We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Healthstone with hash oil Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 4/26/2020 9:00:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought a Healthstone spoon last year for smoking dmt. It works well for that application. Not quite as awesome as a gvg but still a very nice pipe for spice. Allows you to vape 40+ mgs in one toke. It has been my secondary pipe, I only use it once in a while. Usually I go for my vapor genie.

Yesterday I cleaned the pipe with isopropyl alcohol (saved to later be put onto changa). I burned the stone for over a minute from all sides with my torch lighter. After the pipe was dry I put the stone back in and loaded some butane hash oil. Hit it with the torch lighter. Holy cow!!! This is a GREAT hash oil pipe. I love it for this. Do any of you have one of these that you use for hash oil?
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200426_142651.jpg (717kb) downloaded 75 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 4/27/2020 2:34:51 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I used the gvg when I first got it for bho while I was outta spice. I prefer that style of vaping for dabs way more than a rig. You can taste it better, you don’t feel like you’re gonna die for 90 seconds after hitting it. My wife suggested since I like it for dab so much to get another gvg. But if I were I would probably go with this setup as it’s a little cheaper.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

monomind
#3 Posted : 4/28/2020 4:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I bought a Healthstone spoon last year for smoking dmt. It works well for that application. Not quite as awesome as a gvg but still a very nice pipe for spice. Allows you to vape 40+ mgs in one toke. It has been my secondary pipe, I only use it once in a while. Usually I go for my vapor genie.

Yesterday I cleaned the pipe with isopropyl alcohol (saved to later be put onto changa). I burned the stone for over a minute from all sides with my torch lighter. After the pipe was dry I put the stone back in and loaded some butane hash oil. Hit it with the torch lighter. Holy cow!!! This is a GREAT hash oil pipe. I love it for this. Do any of you have one of these that you use for hash oil?

I just ordered a healthstone pipe for dmt ( They have a sale going on the website ).
Can you explain how the GVG is better than this ?

Cheers

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 4/29/2020 4:32:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The gvg has a silicone carbide (ceramic) filter/diffuser which goes between the flame and the substance being vaped. Also you can put a healthstone vapor stone in the base of the gvg. With the healthstone pipe you've got just the one stone, the spice (or whatever) goes on that, and you vape it with a torch lighter on the stone. Much like the machine or a glass pipe with Brillo. Just better. They are both great pipes. For dmt I like the gvg moar but have had many amazing breakthrough using my healthstone. Hope you enjoy your new pipe, I love mine.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 4/29/2020 6:35:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quote:
Can you explain how the GVG is better than this ?

So basically the additional filter of the GVG is just a double layer of Health Stones, which the lower one being for your goodies. Or actually I am 99 % sure of it, I guess I read somewhere that the health stone is also Silicium carbide (SiC), which is the same like that GVG filter.

And if you would also want this setup, you could just buy another Health Stone and place it on top of your first one with the Spice.

Voila! It's the same as the GVG. You would have to use something like this to stack both Health Stones:

Amazon Link

The upper one would not sit soooo tight, but that wont matter, as long as you dont take a rip while making a handstand.

I tested it myself with a torch lighter and a heat gun and it works indeed very well. Cannot see any difference if you would use an additional Health Stone at the top as a "Heat Diffuser".

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 4/29/2020 6:43:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser, you were the one who originally brought the healthstone to my attention, when I mentioned in a thread about using a glass pot pipe with a wad of copper scrubbie. I've now got two of them, one in my gvg and this pipe. Thanks for the good advice.
olympus mon wrote:

Brennendes Wasser
#7 Posted : 4/29/2020 7:18:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Cool hope it will turn out good for you. Thumbs up

Now I tossed the idea altogether to use this ways of administration and built something that you can find here.
Even though the Health Stone is a convenient thing (the GVG probably too, its way too costly if you need to ship it to Europe, 200€ with taxes), there was still always the hassle to handle a flame and especially hold it at the correct distance.
With that new construction the whole way of administration is totally fail safe and without the need of any complicated procedure, so actually I have no use for my Health Stones anymore ... maybe I can give them away soon as they are still quite effective!

Tony6Strings
#8 Posted : 5/23/2020 1:02:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update. If you have one of these and are using it as your main oil smoking device, and especially if you are smoking daily, a layer of residue will develop on the top of the stone. It eventually clogs the stone rendering your piece practically unusable. Some sandpaper is useful for taking this layer off and thus fixing the pipe and getting back to your daily toke.
olympus mon wrote: