We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tribute to the F word Options

Duncan Disorderly
#1 Posted : 4/25/2020 11:57:43 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Love it or hate it, the F word is probably the most used and versatile word we have in the so-called, some say controversial, English language.

In fact, you know it simply because of how I refer to it, over actually saying it. Think about it, the F word fits any occasion. You can tell someone to f**k off and those two words speak volumes. Need to emphasize your point with a bit of a flourish? No problem, that mutha f**kin' point stands out better than a proud erection, like the Statue of mutha f**kin' Liberty.

I can say buck, duck, chuck, luck, vuck (I think that's Armenian, I don't know, maybe I made it up) and I can even say suck, albeit a tasteful suck, and it's ok. Add an F to those uck sounding words and you're f**ked. Nowadays, thanks to our modern-day state-of-the-art technology, we censor our beloved F word with a BEEP! It's gotten to the point we have associated the BEEP as saying the F word. If that's the case, it begs a question and I don't always enjoy begging. The question is this. Are you ready to hear the question? OK, to put a long question even longer, when is the BEEP going to be BEEPED out? If the BEEP is saying the F word everyone tries to avoid, yet we all (yes, even you) say and hear it every f**king day, what's the point of BEEPING it in the first place?

Krishna on a popsicle stick, I've been saying the F word since I was 5, back in the early 1700s. Although, back then, you didn't say, "F**k you", like the wacky kids say today. Instead, we said, "F**k unto thee!" Ah! Those were the days. Great job, censors! You really had us kids fooled. Kids today are no different, they all know the word as we did in the early part of the 18th century. The very fact it's infamous makes it all the more appealing to kids, and we all know how stupid and easily influenced kids are.

Ultimately, as a true logophile, I find censoring of any kind a crime against humanity. It's like misinformation or disinformation, which is also a crime against humanity. These things stagnate our intellectual evolution. I can think of nothing more offensive than censorship itself. Yet, the beloved, the legendary, the infamous and famous, the word of words, the F word, is the thing we're supposed to find offensive. Give me a f**king break, for f**k's sake!

It's nice to imagine the F word in our classical literature. Shame Shakespeare didn't use it. I love Shakespeare more than any scaffolder or builder or coal miner, I truly do. Allow me to act out a scene for you.

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your mutha f**king ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise the f**ker. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their f**king bones; So let it be with Caesar."

End, scene. /take a bow to rapturous applause. /graciously accept flowers with a look of humble surprise and gratitude.

See? It's still sublime. Oh, what a world we live in.

Or, what about our classic films?

"I'll get you, my pretty... and your little f**king dog, too!"

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a f**k."

"It rubs the f**king lotion on the skin."

Anyway, I hope you learned something from all this babbling I've done. If you did, well done! I certainly didn't try to teach you anything.

Now. F**k off!

This comment has been brought to you by the letter F.

No F words were used in the making of this comment, rendering it Disney fresh.

Good morrow unto thee.

Peace.
DD.
โ€œGive a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.โ€ -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 4/25/2020 3:44:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello my f***ing comrade

Have you ever considered a vacation in Scotland?

They seem to be very fond of that word up thereBig grin
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Duncan Disorderly
#3 Posted : 4/26/2020 5:24:53 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

potnoble wrote:
Hello my f***ing comrade

Have you ever considered a vacation in Scotland?

They seem to be very fond of that word up thereBig grin

Laughing Aye, lad. The wee Scots are partial to effing and jeffing.

Actually, I have been to Scotland a few times. Mostly, it's f**king beautiful there. I live in the NWUK, so it's only a few hours drive.
โ€œGive a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.โ€ -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Jees
#4 Posted : 4/26/2020 5:58:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my almost all-male work environment we've adapted language which comprises heavy wording and discussion style, it's not a bureaucratic environment but mere industrial hands down. We do have a few female colleagues and I catch myself being less harsh when they're around.

At home I switch to another style of both word choosing and style of expressing. In another environment this might change again.
I've wondered, who am I? Am I weak to have no 1 own style everywhere?
Of course there's a more definite personality shining trough, it just might express differently. I must say I won't counter speak myself, just differ in expression modi.

At those who are the very same everywhere, I wonder if they are more strong/resolute or weak in adaption capabilities.

I tend to suspect being more effective by adaptation, I flow easily in the least of important aspects (being the package) to be more effective in conveying of the message (the content of the package).

Imho much importance is derived from personality-package-style, people thinking they are 'That', and derive a self from that. I don't easily buy into that, it helps when tripping to loosen up who you think you are.

Duncan Disorderly
#5 Posted : 4/26/2020 7:45:42 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Hello again, Jees. Nice to speak to you again. Hope you're well.

