We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
In quarantine/lock down Movie/TV thread Options

null24
#61 Posted : 5/4/2020 12:40:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You probably have to be a really screwed up, dorky and neurotic person of the male gender to really appreciate it, but I'm binging some Evangelion. Man, I love this show.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#62 Posted : 5/4/2020 5:14:07 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Westworld
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

donfoolio
#63 Posted : 5/4/2020 7:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
I can't believe no one has suggested Climax yet.

I'm not always a fan, but it's pretty groovy.

Haha, I watched this movie some time ago with my girlfriend. She said: "Ah, let's watch a movie where a friend of mine is playing a role. It's about dancing."

I (after started watching): "WTF?"

I've watched some of the recommandations here, thanks. Especially "Ex Machina" was damn good - love those huis-clos movies. One of my favorite ones in general is "Samsara". Pretty good to watch on a psychedelic drug.
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

VibeSurfer
#64 Posted : 5/4/2020 9:11:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been watching Silicon Valley and The Last Dance on Hulu. Both are very good!
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

Duncan Disorderly
#65 Posted : 5/6/2020 1:15:52 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Twelfth Night. The entire all-male cast is brilliant. It gives you a sense of how the play was originally performed since women were not allowed to take the stage in Shakespeare's time. Mark Rylance is my favourite as, Olivia.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

hug46
#66 Posted : 5/9/2020 8:57:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I'm amazed people find the time to watch movies! I've spent most of my time gardening and doing DIY.

In keeping with the season, how about The Wicker Man?

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi838205721

Yes i have been doing a bit of DIY. Watching telly is just another string to my bow. I remember watching the Wickerman when i was young and felt very sorry for Edward Woodward. Then i watched again when i was older and thought that it was a fitting end for him. I wonder if i will feel the same way for the poor unfortunates in Midsommer if i watch it again in a few years time.

i am currently watching a series called DEVS. It is written by Alex Garland who did ex machina and is about quantum computers, simulations and cause and effect. I have often found the characters in Garlands films a bit glacial and unrelatable but am quite enjoying this series.

dragonrider
#67 Posted : 5/9/2020 9:38:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always loved the "buffy the vampire slayer" series. I found it incredibly funny how everything was always over the top freudian, like witchcraft being about female sexuality, highschool literally being the gateway to hell, and vampires, werewolves and demons always symbolising lust, desire, sexual attraction, etc.

Everything looking fake as shit only contributed to how funny it actually was. It was probably done on purpose that way.

soul-explorer
#68 Posted : 5/12/2020 2:08:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Netflix just released this

Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics (2020)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12133722/

Have yet to watch Smile

Tony6Strings
#69 Posted : 5/12/2020 2:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rick and Morty!!! I just binged all four seasons, I am current. Wish I had inter-dimensional cable!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#70 Posted : 5/12/2020 3:30:52 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Where did you catch season 4? I’m trying hold off renting it.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

null24
#71 Posted : 6/7/2020 1:43:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh. My. God.

Blood Machines.

If some seriously acid soaked visuals in a 70's Metal Hurlant King Crimson sci-fi fever dream sounds appealing, then you might like this one. It's on Shudder, the horror-themed subscription channel, but it's worth the $8/month fee. I'm not sure why the credits seem to keep happening over and over but that's a mild distraction.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bill Cipher
#72 Posted : 6/7/2020 6:46:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Oh. My. God.

Blood Machines.

If some seriously acid soaked visuals in a 70's Metal Hurlant King Crimson sci-fi fever dream skills appealing, then you might like this one. It's on Shudder, the horror-themed subscription channel, but it's worth the $8/month fee. I'm not sure why the credits seem to keep happening over and over but that's a mild distraction.

Just watched it a couple of days ago. Loved it. That dude is not so much of a story teller, but boy can he spin some amazing visual effects and art direction, and on a ridiculously minuscule budget. Check out his Turbo Killer video as well on YouTube.

Also just watched Mandy and Revenge on Shudder (and even hit me some changa during the final scene of Mandy). Good clean fun.

acacian
#73 Posted : 6/7/2020 9:09:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First season of True Detective is one of my all time favs... literally watched it about 5 or 6 times and I still find more depth to it each time. Is about a couple polar opposite detectives investigating a series of murders with strong "satanic" implications.. its set in Louisiana and really captures the vibe of the area really well. There is something awesomely creepy about the whole show..

Dark .. which can be found on netflix I really enjoyed I strongly recommend checking it out! It is intoxicating... theres just something about the vibe that to me was really profound. Don't watch the overdubbed version.. it sucks.

