We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
The I Hate Cannabis Thread Options

anne halonium
#61 Posted : 5/18/2015 10:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im in the " never enough" cannabis camp.

38 yrs of rasta smoke outs.
i fully intend to die with a doob in my mouth.

if its not for you , good, more for me.

the only side effect i ever noticed was running out. ( rare)
my only regret is not growing and smoking more than i do.

winning the pot war, has been a highlight of my life.
cant imagine what me and the maid would do without cannabis.......

i even refuse to work anywhere where cannabis isnt welcome warmly.

essentially, im a cannabis zealot,
and, so are all the people close to me.
at least those close enough to see thru the cloud!
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#62 Posted : 5/18/2015 11:34:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well said Anne. I'm in a similar camp. Do you or your peeps ever extract concentrates of Cannabis? if so do you have any interesting teks that you might be able to post.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
β€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

anne halonium
#63 Posted : 5/19/2015 12:03:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lets not derail the thread.

beyond my exclaiming luv for cannabis,
i stay out of the pot grow and processing spotlight on the forums,
and, keep it strictly hallucinogens .

forums have plenty of pot gurus as is...........
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

doodlekid
#64 Posted : 5/19/2015 1:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I grow pot and use it almost daily. But I am also someone for whom it's better to smoke or eat as minimal as possible. Yet at the same time it's the best remedy I have for anxiety related issues and insomnia...

DMTripper
#65 Posted : 5/27/2015 2:18:26 AM

John Murdoch IV

I've had a love/hate relationship with cannabis for over 20 years now.
It started with absolute love that lasted for a decade. But then little by little it stopped working for me. I started to feel negative effects from it more and more frequently. And I get very addicted to it. Never feel high enough. Need to be puffin' constantly but can't reach the high I'm after. It's gone. Now I only get very anxious and negative when smoking. So I don't any more.

I've learned methods to get out of life what I once needed cannabis for. It doesn't come without effort. A lot of self work had to be done. I had to shed a lot of crap from within. But today I appreciate the little things, and when I listen to music I get goosebumps and my eyes can get watery Smile Not everytime I hear music but when I take time to put on something good and really dive into the music. Feels just like 20 years ago when I was discovering music while high Smile

Cannabis did a lot for me and gave me a lot of good memories. But I don't think I'll ever smoke again. Haven't smoked for 4 months now and haven't had any cravings at all. I smoked a lot from november last year until end of january this year but before that I hadn't smoked at all for almost 3 years.

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Fright&Hatred
#66 Posted : 6/1/2015 1:57:54 AM

Don't worry, B. Caapi.

Quote:
You have your drug buddies that you hang out with. You have your stash box with all your papers, your roach clip, your cool butane lighter with a pot leaf on it that your friend bought you when she went on vacation to Vegas because you're a complete stoner and that's all anyone knows you for, or associates with you, you have your favorite pipe, your favorite bong, your favorite vaporizer. Soon it's basically just a hobby, and you can't stop, because if you quit smoking pot, then you suddenly realize you won't have any friends, since you surround yourself with other potheads, you're bored all the time, and you spent all this money on paraphernalia, so you really have no choice to keep on going. At least that was my mindset at the time.

This part really spoke to me as this is so much like how my life was this past winter even right down to the butane lighter with the pot leaf, except mine was from Miami Laughing. When I moved to the city to go to college, there began my lust for drugs. As I adjusted to my new living situation, I eventually gained new friends. Since I was a fairly active drinker and occasional cannabis smoker, these activities when done socially developed into a friendship with this group through these substances. (I won't say we were only friends because of getting high together, but it was a big part of our social behavior.)

With limited supply in alcohol, cannabis become the more popular indulgent. And that's the way it stayed. This one guy in our group was more or less the liaison for us between dealers and he provided the act of retrieving the goods for all of us to partake in. Somehow along the way, I was introduced to some dealers and I took over this role. Then more substances were added to the mix. Before I knew it, I became the dealer and started making profit.

It was like a snowball effect, the farther I fell down the hill, the faster everything seemed to build up. Soon, I even started a drug collection of various pharmaceuticals, cannabis strains, LSD, MDMA, amphetamines, and cocaine. This was all while extracting my own spice as well. To say the least, it got out of control. I started pissing off dealers, having to contact sketchy individuals, wasting my days running around the city picking up and dropping off. I got lost in it all.

Now, tying back to what I quoted, I just simply couldn't quit. And why should I? I was even told by one of my partners that I was much nicer to him when I smoked. Another incentive to keep smoking. Also, all of my friends were regular customers. I could know at any given time what they would want and when based on how scheduled everything was. I also got wayyy too comfortable with drugs, almost as if they were legal. I couldn't comprehend an individual who hadn't smoked weed since it was such a normal part of my life at the time.

This lead up to one night of driving through the city to pick up a girl who wanted to hangout and smoke etc. I arrived to her apartment, picked her up, and went on my way. Apparently, I didn't have my lights on all the way and was pulled over by a policeman. I had a very small amount of cannabis in a cigarette pack cellophane in my car that I had forgotten about the previous day and didn't take out. He tells me he acknowledges a strong smell of cannabis and he goes through the procedures. If I had known, I would've stuffed it in my pocket since they cannot go digging in your pockets, but I forgot all about it. I received a paper to appear in court for a traffic violation and possession. This sparked my hatred for cannabis since such a petty thing can have such an impact on your life. I haven't smoked since. I've also given up dealing in hopes to get a grip before I end up too far down this path. I won't say I'll never smoke cannabis again, but I will never be so careless again if I do. (I've had one other instance of possession charges with cannabis, but this was the one to make me realize.)

One thing I am grateful for is that it could've been worse considering the other substances I was using then as cannabis is only a misdemeanor. I guess the message in all of this is that cannabis isn't bad, it's just people like me need to realize you must consider the legality or get slapped with reality (and cuffs!) Thumbs down
β€œ...Know what you're using, decide just why you're using it, and you can have a rich experience. They're not addictive, and they're certainly not escapist, either, but they're exceptionally valuable tools for understanding the human mind, and how it works.” ― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Sandgrease
#67 Posted : 6/3/2015 1:27:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a love/hate relationship with Cannabis. I used to use it all the time. Always high and could go about my day just fine. I began smoking when I was 14 and my usage got more frequent in high school. I loved weed, it loved me too.

At 18 I got hit with possession and had to do probation for a year. Around this time I began using psychedelics and smoking while on psychedelics. My first psychedelic trip, 5 hits of clean gel tabs was full of weed smoking. I thought lsd was just a really strong THC high (obviously Cannabis is a psychedelic).

I continued to take all kinds of psychs and mix them with weed (mdma+weed is my fav) but now almost 15 years later my Cannabis tolerance has dropped completely.

I get super high off of small amounts and its unenjoyable to be high around people. Its not all the time but I'd say 60% of the time I get uncomfortable high. I personally think it had to do with smoking weed on psychs and its some kind of flashback.

I still get high quite often but I need to make sure I don't get too high or I freak out most of the time Sad

So, sometimes I hate Cannabis but other times I'd be really sad in a world without Cannabis.

Neo Guado
#68 Posted : 8/10/2015 1:21:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like some other posters have said in this thread, I too have quit the herb.

Gradually through the years the effects of weed drastically diminished for me, even quitting for extended periods of time (several weeks to several months) did not bring back any of the previously stronger effects of weed. Vaping stronger buds mostly only came with stronger negative effects like mind-clouds and slight feelings of disorientation after the high had passed.

I think the lessening effects of weed on me have to do with the fact that I became too accustomed to its effects in a fixed setting. I was not actively resisting its effects and am not claiming I didn't feel anything when smoking but it came to a point that it started feeling so familiar to be in that state that it began to feel as ordinary as putting on a coat before going outside. I was getting sober from smoking at a continuing faster rate and even edibles were mostly just exhausting and heavy on my brain. I never got the satisfaction and bodily high I got from my first 6 years or so of smoking back again.

As the diminishing effects of weed became more pronounced I eventually began developing anxiety attacks. These ''attacks'' occurred in social settings without a obvious trigger and I always felt like there was no obvious psychological reason why these attacks occurred. I always felt relatively confident in social settings and never really experienced any psychological problems.

What I clearly understand now is that my underlying frustrations regarding certain social settings became amplified by my regular weed smoking habits to the point of me having those panic outbursts.

In retrospect having not smoked weed for 6-7 months I can absolutely say weed did make me more inclined to dwell and marinate in certain thoughts patterns that were not always constructive to my everyday life. Obviously the degree to which these effects can develop into a disorder of sorts depends on everybody's own personality and life-circumstances for the most part, I'm just speaking from my own experience.

Through the years weed has absolutely helped me gain new insights and ''sharpened'' my mind to view problems in ways I would not have otherwise, even after the high had passed. So I have no regrets of any kind about smoking/vaping for the majority of my life. I also feel like smoking cannabis has changed me, for the better for the most part. But I realize in her own way, Mary Jane was trying to tell me that she taught me all that she could and it was time to let her go.
β€œPeople believe I am what they see Me as, rather than what they do not see. But I am the Great Unseen, not what I cause Myself to be in any particular moment. In a sense, I am what I am not. It is from the Am-notness that I come, and to it I always return.” -Neale Donald Walsch-

potnoble
#69 Posted : 5/5/2020 9:57:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello

If you use a substance too often and depend on it for any reason you will be disapointed.
You will also loose the magic and the healing aspect.

I love weed in all of it forms from herb to hash to edibles and so on.

But i developed a very damaging pattern with it. When i smoke weed i smoke all day every day
no matter what i´m doing which can create alot of problems.

So a few years ago i stopped smoking and started vaping which lead to edibles.

I mostly treat it like a psychedelic now. Once a week or maybe once a month i do a high dose
and make it special.

I´m in the best physical condition since my childhood and i get more stuff done than ever.

What i am trying to say is if it doesn´t feel right don´t do it. I love being high but i also
like being sober and clear headed. If you always fall back into negative behaviour and addiction
you should quit for a long time and maybe if you try again change your RoA.

Sounds easy but it took me 20 years to find the sweetspot for me Big grin

Sooooooo have a gud one everybody
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

«PREV234