We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian Rue Cold Brew Options

Pavlovs_Ape
#1 Posted : 4/16/2020 10:37:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got a cold-brew coffee maker last month, had the idea to try it out for a Syrian rue brew, mostly in the hope of saving filtering before manske or freebase. Pulverized a bunch of seeds in my coffee grinder, threw them in with 1 cup/250mL of apple vinegar and 5 cups/1.25L filtered water, popped it in the the fridge. Tried some out 12 hours later, half a glass mixed with a non-dairy chai beverage. Best tasting syrian rue I've ever had, that's for damn sure. The apple vinegar turned the chai drink to apple chai buttermilk, some of the bitterness still comes through, but not unpleasantly, and you get some nuttiness from the seeds as well. And quite strong with no nausea at low dose. I didnt weigh the seeds so I cant really be quantitative at all, I will next time. And no more filtering is required, it's clear. The cold-brew mesh is fine enough to catch even powdered bark. I havent freebased it yet, but I suspect this will be my best extraction both yield and purity wise. I'll post again once I do, but this is definitely the best preparation for Syrian rue I've found.
Pavlovs_Ape attached the following image(s):
20200416_144226.jpg (8,611kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
20200416_144326.jpg (7,716kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
20200416_144400.jpg (8,070kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
20200416_144519.jpg (8,314kb) downloaded 51 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.