We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharma company develops LSD neutralizer Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/23/2020 2:22:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
NEW YORK, April 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Mind Medicine (MindMed) Inc. (NEO: MMED) (OTCQB: MMEDF), in collaboration with University Hospital Basel's Liechti Laboratory, has discovered and filed a patent application in the United States (preserving all worldwide rights) for a neutralizer technology intended to shorten and stop the effects of an LSD trip during a therapy session. This discovery, when further developed, may act as the 'off-switch' to an LSD trip.

https://www.prnewswire.c...lsd-trips-301044721.html

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#2 Posted : 4/23/2020 3:11:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ha ha they can't figure out how to cash in on classic psychedelics, so they are cashing in on novel anti-psychedelics!Razz
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Ferrum
#3 Posted : 4/25/2020 12:12:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's nice for a bad trip. It's always a hard time when you or your friend is having a bad moment and you can't help them out of it . I'd love to see the biochemistry behind its mechanics

SynKyd
#4 Posted : 4/25/2020 12:34:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Xanax can do in a pinch I’ve heard, helped a guy I know out at a show quite remarkably!
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

King Tryptamine
#5 Posted : 4/25/2020 9:58:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah SynKyd IME benzodiazapines such as alprazolam and valium virtually eliminated all anxiety experienced from the LSD when I took it, to a point where I could casually walk down my street smoking a joint and not having to worry about people or the police stopping me whilst still tripping. It does drastically lower your inhibitions though so take into consideration that side effect before trying it out to blunt out your negative trip.

If I'm not mistaken they're also used to calm-sedate people who are extremely agitated or undergoing stimulant psychosis on drugs like cocaine and amphetamine.Thumbs up

SynKyd
#6 Posted : 4/26/2020 12:02:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve always been a “buy the ticket, take the ride” type myself, but I am toning back the dosage in my old age.......Confused
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Eaglepath
#7 Posted : 5/7/2020 3:24:01 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Oh noo this shit will be in the chemtrails!!!!Surprised Crying or very sad
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Jees
#8 Posted : 5/7/2020 3:33:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
Oh noo this shit will be in the chemtrails!!!!Surprised Crying or very sad
Or they put a boatload of lsd in the chemtrails to sell their 'solution' for having some hours off the trip Big grin

VibeSurfer
#9 Posted : 5/7/2020 7:01:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a bunch of nerds
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

potnoble
#10 Posted : 5/22/2020 4:59:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So of course i am totally against abusing this.

But imagine dropping 10 hits of acid before lunch break at work.

Then end the trip and go back to work.

you might look a little reborn though. Shocked

But i would never do this. I swear Cool
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 5/22/2020 7:55:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Funny this got bumped today, I was just looking at David Nichols' 2016 review article which mentions M100907 ((R)-(+)-a-(2,3-dimethoxyphenyl)-1-[2-(4-fluorophenyl)ethyl]-4-pip[er]idinemethanol), a highly potent and selective 5HT-2a antagonist which "completely blocked the
stimulus effect of locally infused LSD".

The Liechti university guys certainly will have read that (and the original research), of course. It's interesting how thinking of using such a compound as an 'off switch', and actually go to the patent office with the idea are very separate things.

I'm wondering how far into the experience this antidote still works. There's so often a point in the LSD trips where one starts to get 'saddle sore' and simply waits for the journey to end. I'd say that's more than 3 hours into the experience, though - they're clearly just trying to reduce the payroll for the therapists.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli