a monocle

Uncle Sam's I want you for U.S. army poster guy's hat no longer has red stripes but instead it's just white

... and the list goes on ...
 
dreamer042
#4 Posted : 5/10/2020 4:10:50 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Posts: 4264
Joined: 10-Sep-2009
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: Rocky mountain high
I remember it as always being Heroes of Might and Magic.

Looney Toons has always been Looney Toons.
Flintstones has always been Flintstones.
I definitely remember it as Mirror Mirror ,not Magic Mirror.
He says was at the beginning as he's telling the story, but his mom says is amidst the story.
Not sure on the lion and the lamb that one was never common in my parlance.
I don't think Uncle Pennybags ever had a monocle, they are probably thinking of Mr. Peanut
I do seem to remember Sam having some stripes.

I'm damn certain it was the Berenstein Bears though!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca
 
DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 5/10/2020 9:47:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1725
Joined: 28-May-2009
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
I remember it as "Mirror Mirror", but "Magic mirror" does make more sense... why double up on the "mirror"?

Looking up some more examples, I seem to remember the current (supposedly changed) names being the same as the old ones. Not all of them, but at no point do I feel 100% sure with the ones I remember differently.

I'm thinking Occum's Razor on this one - humans have terrible memories.
 
Exitwound
#6 Posted : 5/10/2020 10:25:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 397
Joined: 24-Dec-2017
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
DoingKermit wrote:
I'm thinking Occum's Razor on this one - humans have terrible memories.


I second this opinion. We trust in our brain's ability to recognize familiar things, but just like neural networks in software, it can give false positive results when "recognizing" data.
 
Hyena
#7 Posted : 5/10/2020 11:59:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
Exitwound wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:
I'm thinking Occum's Razor on this one - humans have terrible memories.


I second this opinion. We trust in our brain's ability to recognize familiar things, but just like neural networks in software, it can give false positive results when "recognizing" data.


This is all fair and good until you are starting to get flip-flops. Wink

A flip-flop is a Mandela Effect that reverts back to what it was originally.

In my life I have personally witnessed 2 flip-flops.

Some time in 2016/2017 Flintstones changed into Flinstones (without the T in the middle). A couple of years later it reverted back to Flintstones and it has now been as such for the past year or 2.

One huge Mandela Effect that happened long time ago, perhaps even earlier than Flinstones, was the Creation of Adam by Michelangelo. Originally the fingers of God and Adam were almost touching but not quite. That's how I remember it from before 2012-2014 period after which all these strange things started to happen. Then the distance between their fingers became huge as seen in the attached image (someone found what is called as the residue effect, where people have drawn something from their memories it is more resistant to changing).

BUT THEN, it too sort of reverted back (at least the gap between the fingers, but other changes appeared that weren't there before).

This made me actually visit Vatican in October 2019 to see the original painting with my own eyes and now the fingers are again almost touching each other.

That said, it is ridiculous to blame this on "bad memories" because neither I nor anyone else could reasonably have a false memory OF A FALSE MEMORY. Especially, if all this has happened in recent years! That argument alone completely and utterly destroys any possibility to brush this phenomenon under the carpet saying "you just remember it wrong".

Interesting side-fact: In 2013 I combined LSD, DMT and THC, and went through a mentally painful ego death (I was convinced that I had somehow died). It's after that when Mandela effects came to be. Could be just a coincidence though, but for me, the world has never been the same ever again after what happened back then.
Hyena attached the following image(s):
creation-of-adam-flop.jpg (53kb) downloaded 140 time(s).
 
Hyena
#8 Posted : 5/10/2020 12:03:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
Since the forum software only renders one of the attached images I am making a double post for the second one, as it is kind of important illustration and I doubt anyone would manually download the picture on their desktop just to view it.
Hyena attached the following image(s):
creation-of-adam-flip.jpg (97kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
 
Duncan Disorderly
#9 Posted : 5/11/2020 4:45:13 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!


Posts: 55
Joined: 19-Jan-2020
Last visit: 02-Jun-2020
Location: My underground lair. Yes! Lair!
Personally, I think people pay more attention to the supposed effect far more than examining the mechanics of memory. The Mandela Effect is usually about a missing word or a slight variation in spelling. In fact, the examples are the very thing people often recall incorrectly. Added to this, is the fact they are not recent memories. The Mandela Effect cites lines from films made many years ago or a product you bought when you were a child. It's never about people remembering the coastline of Sweden has changed or something hugely profound.

As a result, there's a percentage of people who will remember something incorrectly. But, and this is a big but, just because a group of people remember something, in the same way, DOES NOT indicate they are correct. It only indicates that they agree on what they BELIEVE is correct.

Finally, the one glaring hole in the theory has to do with people recalling something from "another reality". Not only that, but some recall and some don't. If reality shifted, then we would shift with it and recall the new reality we inhabit. How can a fraction of people recall one reality and another fraction don't recall it? Ask me what I had for breakfast a week ago and I would have a tough time remembering it.

Peace.
DD.

EDIT: Forgot to mention an example we should all recognise. Typos. Typos are rarely something I spot when I check my words. I can proofread my words two or three times after I wrote them and won't spot the typos. It's usually a few hours or a day later when I spot them and they're glaringly obvious mistakes. How can that be if I read the words over and they appeared correct? The answer is simple. I read the actual words that came from my head while they're still fresh in my mind. Therefore, my mind sees what it wants to see.

Ask yourself. What makes more sense? That I originally read my words correctly and the Mandela Effect inserted the typos a day later? Or, that I saw what I WANTED to see?
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra
 
downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 5/22/2020 9:35:14 PM

No way ticket

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 4725
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: square root of minus one
Hyena wrote:
Exitwound wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:
I'm thinking Occum's Razor on this one - humans have terrible memories.


I second this opinion. We trust in our brain's ability to recognize familiar things, but just like neural networks in software, it can give false positive results when "recognizing" data.
[...]
Interesting side-fact: In 2013 I combined LSD, DMT and THC, and went through a mentally painful ego death (I was convinced that I had somehow died). It's after that when Mandela effects came to be. Could be just a coincidence though, but for me, the world has never been the same ever again after what happened back then.

So, you're not willing to accept the possibility that your drug use may have led to enhanced imprint vulnerability and/or delusional thinking, along with impaired memory function - something for which THC is famous?


All that said, I have had apparent reconfigurations of the function of the universe as well as changes in well-known cultural iconography over the years (and each time I've wished I'd noted it down, as these really seemed like glitches in the matrix). Often these would occur after some kind of psychedelic session and I would thus joke that I'd jumped into another universe again. Equally, my initial question applies to my own experience as well.

What this does highlight is not only that our minds do create our universe as we perceive it but also that we are error-prone and some of us like to claim a mystical effect rather than going with the more rational conclusion that we simply got it wrong for all that time (or part, in the case of flip-flops - but I've not worn flip-flops since I was a child, so you can count me out of that one.)

Another aspect is that it's entirely possible to use psychedelics for modification our memories of past events through their neurogenetic stimulus. Indeed, this is what makes them potentially useful psychotherapeutic tools. Such memory edits would be essentially undetectable to our day-to-day conscious mind and would appear thoroughly convincing up until the revelatory moment, like the Emperor's new clothes, perhaps?

It may be argued that this effect occurs without recourse to mind-altering drugs - but it's worth bearing mind that nutritional factors can achieve this as well. Beware that delicious bowl of cherries - it could change your universe!
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
Hyena
#11 Posted : 5/22/2020 9:57:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
Quote:
So, you're not willing to accept the possibility that your drug use may have led to enhanced imprint vulnerability and/or delusional thinking, along with impaired memory function - something for which THC is famous?


You can't play ye good old "you're delusional" trick if A LOT of people are seeing the same exact changes. Just don't even try to rationalize this away this way. You will only lose friends.

Besides, correlation does not imply causation.

The fact that Mandela effects can revert back in a couple of years of their existence flushes all the "bad memory, drugs, etc" rationalizations down the toilet. You can't have a false memory of a false memory. I can't stress this enough. Nothing to do with wearing flip-flops. If some aspect of the world changes then it's a flip and when it reverts back it's a flop. That's what it means when a Mandela effect flip-flops.
 
downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 5/22/2020 10:13:42 PM

No way ticket

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 4725
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: square root of minus one
One of my matrix glitches is that I used to be in a universe where people had a sense of humour...

