We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Divinorum Extraction Picture Tutorial Options

ThirdEyeVision
#1 Posted : 1/7/2010 10:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Disclaimer: Salvinorin A is a dangerous substance in the wrong hands. 1mg can be an active dose so BE CAREFULL. This picture tek leaves some chlorophyll in the Salvinorin A which aids in sublingual absorption.

Salvia Divinorum Extraction Picture Tutorial

The early freeze this year forced me to harvest my plants in the middle of flowering. It was a sad morning to walk out to my garden that was blooming the night before and see it drooped over and black from the grim reapers nasty freeze. But to see the glass half full, I harvested and made a picture tutorial of a Salvinorin A extraction.

I can’t seem to find the pics of me cutting and drying the harvested leaves, if I find them I’ll add them in. By the time the plants were harvested (morning) they were literally black from their cell wall breaking from the freeze the night before. I did not take the time to be careful and cut ONLY the leaves I cut up all the small branches, flowers and leaves leaving out only the thicker branches. I was left with about a bucket full so I put half in a food dehydrator and half on a cookie sheet in the oven (on low with door cracked and rotating leaves every 30 minutes)

After drying I was left with two large gallon sized bags full of dried salvia. This is where my pictures can start.

1) Put 375g. of salvia into blender and blend until almost a powder consistency.
a. No significant reason to the starting amount other than it was one freezer bag.

2) Pour into a French press (handy for many extractions, $15 well spent)

3) Pour Acetone into French press to cover leaves by about an inch.

4) Stir well.

5) Cover with Plastic wrap and leave in dark cupboard (light kills Salvinorin A) for 24 hours stirring every once in a while.
a. As an extra precaution I even wrap my press in foil to keep out all light while mixing and storage.

6) Put filter top on French press and pour green Acetone into beaker or jar. Put plastic wrap over beaker and store in a dark cupboard. Do not disturb the beaker, let tannins decant out.
a. Again, as an extra precaution I wrap beaker in foil to block all light.

7) Add more Acetone to French Press and repeat steps 3 – 6 about 3 times.

8 ) At this point you should have a rather large amount of Black/Green Acetone. Let decant for 24 hours to let all Tannins fall out.

9) There will be a layer of plant particles and tannins on the bottom of your beaker. So slowly pour decanted Acetone into another beaker or jar leaving behind the nasty settlement.
a. Remember you are KEEPING the Acetone and discarding the settlement.

10) Repeat steps 8-9 as many times as it takes until tannins stop falling out. Typically takes two or three.
a. Remember to keep away from light all throughout these steps.

11) Now you have a settlement and tannin free Acetone extraction. Pour into a large evaporation dish (pyrex baking dishes work great)

12) Put dish with acetone in a dark room with great ventilation and blow a fan over it. A bathroom overnight works great.
a. Keep in mind, Acetone fumes are very flammable and dangerous so take every precaution to keep all sparks, flames, pets and obviously humans away from this process.

13) From the quick evap there is sometimes water in the dish in the morning. No big deal. Just turn on your oven on as low as it gets and put try in there with DOOR OPEN. It’ll evaporate in about 10 minutes.

14) Now you are left with a tar. Scrape it all up with a razor blade and toss into a small beaker.
a. You can never get it all out so I typically pour a little Naphtha into dish and scrape with a butter knife and pour into beaker. (Brought to you by Philidelphia Cream Cheese)

15) Salvinorin A is not soluble in Naphtha but the nasty plant fats are. So… we will clean with Naphtha. Pour in enough Naphtha to cover tar. If you did 14.A that may be enough for first wash, if not add more.

16) Stir this black liquid and let decant for about and hour.

17) Carefully with an eye dropper pull the naphtha down to just over the tar line. Put this dirty Naphtha into a second large beaker for a second stage decant.

18 ) Repeat steps 15-17 as many times as it takes until the Naphtha your pulling is only slightly green. Typically 8-10 times.

19) On the last wash leave a little extra Naphtha in the beaker and stir it all up so you can pour onto an evap dish (small glass plate works great).

20) Put under a fan and let dry.

21) Then scrape it up and do as you please.

22) After your Naphtha washes you will be left with a good amount of dirty Naphtha in your stage 2 decanting beaker. Let sit for 24-48 hours. If you shine a flashlight at the beaker you’ll see there is a good amount of Salvinorin A at the bottom that would have been lost, typically I get another 100 – 200mg. (seeing that only 1mg is an active dose, that’s a lot to recover)

23) After 48 hours of decanting slowly remove the Naphtha and save the settled Salvinorin

24) Pour onto your evap plate, dry and add to your stash.

