We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1011121314NEXT
Book bin Options

BundleflowerPower
#221 Posted : 4/14/2016 12:41:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Emerald Tablet - Alchemy for personal transformation, by Dennis William Hauck.

This book has helped a lot with this whole awakening phenomenon that I've been going though

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

spacexplorer
#222 Posted : 5/23/2016 7:07:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ॐ wrote:
Just picked up Otto Snow's LSD for just $32, so excited to have found such a cheap copy.
I had read the PDF version a long time ago, and to date it is my favorite book on LSD (along with Acid Dreams, which is a fantastic read as well, yet from a broader cultural perspective). It is part autobiographical narrative and part chemistry & synthesis. He has a simple yet compelling writing style that quickly draws you in.
Been looking for a physical copy for a long time, but it seemed unavailable except for those willing to part with €100+. Most exciting book find in a long long time for me, I'm so happy I finally found it Very happy
Now if only his other book "LSD & Tryptamine synthesis" was available for prices under €1000, haha Thumbs up

got you covered

http://bookzz.org/dl/550654/a126d1

DmnStr8
#223 Posted : 6/14/2016 12:24:39 AM

Come what may

Jose Luis Peixoto, Antidoto wrote:
“Beyond the clouds, above people, beneath the skin, inside people, we’re waiting for you. We see you now, as you read. We’ll see you when you stop thinking about these words. Above and inside your face, we know your secrets. We know what you hide from yourself. You can’t escape us. We hold your heart in the palm of our hand. If we like, we can squeeze it. If we like, we can crush it. There’s nothing you can do to stop us. Our gaze notices your every single move and your every single word. Say a word now. Make a move. We smile at your words, as we smile at your silence. No one will be able to protect you. No one can protect you now. You’re even less than you imagine. We’ve seen a thousand generations of men like you. It was our pleasure to let them walk on the lines of our hands. It was our pleasure to take everything away from them. We guided entire generations of men through tunnels we built that led nowhere. And when they arrived at nothing, we smiled. You’re just like them. We’re waiting for you above and inside your face. Continue on your way. Follow that line of our hand. We know where that tunnel you walk through will end. Keep on walking. We see you and smile. Beyond the clouds, we are fear. Beneath the skin, we are fear.”
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Intezam
#224 Posted : 6/29/2016 1:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dargah of Hazrat Syed Jamaluddin Jan e Man Jannati (R.A.) Hilsa Shareef, Nalanda, Bihar

The Madariyya Silsila from Indian Perspective.pdf
by Ananda Bhattacharya

There are many typos and factual inaccuracies in this book, it also included some (outdated) 19th century british raj view on things (even though mentioning their last name in small print). Many of these be-sharia allegations are actually total bull-crap. But hey, its a free e-book....

Some moar on mahasiddha/nath/malang/faqeer connection by author Max W. Ernst about the Mohd.Gawth Shattari (RA)translation and 'ocean' commentary of the book "The pool of the water of life" (his version is called: Bahr al Hayat)
http://www.unc.edu/~cernst/pdf/ghawth.pdf

Another book by Prof. Wax W Ernst titled:
Persecution and circumspection of Shattari Sufism
http://www.unc.edu/~cernst/pdf/UTRECHT.pdf

Prof. Carl W Ernst is also the author of a book called:
The Shambhala Guide To Sufism Shocked

Enoon
#225 Posted : 8/28/2016 7:06:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

It's been mentioned before, but not nearly often enough. I only stumbled upon this boook or rather these books by accident or by design? Must reads. Great message, thought provoking, inspiring, illuminating. Like with the best of psychedelic journeys, things will never be the same for me.

Ishmael
My Ishmael
The story of B

By Daniel Quinn. I urge everyone to read them.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

ArizonaBay
#226 Posted : 9/21/2016 9:58:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any recommendations for a book on the occult/magick? Pagan mysticism--things if that ilk? Looking for an older book--my mind is in line with Corpus Hermetica and Piccatrix, just a little more in the occult direction. Thanks for any suggestions.

slugware
#227 Posted : 11/18/2016 9:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Today i was digging into my personal book collection, i wanted to start rereading The Perennial Philosophy by A. Huxley. Didn't find it but i found Morphology of the Tale and Historical Roots of the Wonder Tale by Vladimir Propp.

The years when i was discovering Jung works i had the chance to read a locally published collection of papers 'Jung and Disciples' which are books by famous jungian analysts and his personal students. To me the most interesting were the works of M.l. von Franz on Alchemy, dreams and even more so on folklore tales and magic tales. Reading the jungian school of thought profoundly changed the way i look at life. I think i even got high from just reading Mysterium Coniunctionis, or maybe the bud was too strong back then.

Anyway, the rambling is all about magic creatures. ( I must admit that even what mostly ignited my interest in entheogens, particularly spice, is the element of magical creatures). There is so much and so deepply imbedded wisdom in folklore tales. I just wanted to point out a certain speculation of mine that actually 'hidden' wisdom in folklore tales is pointing tool to the Nagual. But one must be able to read between the lines. There is more to 'stories' than just words.

I also wanted to recommend here (i haven't checked all the pages of the thread, it might have been mentioned) a russian novelist named Viktor Pelevin. Check his works out, you wont regret it.

#228 Posted : 10/21/2017 8:30:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

~
Kahlil Gibran
○ attached the following image(s):
22549982_10155895937511177_8873772748024266527_n.jpg (72kb) downloaded 199 time(s).

hug46
#229 Posted : 11/23/2017 6:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently reading a book called Surface Detail by Iain Banks. He is my favourite sci-fi author. I am only 126 pages and so far, so very good.

#230 Posted : 1/31/2018 7:22:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

From Robert Masters book Darkness Shining Wild, most certainly worth the time it takes to read.

His book accounts on his 5-MeO experience and the months after and how it affected him, though before this he and his lady took ayahuasca together. He paints it in a similar way to when he talked on his MeO experience - some might look at how he portrays these things 'with a bit of negativity', but honestly I think his writings are beautiful and honest, probably my favorite. Anywho here you go..

Quote:
Before I could do much, however, the ayahuasca kicked in. It was extremely strong, and getting stronger by the second. I remember saying something about how powerful it was, and then I could be of no help whatsoever to Nancy, for I was so overwhelmed that I lost almost all contact with the world I’d known a minute earlier. As that world and its sustaining views — including those rooted in longtime spiritual practices — very quickly became but a fleeting speck on the periphery of the impossibly rich revelatory domain into which I’d been blasted, I buckled with huge awe and equally huge terror.

I thought of leaving the room, but could not move more than a few feet. So I remained sitting up, quivering with an indescribably strange feeling of recognition, periodically fearing that I’d made a fatal mistake in taking the ayahuasca. Who I had been before swallowing it was but the flimsiest and most unreal of memories. Nancy and I seemed to be not observers of — nor even participants in — what was happening. Rather, we were it — and had, it seemed, never really been other than it — the shockingly visceral and now devastatingly indisputable realization of which maddened what was left of my mind.

My world had not so much been altered as decisively replaced, both externally and internally. Nancy soon lay with her head flat on the floor, her face to one side, as if pressed down by an enormous hand. All we could do was ride out the storm.

For its first third (an eternity of about three hours) my ayahuasca journey was extremely harrowing, partly because of the considerable strain it placed on my body — I shook uncontrollably for almost two hours, violently vomiting a number of times2 — but mainly because of the often terrifying, unspeakably alien yet rivetingly familiar Wonder that was manifesting within and all around me.

The dazzling presence and implications of this Wonder, this reality-unlocking Unspeakableness, and my relationship to it made me reel; I could not convincingly stand apart from it, not even for a second, and strongly intuited that I never really had. When I somehow managed for a moment here and there to recall my life before ayahuasca, none of it carried any real depth or significance. That this didn’t terrify me would terrify me for a moment, then bend me with animal awe, then pass from consciousness.

What was now my world — and seemingly always had been, while I’d been dreaming that I was elsewhere — pulsed with a power and knowingness that surpassed anything I’d ever before experienced. No outside, no inside. No time. Flames sprouted from the leaftips of my plants with shapely brilliance. The trees outside the sliding glass doors, blazingly vivid and so, so alive, were fused with the sky, as if all drawn with the same vast undulating brush strokes. The objects in the room were no different than the space between them.

There I sat crazily swaying and trembling, transfixed in an imagination-transcending, overwhelmingly sentient Chaos in which everything, including the nonphysical, was inseparable from everything else. The sky, dripping with terrible beauty, poured into my room like a tsunami, my body seemed to be about to die again and again, my mind frothed insanely, and I felt through all of this an enormous, intensely emotional knowingness, a primordial intimacy and recognition — at once prehuman and transhuman — that shook me like a rag doll in the jaws of a rabid monster.

Looking into Nancy’s eyes was no different than looking into the room or out the windows. It was all, all, the same self-replicating, self-aware Unspeakableness, beyond any conceivable framing. As its perspective and mine merged, I felt as if I’d never really been elsewhere. The Open Secret of it all only affirmed and deepened its Mystery. I was alternatingly terrified and awestruck. I wanted to escape it all, and I wanted to get down on my knees before it all.

Telling myself that I had indeed taken a drug — which I only could remember every ten minutes or so — had about as much effect on me as trying to stop a train by placing a marshmallow in its path. One moment I was convinced I’d gone completely insane and would shortly find myself strapped down in the local hospital ward, and the next I would gasp wonderstruck at what was being revealed. Finally, the intensity of it all faded a bit, and I was on somewhat familiar ground, albeit still highly psychedelic territory, grateful to have survived. The last two thirds of the journey were quite joyful, which perhaps accounts to some degree for what followed.

exquisitus
#231 Posted : 2/1/2018 3:11:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
I am currently reading a book called Surface Detail by Iain Banks. He is my favourite sci-fi author. I am only 126 pages and so far, so very good.

yeah, he was a towering figure in the genre. sadly, no longer with us...

woody
#232 Posted : 7/16/2018 3:01:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How to change your Mind: The new science of pyschedelics - Michael Pollan

Any one read this? I'm half way through and it's a really good read. Lots of interesting detailed history of scientific LSD and Psilocybin research and ultimately suppression. And a promising look at the rehabilitation and de-stigmatisation as these substances start to gain a new mainstream understanding.

exquisitus
#233 Posted : 7/16/2018 11:18:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:
How to change your Mind: The new science of pyschedelics - Michael Pollan

Any one read this?

https://expandingmind.po...mind-mind-change-070518/

thymamai
#234 Posted : 7/17/2018 12:19:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thymamai
#235 Posted : 7/17/2018 2:04:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
thymamai wrote:

About to finish this one. Anthropological documentation of 3 year relationship between student/apprentice and a wise old native mexican indian brujo or 'diablero', and the experieinces he has working with datura, mescalito, and 'the little smoke' (magic mushrooms). As well as thorough examination of the ritualistic processes involved.

Relatively quick read. I've read another anthropological study called 'Peyote Hunt', involving a different tribe of indians residing in mexico, also published around the same time, which I really liked and would also highly recommend to anyone interested in cultural studies like these. Both books elaborate extensively in psychadelic language about both experiential and spiritual aspects.

(A proper review found here: http://psypressuk.com/20...dge-by-carlos-castaneda/)

Doubt anyone doesn't know it by now, but carlos castaneda made this all up. It's not ethnography on the traditions of northern Mexican indigenous peoples, it's fiction.

Hmmm.

Never saw this.

Thanks for having my back anon. I admit I didn't realize at the time that it was a work of fiction.

But, quite honestly, this only makes it that much more recommendable. I highly, highly, recommend Carlos Castaneda's Yaqui Way. As it is a most interesting and thought provoking read, in a time of cancerous nihilism and soullessness.

Would still recommend 'Peyote Hunt', too. Much drier/academic in form/fashion.. she talks about the mechanics of symbolism and levi-strauss even, I believe, briefly. Lived with the huichols for a period and integrated... very informed, genuine glimpse into the vestiges of the native world.

Duncan Disorderly
#236 Posted : 4/30/2020 11:05:25 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Some time has passed since the last post. However, since it is a sticky, I felt it was appropriate to contribute. After all, books are always a relevant topic.

Even better, the book I am suggesting is available for free online from The Project Gutenberg and can be found here: Memoirs of Madame la Marquise de Montespan.

The memoirs are written by Louis XIV's longest-lasting mistress, the infamous Madame de Montespan. She was well known for her razor-sharp wit and charm. She has a surprisingly modern outlook, which makes it a brilliant read, with some fascinating, as well as, some humorous tales about her life in the court of the Sun King.

My favourite story relates how she had to wear a particular style of dress to disguise when she had become pregnant by the King. As a result, the style became all the rage amongst the court ladies.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Tony6Strings
#237 Posted : 5/1/2020 8:32:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am about halfway through The Brothers Karamazov, by Dostoevsky. I am enjoying it much.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Duncan Disorderly
#238 Posted : 5/3/2020 10:57:56 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Tony6Strings wrote:
I am about halfway through The Brothers Karamazov, by Dostoevsky. I am enjoying it much.

Exceptional novel. I believe Sigmond Freud counted it as one of his favourites. No surprise really, considering the dynamics of the story.

Anyway, my next choice is another masterpiece in literature, in my opinion. Frank Herbert's, Dune.

