CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Extraction with Acetone Options

Tony6Strings
#21 Posted : 5/14/2020 7:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read in a thread not long ago about a very simple dmt extraction, which consisted of soaking mhrb powder in acetone and then evaporating to yeild crude extract, and then mini A/B on that. I have no idea if it works but it was being discussed.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#22 Posted : 5/16/2020 6:34:48 AM

💖

Chemical expertSenior Member

Showing the phase diagrams for this (at 0C). They show that water saturated with NaOH won't mix with acetone. In unsaturated solutions there is a mix and layers can separate (see tie lines for resulting layer concentrations). Dilute mixes won't separate (bottom right of the diagram on the convex side of the curve).
“... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

Loveall
#23 Posted : 5/26/2020 11:58:41 AM

💖

Any concerns with aldol condensation? Does one need to work quickly, not heat, etc? Or are there simply no issues?
“... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”

Loveall
#24 Posted : 5/28/2020 7:37:17 PM

💖

Loveall wrote:
Any concerns with aldol condensation? Does one need to work quickly, not heat, etc? Or are there simply no issues?

Answering my own question, I did a test for 24 hours using plain water/NaOH/Acetone at room temperature, and saw no signs of change in the acetone layer. Doesn't seem like aldol condensation is a big concern. I used 30 and 40% NaOH water solutions.

However, it does look like a small ammount of water and NaOH can end up in the acetone. I say this because some salt crashed when adding 10% sulfuric drops to the separated acetone layer. This was after starting with 20% NaOH water.

This salt formation was avoided if the acetone is dried over MgSO4 after separation (a good practice on general). I would not skip MgSO4 sulfate drying for acetone pulls.

Interestingly, adding solid NaOH to the separated acetone layer caused a few ml of water to pool at the bottom along with the excess NaOH. The decanted acetone from this step did not produce salts either. I think this is because the addition of the NaOH to the acetone created saturated NaOH water which separates and creates purer acetone. I think this all makes sense after inspecting the ternary triangle above. One can suck up this small water layer at the bottom (add it back to the base water) and then proceed to add MgSO4 (less is needed this way).

Cheers.

acacian
#25 Posted : 5/29/2020 2:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is really game changer for me Benzyme.. thanks so much for your contributions! Acetone certainly seems to absorb DMT with more ease than most of the common solvents used for extraction so I'm sure this will make life easier for a lot of people. As far as I have noticed most even complex acacia extracts seem highly soluble in acetone and being so volatile makes it much more desirable than solvents like toluene or xylene for me.

Hope all you guys are well.. Smile

PREV12