We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intro essay. My current entheo garden projects. Options

OuraniiAphroditi
#1 Posted : 5/15/2020 5:39:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been a long time Entheogen enthusiast. I used to spend a lot of time on these forums learning close to a decade ago. Since I took a long hiatus from any entheogenic experiences but lately I have had a call back to the spirit of it all. My current project is rooting some San Pedros which is a pretty simple task I have done many times. I am pretty sure they are PC which is fine with me. I also have some Peruvianus seeds I haven’t started yet but it is next on my list!

What I am working on now is I have just received two Chacruna seedings with roots and two Ayahuasca vine cuttings with no roots, the yellow strain.

I put the seedlings in a 1-1-1 mix of vermiculite, perlite, and potting soil. The Caapi cuttings I just put in a jar of water. I am currently trying to decide if I should brave the world and get some rooting hormone or chance the vine cuttings on rooting in water alone which I have heard is totally doable.I think some rooting hormone would be helpful. I probably need some fertilizer too anyway and a couple extra pots. I was thinking liquid kelp or seaweed which is what I tend to use on everything and it seems to work good. Maybe I am oversimplifying but I hope my little projects are successful!
Well any advice is appreciated!
Thanks so much for making this place awesome!
OuraniiAphroditi attached the following image(s):
IMG_9764.jpg (1,846kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
IMG_9763.jpg (2,187kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
IMG_9562(1)ready.gif (1,414kb) downloaded 131 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

thevoluntaryway
#2 Posted : 5/17/2020 12:23:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm also quite new to all of this and I don't have any garden of my own but bear in mind that places like the Amazon have a lot of the nutrition washed out of the soil so just be careful with over-fertilizing those cuttings. Also, and I'm sure you will have heard of this, honey is supposed to have some mild rooting properties... All the best!

Ferrum
#3 Posted : 5/17/2020 1:00:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those caapis are getting dehydrated . Put them in humidity tent or zip lock bags immediately . I have 25 years of caapi growing experience just in case .

Do the same with the others . They have a higher metabolism in a humid .....80 percent or higher ...,,environment . Caapi will send out roots at the axil nodes around the internode area . You don't need hormones or soil till you see roots . I often just curl them up in a zip lock bag , about a foot or two long , mist a heavy mist onto them and close the bag and set in a sunny window of about three to four hours of direct sunlight . Some large leaves will fall off. I open it up and take them out so rot doesn't set , then close again and after a couple weeks roots will begin to show. Sometimes I get three or four clones from one two or three foot cutting that way .

Once you see roots trim the bottom of the stems , by putting the roots in soil. water the soil, and put it right back into a humidity bag or tent at 80 percent humidity or even higher .after a few weeks of this high humidity treatment then you can try to move them outside I typically put mine outside during a decent rain storm . And in mostly shade until they adjust

After that it's just a matter of a watering every so often when it gets dry .

Best of luck . You can message me any questions I'm a bit of a master gardener of ethnobotanicals for two decades plus .

Obviously the trichs don't need humidity , they will be fine, but not too much sun or they will burn and obviously sandy soil as you prob know

OuraniiAphroditi
#4 Posted : 5/18/2020 12:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank for the advice!

I put a little rooting hormone on bases of the caapi yesterday already.
I just put ziplock bags on top of them now and they are in dark pots with a mix of verm, perlite, and soil, so seeing root growth will be impossible.

The Chacruna look quite healthy. The leaves on the caapi are drying up but still have some green branching. The vendor said the leaves may fall off but that they should root just sticking them in soil then grow new leaves.

We shall see,
Hopefully they pull on through.

Ferrum
#5 Posted : 5/19/2020 9:27:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chacruna doesn't rebound as fast as caapi . If you start loosing leaves I'd put a plastic or glass chamber of some kind over them and mist inside of it until they are stable . Root hormone is pretty good for caapi , but remember most of the roots will appear near the nodes , so it's best to apply it there .

I wouldn't worry about seeing root growth if they stay green and leafy etc. once you start getting new growth it's a good sign they are rooting . I'd keep the cuttings in a humid environment with soil no less than 3 months , possible 4 . By then they will be well rooted and will be able to take copious amounts of water in a less than humid setting .

If they die pm me and I'll send you some cuttings that are rooted I'm a bit of a caapi collector and I always root 20 or 30 or so a year .

OuraniiAphroditi
#6 Posted : 5/22/2020 5:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey that's very kind thank you!
So far they seem to be alive still.
Will update!

Anonymous2
#7 Posted : 5/22/2020 8:58:41 PM
The more you know

Ferrum, thanks for the amazing advice.

I have no caapi but Nexus, DW02, DW08, and DW10. Should I buy them a humidity tent?

How about led lights and/or direct sunlight?

Ferrum
#8 Posted : 5/24/2020 4:34:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you live in a humid area and they outdoors and they are stable atm , no.

If they are indoors and under lights , sure they will leaf faster .

Anytime you increase humidy without leaving their feet wet all the time so to speak, metabolism will increase ,More leaf. But I tend to let nature direct them if they're outdoors with good protection .

My viridis likes dappled sunlight throughout the day mostly .under lights , they're ok with it but the natural light cycle they surely prefer over a long enough timeline . Good luck

Anonymous2
#9 Posted : 6/18/2020 4:28:00 PM
The more you know

Ferrum wrote:
If you live in a humid area and they outdoors and they are stable atm , no.

If they are indoors and under lights , sure they will leaf faster .

Anytime you increase humidy without leaving their feet wet all the time so to speak, metabolism will increase ,More leaf. But I tend to let nature direct them if they're outdoors with good protection .

My viridis likes dappled sunlight throughout the day mostly .under lights , they're ok with it but the natural light cycle they surely prefer over a long enough timeline . Good luck

Thank you. I’ll get the indoor greenhouse in the new apartment.