Quote:
You can't play ye good old "you're delusional" trick if A LOT of people are seeing the same exact changes. Just don't even try to rationalize this away this way.

Not even if your friends are a bunch of stoners too?

Quote:
You can't have a false memory of a false memory.

How would you even know?

Quote:
Besides, correlation does not imply causation.

The fact that Mandela effects can revert back in a couple of years of their existence flushes all the "bad memory, drugs, etc" rationalizations down the toilet.

I find your logic to be flawed. Use of clever terminology, even in bold typeface, doesn't make what you say true.

Your tone in defence of your belief seems somewhat aggressive, which indicates to me having these questions asked presents some kind of threat to your belief system which you feel gives you something special about your sense of identity. This is only human, and I can empathise.

I raised some other ideas, though, and was wondering what you thought about them. Neurological rewiring, for instance.

Which is the simpler hypothesis - your neurology has changed, or the whole of reality has changed? How would
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
Hyena
#13 Posted : 5/22/2020 10:59:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
downwardsfromzero wrote:

I find your logic to be flawed. Use of clever terminology, even in bold typeface, doesn't make what you say true.

Your tone in defence of your belief seems somewhat aggressive, which indicates to me having these questions asked presents some kind of threat to your belief system which you feel gives you something special about your sense of identity. This is only human, and I can empathise.



No offense, but if people are unable or unwilling to conduct trivial syllogisms by themselves, then it's the dead end of discussion. Since I'm the creator of this topic I am naturally not amused by trolls. On the other hand, prior experience shows that Mandela Effect is a trigger word for online shills and such topics always get derailed. So I shouldn't be surprised.

However, if by any chance you are sincere and the idea of a false memory of a false memory isn't absurd to you, then I can't make it any more obvious to you even if I wanted to. But I'm pretty sure you are just unwilling to admit the absurdity of having a false memory of a false memory, because it is such a powerful statement. It utterly destroys any attempts to "debunk Mandela Effects" and to blame it on bad memory or pot.

For the record, I have been clean for the past 3 years and last time I smoked weed was 6 years ago. 5 years ago I took a psychiatric test because it was required by my employer and it showed no personality disorders or any deviations. In fact, if it was some form of a delusion, then surely seeing Mandela Effects couldn't be the only symptom. I would have psychological issues in other areas of life too, but I don't have them. I don't take (nor need to take) any medicine, I am healthy and both sides of my brain function very well. I can draw realistic looking pencil drawings and I work as a software engineer.

By the way, it's perfectly fine not to have witnessed any Mandela effects. People these days have really bad memory, so if anything changes, they blame it on themselves. They have conditions such as "brain fog", they take various sedatives and they are generally "dumbed down". It is OK not to see Mandela effects the same way it is OK not to have empirical evidence on certain phenomenon that is acknowledged by other people.
 
null24
#14 Posted : 5/23/2020 5:40:30 PM

Not a derogatory robot, since 1969


Posts: 3273
Joined: 21-Jul-2012
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: Cascadia
Quote:
.No offense, but if people are unable or unwilling to conduct trivial syllogisms by themselves, then it's the dead end of discussion. Since I'm the creator of this topic I am naturally not amused by trolls. On the other hand, prior experience shows that Mandela Effect is a trigger word for online shills and such topics always get derailed. So I shouldn't be surprised.

Dude. As you pointed out, YOU started the thread. Anybody that disagrees with you is a troll? Believe me, i COULD troll the life out of this thread if i wanted to, but wanted to poke a little fun at it instead.

I think that many of the responses point out some of the many logical and cognitive flaws in your supposition, and refusing to entertain resistance to it implies a lack of understanding and a reliance on belief.

The idea that a commonly shared belief among many people proves the veracity of that belief is simply wrong. Ever heard of religion?

I'd hate to think that anybody's friendship with me is contingent on cosigning their false beliefs. I think if someone made that demand that I'd gladly lose that friend. I'm kinda into challenging myself and my friends, for better or worse.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*
the practical tripper
MojoCorps Creative Services Bureau
 
null24
#15 Posted : 5/23/2020 5:46:15 PM

Not a derogatory robot, since 1969


Posts: 3273
Joined: 21-Jul-2012
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: Cascadia
Also,
Quote:
By the way, it's perfectly fine not to have witnessed any Mandela effects. People these days have really bad memory, so if anything changes, they blame it on themselves. They have conditions such as "brain fog", they take various sedatives and they are generally "dumbed down".