I don't think you're weak at all. If anything, you're tactful, intelligent and respectful if you adapt your language according to your situation. Cursing is language I tend to use around someone I feel at ease with, male or female. Usually, you and your friend know neither one will be offended. There are women I know that swear like truck drivers around me, which gives me the freedom to do the same, without worry. When I'm playing poker with my mates in an all-male group, it's almost mandatory to curse.

Eventually, when I am knighted by the Queen of England, I will refrain from peppering my tongue. It's not weak to do this, it's smart. That said, I've sometimes wondered what dictates proper etiquette if the Queen accidentally farts when you're in her presence. Shocked Is there proper etiquette for this? Perhaps one says nothing like it never happened. Or, maybe one is expected to take the blame, apologise, as if they did it, effectively saving the Monarch from embarrassment and protecting the honour of our Queen. Embarrased Gawd bless her cotton knickers.

Maybe there's a medal in it for the person who does this. Maybe this is how I'll eventually get my knighthood. I can only live in hope. Razz

Peace.
DD.

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Jees
#6 Posted : 4/27/2020 5:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm well, and thanks for caring DD Love
Hopefully the same for you, these are weird times.

So funny that queen situation Big grin Big grin

Duncan Disorderly wrote:
...Usually, you and your friend know neither one will be offended...
There are times our dialogues at works are not estimable for outsiders, sometimes we say: "if people could hear all this they would think we're mad at each other". Pitch black humour, raging cynicism, jerkin and exaggerating can have therapeutic values, this is so hard unseen/denied by good intended 'political correct' people. They truly miss the point often, calling out on sour behavior. The problem is that they generalize too hard. There are cases where they are right, but then immediately raise the bar into star high generalization. You are right that the f-word should not be generalized, it can have a rightful place without any harm, on the contrary it can be therapeutic.
I wonder if these overly correct-people have a monthly session in a sound isolation chamber with cushion walls. Or watch George Carlin so he can do some substituted vent-off.

Must be terrible in these bureaucratic environments where the obligated polite smile hides all these dead normal weird wild thoughts that are forbidden to have, but are there nonetheless.

I don't condone rude language when it's hard to distinguish if there's a real problem, better not to push buttons then.

As of late, by being super polite and hiding my f*ck-this feelings could save me from a traffic fine. I did not feel as betraying my true feelings but rather adopting to the temporary circumstances. It would be betrayal if it concerns a long term thing, like forced professional attitude. Isn't it funny when a nice faced politician forgets to turn of the microphone and we can hear some of less acting Laughing

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 4/28/2020 2:53:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never understood why "foul language" would be a problem for anyone.

Context is everything. Some situations require diplomatic language, but we shouldn't have to act like diplomats all of the time.

And in some situations, it would even be inappropriate not to properly express yourself.

Jupitor
#8 Posted : 4/28/2020 8:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Careful. You're going to trigger some folks on here... Laughing

RoundAbout
#9 Posted : 4/28/2020 8:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's about as versatile as um for many people.

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 4/28/2020 9:14:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jupitor wrote:
Careful. You're going to trigger some folks on here... Laughing

Yeah, maybe.

But imagine there would come a day that you would be so unfortunate as to have cheated on your wife or girlfriend, and instead of "why the fuck did you do that, you fucking asshole", she would simply utter "i am not pleased with what you did".

I think most people would agree that the second sentence is much worse than the first, in such a situation.

Duncan Disorderly
#11 Posted : 4/29/2020 8:13:29 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Nice to see some more contributions.

Jees.

Pleased to hear you're well and staying safe. Thanks for your concern. I'm also keeping well. Yes indeed, these are very weird times. Let's hope they pass sooner, rather than later.

Light-hearted banter with your colleagues or friends is how we bond. At least, it's how I do. There is something therapeutic about insulting someone and being insulted by them for a laugh. As far as the do-gooders are concerned, I am always wary of someone who wants to give you free advice. Since it's free, I believe its value is reflected in its description and it's worthless. Mind you, not all free advice lacks value.

Personally, I strive to avoid insults in an argument. Once you cross the line and insult someone, your point becomes mute, no matter how valid it is. The internet is full of people who believe they can win an argument with insults. However, it doesn't take much skill or intelligence to think of something mean to say. The real skill lies in making your point and keeping your dignity.

dragonrider.

I agree. There are times when all you can or should say is, "F**K YOU!" If I wanted to be diplomatic all the time, I would have become a diplomat.

Also, agree about the second sentence. It would sound even more venomous if you added: "sweetheart" or "darling" at the end. There's something chilling about that.

Jupitor.

I welcome all triggers. Wink

RoundAbout.

Um. You've got a point there. Laughing

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra