We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freezing raw phalaris and yield Options

Ferrum
#1 Posted : 5/18/2020 3:12:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I know enzymatic degradation occurs on nn dmt within fresh grass soon after harvest . At least I've read such.

Has anyone ( and I'm sure some one may have analysied a sample ) tried freezing the raw cuttings , then began extraction and isolation , at a later date , after a moderate sample size has been collected ,without showing any reduction in nn dmt overall ?

I'm looking outside this post for answers , however I thought I'd also post to see if anything new has been found up to date on it . Ty

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ferrum
#2 Posted : 5/18/2020 4:24:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Likewise , immediate heating to denature any protein / enzymatic paths maybe ?

enthearch
#3 Posted : 5/20/2020 3:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Following. Would love to know also. I would think a good drying in the oven like the defatting done to acacia would work...?

Chimp Z
#4 Posted : 5/20/2020 6:50:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you harvest Phalaris and freeze it within 1-2 hours after harvest you can still get decent yields.
You can even get decent yields with dried grass..
You'd wanna harvest a few pounds to get enough smokeable product.
For tea, smaller amounts work fine.
Be cautious, good luck.

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 5/20/2020 3:45:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Chimp z, are you saying that drying does not cause a significant decrease in potency?

If not, would a quick oven dry bypass the enzymatic breakdown of tryptamines? Right now the weather itself feels like an oven where I live.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Ferrum
#6 Posted : 5/22/2020 12:33:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ty . Chimp z , this is what I was looking for. Hey dithy , are you dithyramb from the old ayahuasca.com forums?

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 5/23/2020 5:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Ferrum. Yes that's me. Do I know you?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Ferrum
#8 Posted : 5/24/2020 1:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was on there for a long long time as jasonssong . I loved that site but sadly posts started going to zero . I remember your and Druids posts well . Small world . I always liked old crows poetry

dithyramb
#9 Posted : 5/25/2020 7:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey jasonssong! Nice to see you here. The ayahuasca forum had it's days, though I appreciate some parts of whatever droplets that continue.

~ Pablo Amaringo

OmniSlug
#10 Posted : 5/26/2020 1:23:08 AM

"Only when you are nothing can you be everything" Matus

My experience was with dried leaves and it was by far the most intense experience I I've ever had. Didn't even usr all that much,can't remember exactly how much but it wasn't more than a few ounces dried Turkey Red tea taken half an hour after a rue extract.

Ferrum
#11 Posted : 5/26/2020 4:57:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It' sure did , I loved that site . So many fantastic people ready to help and all digging for accurate and precise information about the plants and methods . Truely magical , don't be a stranger if you see me around here , I was really hoping it was you ! And you're right , it is prob overdue I go back and hear a few things too , of only for a little .

on yield I guess I'll freeze for now . I'm thinking the cellular rupturing may be an additional benefit to yield perhaps, if only slightly .

Ferrum
#12 Posted : 5/26/2020 5:05:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OmniSlug wrote:
My experience was with dried leaves and it was by far the most intense experience I I've ever had. Didn't even usr all that much,can't remember exactly how much but it wasn't more than a few ounces dried Turkey Red tea taken half an hour after a rue extract.

Ty. I guess it s maybe negligible then to freeze or not although I'll prob still do one or the other