We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Better than a Vapegenie? He's mad!" aka The Nectar Collector Options

Pavlovs_Ape
#1 Posted : 4/2/2020 11:14:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is it. The ultimate dmt vaping device, it beautiful and under $100 bucks.
Melt your dmt in the little pyrex dish, heat the one end with a torch, then dip it in and inhale. You get all of it everytime at the perfect temperature. I promise you this is the new way haha.
Pavlovs_Ape attached the following image(s):
Screenshot_20200402-160720_Chrome.jpg (329kb) downloaded 367 time(s).
20200402_154729.jpg (4,802kb) downloaded 350 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Egzoset
#2 Posted : 4/3/2020 6:53:51 AM

Vaporist of Borg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWtcWFfEb2k
YouTube: A Brief History of the Nectar Collector (2018-Aug-16)

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 4/3/2020 6:59:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried one with dmt and didn't care for it. Its easy to get it way too hot and burn the spice. Definitely don't think its nearly as good as a vaporgenie. For dmt. For pot oil I like them alright.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 4/3/2020 1:54:22 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

A little off subject, but I just got a gvg yesterday. I’ve only used it for bud so far, kinda getting the practice part down before I put something more precious in there. Getting good, I was able to clear a whole bowl in 2 1/2 hits, so I’m quite hopeful I’ll be able to clear spice in one. Oooh wee!

🤙
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 4/3/2020 4:02:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on Metta! Happy day!! Best spice pipe ever!! Let us know how your first ride goes.
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Egzoset
#6 Posted : 4/3/2020 6:21:14 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

Tony6Strings wrote:
Definitely don't think its nearly as good as a vaporgenie.

Tony6Strings wrote:
Best spice pipe ever!!

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
...kinda getting the practice part down...

Hear the old news, there's a better VaporGenie than the VaporGenie and it's only available through DiY customization of the VaporGenie because inventor Dan Steinberg never actually implemented his own Fig. 11/12 item as foreseen in the initial ~2 decades old patent. When combined to direct fresh air injection into an hybrid core this causes some major shift of dynamics rendering operation easily/conveniently accessible to practically anyone except perhaps 1-handed individuals... Too bad the GVG ain't ideal for such transformations.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 4/4/2020 6:02:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Egzoset! Salutations,
From what I understand from reading some of your previous posts, you are vaping cannabis with your modified VG pipes. Have you tried using one to vape a dose of dmt? Also, have you then compared this result to vaping dmt from an unmodified genie, both classic and glass?

I present to you the opinion, based on some experience (have smoked several grams dmt through my glass genie at this point, 40 mg or so at a time) that the standard glass sherlock VG is already perfect for use as a dmt pipe. A bed of copper scrub (or a healthstone which is what I use) on which to lay the freebase dmt, is the only modification required.

I understand that you enjoy modding vapor genies. I've seen your thread. Modifying stratocasters and stomp boxes used to be a huge part of my life. I appreciate your enthusiasm!
olympus mon wrote:

Egzoset
#8 Posted : 4/5/2020 6:56:33 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Tony6Strings,

Tony6Strings wrote:
...the standard glass sherlock VG is already perfect...

Too bad i'm forced to differ of opinion radically, it's a design + ritual going back to Y2K while its Fig. 11/12 items were NEVER actually implemented. It turns out my Hybrid Core is terminated with a screen of brass wrapped around SiC Foam, not to mention the LAVACapsule Reversible Near-Symetric scenario would also allow further exploration of an alternate consumption method & ritual where its "Release/Transport" and "Activation" phases are separated, paving the way to enhanced control i figure. In addition the "Packetization" of a temporarily-stored Heat Charge ("Q" expressed in Joules) now implies minimal denaturation by heat once the noble molecules are made airborne, which means simple capsule reversal might even allow convenient reclaim of recrystalized goodies considering the capsule's post-vaporization stage would be followed by a type of filter one may want to be self-heating as an option. Etc., etc.

In any case the title announced a "Better than Vapegenie" option by assuming it was already "perfect" nearly 20 years ago while insistance over using a GVG simply blocks the path to evolution - that's a conceptual defect i actually started to deal with (quite creatively...) as soon as 2013.

Tony6Strings wrote:
I've seen your thread.

