We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unsure if I need to smoke more or less Options

jdev
#1 Posted : 5/17/2020 7:00:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been trying to break through, I have the glass vapour genie and have used it around 10-15 times. I started low and have worked my way up.

Most of my trips have been more or less the same, I go to this other world, there are creatures all around, morphing and moving and going about their lives, and also complete ego death, I have no awareness of myself or my life or who I am, I'm just part of this new world. I've always thought this to be the "waiting room." And at some point I open my eyes, and that's when I first start to remember who I am and how I got there.

Other times I just black out, and the only thing I remember is going in, and then when I first open my eyes and start to remember who I am.

But the thing is it has nothing to do with dose. On some of the low dose trips i've blacked out. But on some of them I've also gone to this waiting room, so I figured I need to smoke more. Lately I've been doing high dose trips, and been blacking out a lot. I've read smoking too much can cause this. (been loading say 100mg, way more than needed, I know, but I don't clear the pipe, so I don't actually smoke that much and whatever is left is left for next time, basically the advice mentioned here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=37220))

But then other high dose times I go to the waiting room, to which people say you need to smoke more, take a 2nd hit. But I'm telling you this is physically impossible for me. When I take a good first hit I know my entire lung capacity is full of thick vapour. I start by pulling slow, once it's thick, exhale completely, then start taking it in. Often by the time my lungs are just about full I am too disoriented that it is taking every last remainder of my sober mind to remember to hold it in. I don't remember putting the pipe down, nor closing my eyes, nor breathing out (but I know I hold it in long enough bc when I do it around someone else they've told me so).

Anyways, so at this point, I don't know if I need to smoke more or less to find the "sweet spot"? I don't want to waste more on large doses if it's going to continue leading to black outs or waiting rooms. But like I said I worked my way up from 20mg, and had both types of experiences, unrelated to dose. Thoughts?

But actually another thing, writing this out made me realize that I think on my most recent trip today, when I thought I went to the waiting room on a high dose, I don't actually recall anything about it. Usually I remember at least some details about the creatures, so maybe I am just kind fo assuming that's where I went, and all these high dose ones have really just been blackouts?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 5/17/2020 2:20:26 PM

My Personalized Tag

Those trips sound pretty breakthrough-ey to me. I don't know how much more you want to see. My only suggestion is ti give it a rest for a couple months and come back. It will refresh the content of your experiences.

"Breakthrough" is also a pretty vague term. You can travel to another dimension and not make any meaningful realizations, or you can stay totally grounded on a lower dose and have an epiphany. Either way, I think you have to come in with a purpose to really "break through"
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

null24
#3 Posted : 5/17/2020 6:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Try some maoi with your spice at lower doses.
A complete lack of recall seems to indicate doses that are too high.
I'm not even sure what a breakthrough is. My most powerful experiences with DMT may have been what folks call a breakthrough but it's not something I'm keen to repeat. It actually left me with some trauma that had to be worked out.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 5/17/2020 7:43:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

+1 on the maoi. My preparation for vaping dmt almost always includes smoking a rolled cigarette fortified with harmala freebase.

I also have a difficult time remembering some of my experiences. This is not uncommon.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Sunnyside
#5 Posted : 5/17/2020 11:13:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jdev wrote:

... (been loading say 100mg, way more than needed, I know, but I don't clear the pipe, so I don't actually smoke that much and whatever is left is left for next time, basically the advice mentioned here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=37220)) ...

This makes me wonder if you can say for certain how much you are ingesting?

In my experience, very large amounts of DMT can build up in my GVG.

Some of my most powerful (and unexpected) experiences have occurred when I have just 'cleared it out' without loading any spice into it.

Just a thought...
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)