There's a new version of Dune being made into a film and due for release later this year. Whether or not it will succeed where other versions have failed remains to be seen. The problem with effectively translating Dune to the screen has to do with a good portion of the narrative comprises of the character's thoughts. In fact, throughout the story, what the characters are thinking is more important than what they are saying. Translating this to screen makes it a difficult tale to tell.

There's a series of books in the Dune saga and I loved reading all of them.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

monomind
#239 Posted : 5/5/2020 9:38:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beelzebozo wrote:
Currently reading one of the most arresting books I've ever read, The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa, translated by Richard Zenith. Quote, "To understand, I destroyed myself." Reading it is a continuous "Wow."

Reading it myself now and its utterly amazing. Pessoa writings are like Escher drawings if you see what i mean.
Its on the same level as Jorge Luis Borges. So glad I found it Thumbs up

And here is my own recommendation: T.A.Z by Hakim Bay ( available for free online).
The full name of the book is actually: T.A.Z.: The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Ontological Anarchy, Poetic Terrorism

Here is a snippet:

Quote:

Chaos
Chaos never died. Primordial uncarved block, sole worshipful monster, inert & spontaneous, more ultraviolet than any mythology (like the shadows before Babylon), the original undifferentiated oneness-of-being still radiates serene as the black pennants of Assassins, random & perpetually intoxicated.

Chaos comes before all principles of order & entropy, it’s neither a god nor a maggot, its idiotic desires encompass & define every possible choreography, all meaningless aethers & phlogistons: its masks are crystallizations of its own facelessness, like clouds.

Everything in nature is perfectly real including consciousness, there’s absolutely nothing to worry about. Not only have the chains of the Law been broken, they never existed; demons never guarded the stars, the Empire never got started, Eros never grew a beard.

No, listen, what happened was this: they lied to you, sold you ideas of good & evil, gave you distrust of your body & shame for your prophethood of chaos, invented words of disgust for your molecular love, mesmerized you with inattention, bored you with civilization & all its usurious emotions.

There is no becoming, no revolution, no struggle, no path; already you’re the monarch of your own skin — your inviolable freedom waits to be completed only by the love of other monarchs: a politics of dream, urgent as the blueness of sky.

To shed all the illusory rights & hesitations of history demands the economy of some legendary Stone Age — shamans not priests, bards not lords, hunters not police, gatherers of paleolithic laziness, gentle as blood, going naked for a sign or painted as birds, poised on the wave of explicit presence, the clockless nowever.

Agents of chaos cast burning glances at anything or anyone capable of bearing witness to their condition, their fever of lux et voluptas. I am awake only in what I love & desire to the point of terror — everything else is just shrouded furniture, quotidian anaesthesia, shit-for-brains, sub-reptilian ennui of totalitarian regimes, banal censorship & useless pain.

Avatars of chaos act as spies, saboteurs, criminals of amour fou, neither selfless nor selfish, accessible as children, mannered as barbarians, chafed with obsessions, unemployed, sensually deranged, wolfangels, mirrors for contemplation, eyes like flowers, pirates of all signs & meanings.

Here we are crawling the cracks between walls of church state school & factory, all the paranoid monoliths. Cut off from the tribe by feral nostalgia we tunnel after lost words, imaginary bombs.

The last possible deed is that which defines perception itself, an invisible golden cord that connects us: illegal dancing in the courthouse corridors. If I were to kiss you here they’d call it an act of terrorism — so let’s take our pistols to bed & wake up the city at midnight like drunken bandits celebrating with a fusillade, the message of the taste of chaos.

donfoolio
#240 Posted : 5/5/2020 9:09:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

monomind wrote:

And here is my own recommendation: T.A.Z by Hakim Bay ( available for free online).
The full name of the book is actually: T.A.Z.: The Temporary Autonomous Zone, Ontological Anarchy, Poetic Terrorism

This is a classic. I had been really influenced by his writings back then. For a lot of his essays and books, check out:

https://hermetic.com/bey...-of-peter-lamborn-wilson

Quite an important person, as much for modern anarchist ideas than for the techno-free party scene for example. I loved it when I had been a teenager. Regretfully, he never understood what is going on RIGHT NOW in my opinion - the chaos community is really happening since back then.

In one of his last books, ANARCHIST EPHERMA, he stated out that the state never emerged among gardeners - of course, it doesn't: the back-to-the-land movement went far out from governmental restrictions. Those people like the Nexus, growing Cacti, DMT-plants and thinking about a better future - I think Bey was way too old and grey to see it is happening.

edit: Hakim Bey on ayahuasca

https://hermetic.com/bey/ayahuasca-reading
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

«PREV1011121314NEXT