We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lightning strikes promote mushroom growth Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/15/2020 3:03:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://physicsworld.com...h-of-shiitake-mushrooms/

This seems to be due to the shock wave produced.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 4/15/2020 3:31:52 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

It is interesting. Looks like it is specific to shitake as far as I can tell.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Jagube
#3 Posted : 4/15/2020 7:55:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In this study - yes, but it probably extends to other mushrooms and plants alike.

Quote:
Bizarre as it may seem, atmospheric electricity has long been known to boost the growth of living things, including plants, insects and rats. In 1775, the priest and physicist Giovanni Battista Beccaria of the University of Turin reported, “it appears manifest that nature makes extensive use of atmospheric electricity for promoting vegetation”.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 4/15/2020 11:44:18 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

We can put on some strong bass for them and see what happens.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 4/16/2020 3:46:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
“it appears manifest that nature makes extensive use of atmospheric electricity for promoting vegetation”.
[/quote]
I wonder what Nikolai Tesla would think of that.

BTW, thank you for saying that it probably extends to other mushrooms. Just because a study says one thing doesn't mean we should be closed-minded about the possibilities it implies.

Imagination, it fuels science! Albert Einstein might agree (I'd imagine).
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

WisdomTooth
#6 Posted : 10/15/2020 1:48:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This also applies to plants. Many times after a thunderstorm i notice plants in my garden have grown in a day what would usually take a week or two.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/15/2020 2:16:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's a tangent I'd like to share: the "old wive's tale" that milk curdles during a thunderstorm is a true fact. I have left a cup of fresh (cows') milk outside during a substantial thunderstorm and it completely solidified into a single, tender curd. The milk had not turned the slightest bit sour (as some have hypothesized to be behind this phenomenon) for upon tasting, the curd tasted exactly like the milk did before.

I would hypothesize that the electrical fields from the thunderstorm cause the protein molecules to align and coagulate in a single piece. This implies to me that living organisms will be able to use this polarity inherent in very many proteins to respond to natural electrical fields in various specific ways.

Enhanced plant growth might also be related, of course, to the nitrates that are produced by lightning. Perhaps the electrical response of proteins also allows plants to anticipate and optimize their response to the influx of nutrients. The nitric acid content of thunder rain will cause mobilization of certain nutrients as well, although we shouldn't discount the simple fact that thunderstorms are frequently accompanied by large amounts of rainwater!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli