We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
SARS-CoV-2 Sequences Options

dreamer042
#21 Posted : 4/22/2020 12:41:59 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

This all strikes me as very odd.

That quip was first announced here on Nexus (and I assume the in sources it references as well) on April 1. Confused

All basic information is suspiciously absent (ie. which psychedelic(s), what type of cell(s), what conditions, etc, etc, etc)

Right now everything to do with SARS-CoV-2 is being openly shared, all the preprints are being made available immediately, prior to peer review, as the global research community strives to understand this thing. Why is this one in particular being held back?

Where is the data? Stop
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#22 Posted : 4/22/2020 2:36:49 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Maybe they were just experimenting in the lab without intending to publish? It definitely isn't an april fools joke though and for sure originated from Nichols own FB page. But the vagueness is unfortunate and confusing

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Spiralout
#23 Posted : 4/22/2020 4:10:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has any other info about Nichols statements popped up?

As far as the ACE2 recepetors.. After watching the video Trav posted ( that youtube channel is actually a boon full of information) and watching Rhonda Patricks Q & A on the virus; it definitely does not seem like having less ace2 receptors is necessarily good; it actually is the opposite from what I understand. Apparently women tend to have more ace2 receptors then men, and though this isn't the proven mechanism for this, women have had less of a severe time of the virus then men have.. Rhonda also points out the elevated melanin levels in African Americans may account for lower vitamin D levels and thus elevated predisposition to extreme pathological symptoms of the virus.

I do believe I have contracted the illness. I am now upping my quercetin dose to 2-3 times a day (~500mg X 2-3) and oral zinc lozenges (45-90mg a day) and just took my first serving of broccoli sprouts. I have also upped my nightly melatonin dose (not measured). I am not sure if now is the right time for the additional broccoli sprouts or the extra melatonin, since that would seem to be indicated further along in the progression if thing were to get worse indicating a "cytokine storm", but the melatonin is helping me fall asleep; which has been difficult due to anxiety and a bit of lung congestion. I also took some oral cannabis, 2 nights in a row, and each of these times felt acutely worse. The first time I took it it actually alerted me to the fact that something was not right. I will not take any more cannabis until things are definitely back to normal.

Edit: Very interesting what you posted Loveall: the preprint from china suggesting different phytochemicals as intervention . If this worked out to be what it sounds like; then maybe curcumin and quercetin would be sufficient interventions (to some degree.) Curcumin interfering with the binding to the ace2 receptors and quercetin interfering with the actual integration into the cell.

Loveall
#24 Posted : 4/22/2020 3:19:28 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I hope you have a quick recovery Spiralout.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#25 Posted : 4/24/2020 7:26:04 AM

❤️‍🔥

New study finds more natural phytochemicals with molecular docking (based on software simulations) relevant to COVID-19 research:

- Limonin: Found in citrus, including the seeds of lemons and oranges. Tops the molecular docking profile list and has shown promise in other unrelated viruses.
- Ellagic acid: raw chestnuts, walnuts, pecans, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries (also mentioned before), and grapes, as well as distilled beverages. It is also found in peaches and pomegranates. Also in black hoof mushroom.
- Baicalin: Found in Skullcap. I grow this medicinal herb in my garden 🥰

That's the top 3, full list in the attached paper. This is not proof of therapeutic efficacy (which could be none) and it only indicates potential to disrupt molecular docking. My personal takeaway is to simply eat healthy, but I may be swallowing the orange seeds now 😅, and definetly gonna have more skullcap tea (it is great before bed).

Paper title: "Searching inhibitors for three important proteins of COVID-19 through molecular docking studies"

Edit: Adding small snippet from abstract

Seshu Vardhan, Suban K Sahoo wrote:
Combining the dock score and other medicinal properties, we believe the limonin can be further explored for potential use against COVID-19.

Loveall
#26 Posted : 4/24/2020 3:34:45 PM

❤️‍🔥

Attaching a paper discussing limonin extraction. Starting with seeds, I'm going to guess you can do a water wash, then extract with alkaline water, acidify to induce precipitation, decant, and do a final water wash.