It's OKay to let your perceptions of it gain maturity until ready to re-visit, time will pass then the basics shall prove increasingly difficult to reject and ignore: anyway it was never intended as a ready-made product replacement, it's a semi-DiY "Prototyping Platform" intended to provide you and others easy/affordable access to a different set of experiences no longer applicable to the GVG, to be exact. This includes Inlet Water working both as a "Potentializer" for the "Release" phase then as a convenient/sterile Self-Moisturization feature for portable applications - concluded with boosting the particles-filtering ability of a cotton mass that preceeds an eventual optical probe stage for combining analysis of this cotton's captured residues with session profiles recording pressure/velocity and opacity, all of this with "Harm Reduction" in mind to please a greater number of critics... Which is what you appear to equate to stratocasting monster clouds although i'm after "Micro-Bursting" that minimizes "cooking" via the notion of an "Energy Budget" patiently adjusted to match "Q" vs its workload.

Too bad i still seen none of these elementary considerations reflecting in novel alternatives, the only way people can grasp its implications is by experiencing it at the 1st-person until the new perspectives can be transposed, or simple accepted for what it is.

Tony6Strings wrote:
I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Fine, but that was years ago. To me it's now a matter of conviction hoping the concept can survive through a repeated challenge to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW as i haven't been sleeping all along, or just call me a liar...

Pavlovs_Ape
#9 Posted : 4/16/2020 9:53:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Egzoset wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWtcWFfEb2k
YouTube: A Brief History of the Nectar Collector (2018-Aug-16)

Thumbs up

Pavlovs_Ape
#10 Posted : 4/16/2020 10:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I've tried one with dmt and didn't care for it. Its easy to get it way too hot and burn the spice. Definitely don't think its nearly as good as a vaporgenie. For dmt. For pot oil I like them alright.

It definitely takes a bit of fooling around with. The Vapegenie was the same for me though, I wasted my fair share of dmt learning to use that thing properly. It's like sex, you never get it right the first time, you're trying to feel out your partner, and not be nervous, and not think about blasting off wrong or to soon or lacking luster while simultaneously trying to coordinate your movements into some sort of rythm while experiencing things you never have before. And then when you switch partners you gotta learn it all over again. But once you get the basics down pat, you can learn other partners faster and improvise with whatever tools are on hand.

One method I found that worked pretty well for me was to purposely let the tip cool below vaping temperature and then suck a bunch of liquid dmt up into the straw and let it crystallize. Then I can torch tip from the outside and not flame the dmt, run my torch up and down slowly so it melts and drips down to the hot tip. Lots of ways though. Fun to experiment with. I want to get all the pieces just to fiddle around with. It's like Tinker Toys, but for drugs.

Pavlovs_Ape
#11 Posted : 4/16/2020 10:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also works pretty well. That's 3/4"/2.4cm ball of steel wool I bottom if it isnt clear.
Pavlovs_Ape attached the following image(s):
15870716196028272222919220970353.jpg (3,667kb) downloaded 241 time(s).

Egzoset
#12 Posted : 4/17/2020 5:03:41 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Hi again,

Pavlovs_Ape wrote:
It definitely takes a bit of fooling around with. The Vapegenie was the same for me though, I wasted my fair share of dmt learning to use that thing properly. It's like sex, you never get it right the first time...

The applications range is just too narrow with steep boundaries, hence users must compensate with additional lungs effort & operator skills. Transition to blue flames (torching) only half-opens a window while still requiring the core to move closer to its workload, which eventually invites a change of method and ritual when nuisance from "baking" denaturation gradually reveals itself as obvious, once aiming for a bursting/pulse mode implying the energy budget actually needs to match its workload. At that pont a Hybrid Core still has to get combined with controlled injection of fresh air to prove its full potential, so please remember this is NOT even accessible with the genuine GVG layout considering glass is just too fragile for such DiY modifications anyway. In other words that Glass VaporGenie is stuck in the Y2K era when it was 1st patented, clearly making room for a Hybrid Core and yet never implementing it. My customized VaporGenie doesn't call for much fooling at all, nor does its performance rely on training as the risk for error has been trimmed down by dealing properly with delays, after a change from the manufacturer's original slow/steady model to a brief/dense "slingshot" scenario where Energy Charge buildup and Release/Transport get sufficiently separated by design. Despite an analog-like mix of modes such transition-based operation no longer relates to the tricky GVG, the cost being to perform transformations either of the Classic or Bronze Sherlock. Doing so will reflect in a radical limitation of wood burning because now the Heat Charge gets depleted early, instead of wasting it as excess heat, hence also dealing with heat denaturation because that's a Pulse-Heat experiment.

Anyway you don't have to take my word for it, just DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW to gain some perspective of your own... Then the need for the GVG to evolve should become obvious as there shall be no going back IMHO. Now imagine after a digital-like migration to electromagnetic Induction Heat that beats any torch in terms of power and speed - or at least perhaps after inserting an "e-Mesh" inside my SiC Foam sandwich, although this still fails to avoid tiny metal (wire) features that would melt when incandescent.