Started with 375 g. of dried Salvia.
Stage 1 recovered 3.165 grams of slightly impure Salvinorin A
Stage 2 recovered 110mg of slightly impure Salvinorin A
Total Recovered: 3.275 g.
% Recovered: little less than 1%

Thanks to the pioneers who have braved the trenches and documented their successes and failures for us to learn by. Most of my steps were learned by Synchs Tek.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 1/7/2010 10:24:17 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi ThirdEyeVision,

My knowledge comes strictly from reading, not experience, so please bear with me here.

I thought acetone did not work to extract Salvinoran A. Perhaps I am behind the times. Have you tried a bioassay via vaporization on aluminium foil (according to what I have read, this is the preferred way to consume pure Salvinoran A)? Was it active?

Also, I had read that pure Salvinoran A is quite active at the 250 MICROgram range. . . .Your initial warning translates to a statement that it takes four times this dose to achieve activity. How pure do you feel your extraction might be?

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Crystalito
#3 Posted : 1/8/2010 12:35:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Amazing Work there ,ThirdEyeVision!

May i also propose a great piece of work for all people interested in salvia?

Here it is : http://imageevent.com/sphere/salvinorincrystals

I think its almost safe to assume that most members will know this page.Its trully a classic ,by an individual that i think called himself "Sphere" in many forums. The man's devotion was...full time and has left behind him quite of a legacy in salvia extractions.The webpage contains many beautiful photos of crystals ,his views on salvia and his journey on it, and also very very good extraction guides in PDF form.

For those impatient to read the whole page ,some selected links as far as extraction goes:

http://photos.imageevent...%20cigarette%20paper.pdf

http://photos.imageevent...d_acetone_extraction.pdf

http://photos.imageevent...%20Chilled%20Acetone.pdf

http://photos.imageevent...m%20extraction%20FAQ.pdf

Hope you enjoy the reading!

Once more ,ThirdEyeVision, beautiful work there!

ThirdEyeVision
#4 Posted : 1/8/2010 12:48:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Hi ThirdEyeVision,

My knowledge comes strictly from reading, not experience, so please bear with me here.

I thought acetone did not work to extract Salvinoran A. Perhaps I am behind the times. Have you tried a bioassay via vaporization on aluminium foil (according to what I have read, this is the preferred way to consume pure Salvinoran A)? Was it active?

Also, I had read that pure Salvinoran A is quite active at the 250 MICROgram range. . . .Your initial warning translates to a statement that it takes four times this dose to achieve activity. How pure do you feel your extraction might be?

Peace & Love,
Pandora

Acetone in my experience has worked out best. I have used other solvents and always returned to Acetone. The solubility Salvinorin at 27°C in Acetone is approximately 23 mg per ml of fluid.

Pure white Salvinorin crystals are active at 250-1000 micro grams, you are correct. This tek does not make pure Salvinorin A. I stop short because I am experimenting with tinctures and the chlorophyll aids in sublingual absorption.

There is no real reason to make pure Salvinorin other than the fun of the extract, IMHO. As far as purity, it will vary with the amount and time spent with the washes. I would guesstimate 85% +/-

In the past I reconstitute into dried leafs. There are teks on the readily available.

ThirdEyeVision

ThirdEyeVision
#5 Posted : 1/8/2010 12:49:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Crystalito wrote:
Amazing Work there ,ThirdEyeVision!

May i also propose a great piece of work for all people interested in salvia?

Here it is : http://imageevent.com/sphere/salvinorincrystals

I think its almost safe to assume that most members will know this page.Its trully a classic ,by an individual that i think called himself "Sphere" in many forums. The man's devotion was...full time and has left behind him quite of a legacy in salvia extractions.The webpage contains many beautiful photos of crystals ,his views on salvia and his journey on it, and also very very good extraction guides in PDF form.

For those impatient to read the whole page ,some selected links as far as extraction goes:

http://photos.imageevent...%20cigarette%20paper.pdf

http://photos.imageevent...d_acetone_extraction.pdf

http://photos.imageevent...%20Chilled%20Acetone.pdf

http://photos.imageevent...m%20extraction%20FAQ.pdf

Hope you enjoy the reading!

Once more ,ThirdEyeVision, beautiful work there!

Thanks. I'll check it out tonight.
ThirdEyeVision

panoramix
#6 Posted : 1/8/2010 9:00:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if u wil like to make nice xtals desolve te end resuld in IPA 99 an head it up until booiling and cool to roomtemp agean than do this 3 times you wil se xtals form than filter and let dry you wil hev same reel nice xtals

greder pano
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,