But you, on the other hand, are immune to this?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*
the practical tripper
MojoCorps Creative Services Bureau
 
Hyena
#16 Posted : 5/23/2020 6:04:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
To anyone actually interested in this topic, here's a film that was recently released that is a good starting point for anyone wishing to wake up:

The Mandela Effect (2019)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfYw6hSTgE0

It is rather blatant about the phenomenon, and while I respect the fact that they are handling the topic I do not agree with their interpretation of Mandela Effect. I believe it's something else.

Curiously, there's also another great film that never even mentions "mandela effects" but anyone who is familiar with the concept will immediately recognize that the film is all about a Mandela effect:

Yesterday (2019)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqvgPm8U4c

(Really good film, highly recommended)

 
downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 5/23/2020 10:28:08 PM

No way ticket

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 4725
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 05-Jun-2020
Location: square root of minus one
I am yet to see a convincing argument that explains how a false memory of a false memory is absurd. As I originally mentioned,
I wrote:
All that said, I have had apparent reconfigurations of the function of the universe as well as changes in well-known cultural iconography over the years (and each time I've wished I'd noted it down, as these really seemed like glitches in the matrix). Often these would occur after some kind of psychedelic session and I would thus joke that I'd jumped into another universe again.

I do in fact have some interest in this topic but happen to think that the name used in this thread for the phenomenon is utterly dire and should be consigned to the dustbin already. That particular name comes with a lot of baggage and its use propagates an agenda which ties into the worst side of conspiracy theorism.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=93503
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
Hyena
#18 Posted : 5/24/2020 9:25:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
downwardsfromzero wrote:

I do in fact have some interest in this topic but happen to think that the name used in this thread for the phenomenon is utterly dire and should be consigned to the dustbin already. That particular name comes with a lot of baggage and its use propagates an agenda which ties into the worst side of conspiracy theorism.


You mean the Mandela Effect is a bad naming? Totally agreed, but it is what it is. Unfortunately that's the term that gets you most information on the subject, as misleading as it is. But I can respect the disagreement here because I'm on a fence with this myself too.

edit:

I prefer to call it "time shift" or "shift in timeline" in my close circles where everybody is already familiar with the concept.

edit2:

But even that naming is wrong. But what is really going on can't be named very well, so I've sticked with bad terminology. In the end, it doesn't matter much.

What's really going on is that our everyday reality is gradually turning into a dream. This is an ancient Mayan prophecy. If anyone is interested I could share references.
 
RoundAbout
#19 Posted : 5/24/2020 5:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 158
Joined: 19-Nov-2018
Last visit: 03-Jun-2020
dreamer042 wrote:
Looney Toons has always been Looney Toons.

But dreamer... it never was and still isn't. Or was it?!? Wink

dreamer042 wrote:
Flintstones has always been Flintstones.

Yeah, I would think that people who had this one confused didn't know what flint is.

DoingKermit wrote:
I'm thinking Occum's Razor on this one - humans have terrible memories.

Occum's Razor huh... a simple Google search yields 28,500 results confirming people commonly "misspell" it like this. Yet supposedly it is spelt Occam, with alternative spellings of Ockham and Ocham.

Is this a new instance of the Mandela effect, or does that require someone to be stubborn about a random fact that has no impact on their life?

 
Hyena
#20 Posted : 5/24/2020 8:05:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 55
Joined: 28-Apr-2013
Last visit: 25-May-2020
Wait until you're starting to see personal Mandela effects. That's when it really starts to feel weird.

I have witnessed 5 such Mandela effects that are personal to my life.

I have attached a picture of the weirdest one that happened in January this year. I went to visit my parents for the weekend and when I came back and went to my bathroom I was shocked to discover that my water tap now has this weird crooked plastic decoration to it. I've lived here for the past 4 years and I can swear it didn't have that addition. It's such a dumb feature anyway. Why on Earth would anyone add it to the tap? Such bizarre design.
Hyena attached the following image(s):
water-tap.jpg (106kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
 
12NEXT
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.061 seconds.