I'll report back if I ever test this out. Usually things are not so simple and hardly ever work the first time around 😉

Even if it does nothing for COVID-19, limonin itself seems like a very interesting natural compound and I'm interested in it now. Fun fact, it is in the same chemical family as salvinorin A (furanolactones)🤩

nen888
#27 Posted : 4/27/2020 2:25:19 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

dreamer042 wrote:
Quote:
Where is the data? Stop
..with a few weeks having passed and no further information, i think the lack of sharing further by Nichols is troubling indeed..

thanks Loveall for the flow of data..

Camellia sinensis (Tannic acid, theaflavin3-gallate) was found effective against Coronavirus, SARS and RV
[Chen et Al (2005) Inhibition of SARS-CoV 3C-like protease activity by theaflavin-3,3-digallate (TF3). Evidence Based Complementary and Alterna-
tive Medicine 2, 209-215]..whether this test has been applied to covid-19 i don't know..
(similar flavonols in acacias in much larger amounts need investigating)

.. so, i've been drinking a lot of cups of tea..but i always have anywaySmile

Loveall
#28 Posted : 4/27/2020 7:45:47 PM

❤️‍🔥

Hearing through the grapevine that leronlimab results are coming out very soon and may be good 🤞

Will update as I hear more.

Jonabark
#29 Posted : 4/29/2020 4:14:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea of veracity? Basically it says one of the 2 nobel laureates who identified HIV says coronavirus was made in a lab and has components from HIV that are not from nature.

https://www.dr-rath-foun...7IMaaxsMDtlhokdRntwOUzoc

I read an article a few weeks back from Delhi that is cited in this article suggesting the virus is man-made. I emailed the author of that Indian research paper but no reply. If Sars 2 was made in bio-weapons research and has parts from HIV it may not produce effective antibodies. ? Bad news.

A bio weapons research lab in Fort Derrick MD was shut down last year because of unsafe containment protocols.

endlessness
#30 Posted : 4/29/2020 3:55:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This nobel guy has been known to make controversial claims. That wouldn't be an issue if he at least brought forward the evidence and submitted it for peer review but he didn't.. So far he just made claims.

His mathematician friend that worked with him for his claims uses what seems like pseudoscience in a pretty awfully edited non peer reviewed article to explain why he thinks its a synthetic virus.

There are better peer-reviewed articles so far that coincide with it being of natural origin (source ) , and give good solid reasoning why.

If evidence would eventually show ddifferent, science will simply have to accept it, but so far evidence seems to point pretty clearly to it being of natural origin.

universecannon
#31 Posted : 4/29/2020 6:26:13 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Not to stoke the paranoid flames of the conspiratal fire, since it was probably of natural origin, but i think there is also the possibility that it had been discovered in nature and was being studied at the lab before it accidentally leaked out into the public

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dragonrider
#32 Posted : 4/29/2020 7:17:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
This nobel guy has been known to make controversial claims. That wouldn't be an issue if he at least brought forward the evidence and submitted it for peer review but he didn't.. So far he just made claims.

His mathematician friend that worked with him for his claims uses what seems like pseudoscience in a pretty awfully edited non peer reviewed article to explain why he thinks its a synthetic virus.

There are better peer-reviewed articles so far that coincide with it being of natural origin (source ) , and give good solid reasoning why.

If evidence would eventually show ddifferent, science will simply have to accept it, but so far evidence seems to point pretty clearly to it being of natural origin.

I also found his claims pretty dodgy. But this guy, luc montagnier, is not just some joe average who knows shit about virusses.

I would like to hear the comments of other virologists, on his claims that covid-19 contains DNA from the HIV virus and the malaria parasite.

Especially the fact that the plasmodium parasite is not even a virus, makes it seem very strange.

But virusses are remarkable little machines.

Jonabark
#33 Posted : 4/29/2020 9:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have read several articles claiming scientific agreement that the virus is of natural, zoonotic origin. There really aren't many, most simply assume this from previous Sars research. The support of this idea could be the natural result of political self protection in my opinion. And for the most part the language always uses words like probable, or likely. Both the Indian paper, now withdrawn, ( why?) and this nobel scientist used more emphatic language and seem more sure of their claims of expert human manipulation.

Below are the 2 relevant passages dragon rider posted as a peer reviewed claims of natural origin. I have to say this reasoning is not that persuasive to me. He seems to be saying that because the efficacy of the binding mechanism is not perfect it must be natural. Really? I just would really like to see a civil dialog between these differing claimants that focuses on the details of disagreement. It's Also odd that no animal hosts have been found.

While the analyses above suggest that SARS-CoV-2 may bind human ACE2 with high affinity, computational analyses predict that the interaction is not ideal and that the RBD sequence is different from those shown in SARS-CoV to be optimal for receptor binding. Thus, the high-affinity binding of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein to human ACE2 is most likely the result of natural selection on a human or human-like ACE2 that permits another optimal binding solution to arise. This is strong evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not the product of purposeful manipulation.

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone.

dragonrider
#34 Posted : 4/29/2020 10:25:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jonabark wrote:
I have read several articles claiming scientific agreement that the virus is of natural, zoonotic origin. There really aren't many, most simply assume this from previous Sars research. The support of this idea could be the natural result of political self protection in my opinion. And for the most part the language always uses words like probable, or likely. Both the Indian paper, now withdrawn, ( why?) and this nobel scientist used more emphatic language and seem more sure of their claims of expert human manipulation.

Below are the 2 relevant passages dragon rider posted as a peer reviewed claims of natural origin. I have to say this reasoning is not that persuasive to me. He seems to be saying that because the efficacy of the binding mechanism is not perfect it must be natural. Really? I just would really like to see a civil dialog between these differing claimants that focuses on the details of disagreement. It's Also odd that no animal hosts have been found.

While the analyses above suggest that SARS-CoV-2 may bind human ACE2 with high affinity, computational analyses predict that the interaction is not ideal and that the RBD sequence is different from those shown in SARS-CoV to be optimal for receptor binding. Thus, the high-affinity binding of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein to human ACE2 is most likely the result of natural selection on a human or human-like ACE2 that permits another optimal binding solution to arise. This is strong evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not the product of purposeful manipulation.

It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone.

I didn't post these links though.

Jonabark
#35 Posted : 5/3/2020 5:29:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry dragonrider. That was sloppy. It was endlessness that posted that link.

Spiralout
#36 Posted : 5/3/2020 9:41:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regardless of who posted the links, I agree with you wholeheartedly Jonabark. It would indeed be nice, and useful, to see a reasonable, rational dialogue between these parties. I am very fed up and tired with all of the polarizing and politicization of this whole thing ( and everything else in the world these days pretty much; but this especially for obvious reasons). There has indeed been much open information, and much more sharing and working together, on many levels, but the polarization that does occur is ridiculous. There should be different points of view, obviously, those are needed, but we need to see critical, rational, debates and talks amongst people.

All of that being said, I'm only interested in the epidemiolgy insofar as it may lead to a better understanding of the virus; not to lay this at the feet of any entity. Regardless of wheteher or not that was the case, many countries are doing this type of resesarch, and it could, hypothetically, have happened anywhere. So, regardless of the origns of this ( I suspect, as I believe Uni mentioned, that it may have been a naturally found virus that was taken into a lab; this is just my own speculation though), it would be nice if we could start acting together as a planet, not against eachother, not making weapons to use or to threaten eachother with.

Loveall; what about just eating the lemon seeds? There aren't any detrimental compounds in them; or are there? It seems like unnecessary work and resources to go through an extraction. Anyways; that is interesting.

I wanted to mention again, as I did in the other thread that I started, that there has been some evidence that HCC and related compounds may be more detrimental than benefial:

https://jamanetwork.com/...open/fullarticle/2765500

I assume this is due to the cardiovascular side effects? Obviously we do not know yet, but I would imagine that is what it is. If them being a zinc ionophore was beneficial then maybe some of these phytochemical zinc ionophores may prove to be more advantageous. They would be more accessible for sure, and ostensibly, have a higher safety profile.

Jagube
#37 Posted : 5/4/2020 10:56:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I came across this article that discusses drugs that target sigma-1 and sigma-2 receptors:
We found and tested 47 old drugs that might treat the coronavirus: Results show promising leads and a whole new way to fight COVID-19

Apparently some sigma-antagonizing antipsychotics show antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2.
On the other hand, DXM, a sigma-1 agonist, helps the virus replicate.

Quote:
Our original map identified two promising MV cell receptors for drug treatments, SigmaR1 and SigmaR2. Testing confirmed our suspicions.

We identified seven drugs or molecules that interact with these receptors. Two antipsychotics, haloperidol and melperone, which are used to treat schizophrenia, showed antiviral activity against SARS-CoV-2. Two potent antihistamines, clemastine and cloperastine, also displayed antiviral activity, as did the compound PB28 and the female hormone progesterone.

Remember, all these interactions have so far only been observed in monkey cells in petri dishes.

At this time we do not know exactly how the viral proteins manipulate the SigmaR1 and SigmaR2 receptors. We think the virus uses these receptors to help make copies of itself, so decreasing their activity likely inhibits replication and reduces infection.

Interestingly, a seventh compound – an ingredient commonly found in cough suppressants, called dextromethorphan – does the opposite: Its presence helps the virus. When our partners tested infected cells with this compound, the virus was able to replicate more easily, and more cells died.

Now, DMT is a sigma-1 agonist too. What shall we make of this?

nen888
#38 Posted : 5/4/2020 2:28:25 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Jagube wrote:
Quote:
Now, DMT is a sigma-1 agonist too. What shall we make of this?

..DXM is also an NMDA antagonist..and DMT also has 5HT activity..we can't attribute either molecule to a singular receptor action (in overall action).. certainly the effect of DXM and DMT in the human subject are quite different..so I don't think we can draw a much of a conclusion on this..just as limiting bioactive molecules actions to single receptors we also have to be cautious trying to draw a conclusion from a single molecule to a plant which contains it..there's just so much multiple activity going on..

interesting paper though thanks Jagube..

Jagube
#39 Posted : 5/8/2020 11:37:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And what about this:
Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher

Quote:
Cannabis extracts are showing potential in making people more resistant to the novel coronavirus, says an Alberta researcher leading a study.

After sifting through 400 cannabis strains, researchers at the University of Lethbridge are concentrating on about a dozen that show promising results in ensuring less fertile ground for the potentially lethal virus to take root, said biological scientist Dr. Igor Kovalchuk. [..]

“A number of them have reduced the number of these (virus) receptors by 73 per cent, the chance of it getting in is much lower,” said Kovalchuk.

“If they can reduce the number of receptors, there’s much less chance of getting infected.” [..]

“It will take a long time to find what the active ingredient is — there may be many,” said Kovalchuk, whose Pathway RX is owned partly by Olds-based licensed cannabis producer Sundial Growers and partnered with Alberta cannabis researcher Swysh.

But it’s generally the anti-inflammatory properties of high-CBD content that have shown most promise, he added.

I reckon that's not consistent with the anecdotal reports posted by some Nexians.

dragonrider
#40 Posted : 5/9/2020 12:01:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
And what about this:
Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher

Quote:
Cannabis extracts are showing potential in making people more resistant to the novel coronavirus, says an Alberta researcher leading a study.

After sifting through 400 cannabis strains, researchers at the University of Lethbridge are concentrating on about a dozen that show promising results in ensuring less fertile ground for the potentially lethal virus to take root, said biological scientist Dr. Igor Kovalchuk. [..]

“A number of them have reduced the number of these (virus) receptors by 73 per cent, the chance of it getting in is much lower,” said Kovalchuk.

“If they can reduce the number of receptors, there’s much less chance of getting infected.” [..]

“It will take a long time to find what the active ingredient is — there may be many,” said Kovalchuk, whose Pathway RX is owned partly by Olds-based licensed cannabis producer Sundial Growers and partnered with Alberta cannabis researcher Swysh.

But it’s generally the anti-inflammatory properties of high-CBD content that have shown most promise, he added.

I reckon that's not consistent with the anecdotal reports posted by some Nexians.

Well, CBD in some fields, has the exact opposite effects THC has. For instance on glaucoma, the effects of THC are beneficial, while CBD only worsens the condition.

PREV12