We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaping 5MeO Options

Andrés501
#1 Posted : 5/3/2020 1:21:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear brethren, does any of you know about any good vaporizer that I could use for 5MeO DMT? I don't want to use a GVG or a meth pipe, the reason being that I don't want to waste any 5MeO, and I'm afraid that I would ruin it if I tried to light it myself, that's why I want the process to be as "automatic" as possible. But I am also concerned that once I get a vaporizer, its maximum temperature wouldn't be high enough to realease 5MeO's full potential. I guess that some of you have already tried to use a vaporizer. Has any of you, which have attempted to do so, have had some sort of beholding the Infinite type of experience? From what I've found out so far, the temperature required to smoke 5MeO DMT is much higher than for N,N DMT, even though there is still no consensus as to what really is the appropriate temperature.

Best regard to you all!Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 5/3/2020 12:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I guess the vaporization temperature would be somehow between 220 - 260 °C, so I guess regular E-Mesh vaporizers would indeed vaporize it. But then you would have to juggle around with Watts if you cannot set the temperature directly (no idea about these devices, so maybe do a quick search about regular temperature ranges).

Bufotenin (which is the H-O-DMT Variant of the CH3-O-DMT (5-MeO) has a MUCH higher boiling point as 5-MeO on the other hand and it is depicted in Wikipedia as 320 °C. Still, I think this value was retrieved by calculations and is not a real measurement. But then IF this value would be correct, then 5-MeO will definetly vaporize at 270 °C or lower, more certainly close to regular DMT.

You could also built this thing, I never tried it with 5-MeO, but in theory it must also be perfect for it. Just adjust the distance of the tealight to the Quarz Bucket, which would be 1 - 1,5 cm less (to heat it up higher) than the one in the pictures. Maybe one day I may try it out and then I may tell myself if it works for this.

Andrés501
#3 Posted : 5/3/2020 6:39:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

sbios
#4 Posted : 5/6/2020 6:25:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are sources indicate 5meo will vaporize less than 270c and based on my limited experience so far, yes it does vape at lower temp around 180c. Most vape devices will be able to achieve these temp range no problem. And I also prefer to keep the temp as low as possible.

Andrés501
#5 Posted : 5/6/2020 6:44:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, sbios, I really appreciate your feedback. I really do. 👍🏻

Brennendes Wasser
#6 Posted : 5/6/2020 11:11:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

In the future I want to lend an IR-remote-Thermometer (can be lend out for few โ‚ฌ per day on several pages online) and then check the vaporization temperatures of DMT, 5-OH-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT.

But first I have to get my hands on 5-MeO ... maybe someone could do it, that has already this compound at home.

I placed DMT once on a hotplate, that could be precisely adjusted in temperature and even at 160 °C there was only weak vapor formation, indicating that the real vaporization temp is not 150 - 160 °C, but more 160 - 170 °C. So also for this one a IR-Thermometer would be needed or a higher-heating precise hotplate

RoundAbout
#7 Posted : 5/8/2020 10:52:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Bufotenin (which is the H-O-DMT Variant of the CH3-O-DMT (5-MeO) has a MUCH higher boiling point as 5-MeO on the other hand and it is depicted in Wikipedia as 320 °C. Still, I think this value was retrieved by calculations and is not a real measurement. But then IF this value would be correct, then 5-MeO will definetly vaporize at 270 °C or lower, more certainly close to regular DMT.

320°C is the measured boiling point at 0.1 Torr, so really not relevant other than an indication that it decomposes at much lower temperatures than its boiling point at atmospheric pressure.

Ref. here: https://books.google.ca/books?id=RTCDsHbLH2gC&pg=PA43&lpg=PA42&ots=qUq8YFhUVW&focus=viewport&dq=bufotenine+boiling+point