Rectify is really beautiful.. is about a guy who spent like 20 years on death row the the rape and murder of his girlfriend.. and was later exonerated due to DNA evidence proving his innocence. Its all about his adjustment to the outside world after being away in isolation for such a long time..

null24
#74 Posted : 6/7/2020 5:59:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
null24 wrote:
Oh. My. God.

Blood Machines.

If some seriously acid soaked visuals in a 70's Metal Hurlant King Crimson sci-fi fever dream skills appealing, then you might like this one. It's on Shudder, the horror-themed subscription channel, but it's worth the $8/month fee. I'm not sure why the credits seem to keep happening over and over but that's a mild distraction.

Just watched it a couple of days ago. Loved it. That dude is not so much of a story teller, but boy can he spin some amazing visual effects and art direction, and on a ridiculously minuscule budget. Check out his Turbo Killer video as well on YouTube.

Also just watched Mandy and Revenge on Shudder (and even hit me some changa during the final scene of Mandy). Good clean fun.

Sweet, I'll have to check that out. This production team is a new discovery for me. You can tell it's low budget, but what they've done with that is amazing. Often cgi just leaves me cold, but not this. I look forward to seeing more, thanks for the recommendation.

I'm increasingly falling in love with all these red/purple color scheme movies.

I've re watched Mandy more than I've rewatched hereditary. Those two movies rekindled my love for strange horror and are two of the best genre-reworkings I've seen in a long time.

Staying in the theme of movies with 'blood' in the title, i can recommend Blood Quantum, another shudder exclusive, which is a really well made, well told, fast paced zombie movie that deals with the ghosts of colonialism in an interesting way.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bill Cipher
#75 Posted : 6/7/2020 11:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Sweet, I'll have to check that out. This production team is a new discovery for me. You can tell it's low budget, but what they've done with that is amazing. Often cgi just leaves me cold, but not this. I look forward to seeing more, thanks for the recommendation.

I'm increasingly falling in love with all these red/purple color scheme movies.

It's super low budget. Most of the money was raised on Kickstarter. He's got a really unique design language. There's not really a lot there in terms of narrative story telling, but I'm definitely a fan and look forward to seeing whatever he comes up with next.

Regarding the crazy color scheme movies, I'm sure you've seen Mad Max: Fury Road, yeah? Or how about Valhalla Rising? Or Beyond the Black Rainbow (by the same director of Mandy)? I love me some super saturated production design.

I would also recommend from the strange international horror genre, Audition, Martyrs (the original French version), Funny Games (the original German version) and Baskin, just off the top of my head.

null24
#76 Posted : 6/8/2020 3:05:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been wanting to see Baskin but couldn't find asubtitled version until last night. It lives up to the hype. I would've edited a scene or two at the end to be more impactful, and a little more character exposition would be nice, but it's a crazy movie. Thanks for the suggestions Bill.

It's probably the closest thing the horror of benzodiazepene withdrawal trip on film. Scary.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bill Cipher
#77 Posted : 6/9/2020 8:17:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I have been wanting to see Baskin but couldn't find asubtitled version until last night. It lives up to the hype. I would've edited a scene or two at the end to be more impactful, and a little more character exposition would be nice, but it's a crazy movie. Thanks for the suggestions Bill.

It's probably the closest thing the horror of benzodiazepene withdrawal trip on film. Scary.

That last scene with the Father character, huh? I read that guy had never acted before.

Have you ever seen Martyrs? That is a must see for the connoisseur of fucked up international cinema.

Also highly recommend Come and See, if you’ve never seen that. And The Piano Teacher. And I haven’t been able to locate a subtitled version of The Painted Bird yet, but that also looks to be juicy.

hug46
#78 Posted : 6/9/2020 12:04:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:

Have you ever seen Martyrs? That is a must see for the connoisseur of fucked up international cinema.

I concur. That movie definitely left it's mark on me.

Another international film i liked (although not horror) is Tzameti. It encouraged me to go and live in France.

null24
#79 Posted : 6/9/2020 4:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
That last scene with the Father character, huh? I read that guy had never acted before.

The head bashing scene would've been better if they didn't use so many angles and just stayed on the view of him from the rear, IMO.

I'm always a sucker for F'ed up cinema, thanks for the Martyr recommendation, I'll check it out...Thumbs up
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

GoneWiththeWind
#80 Posted : 6/12/2020 1:01:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
Where did you catch season 4? I’m trying hold off renting it.

https://www.thewatchcartoononline.tv/search I watch it here, use an adblock

«PREV23456NEXT