We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mid-First Extraction - Please help me!! Options

SickLilPsycho
#1 Posted : 3/31/2020 5:19:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone

https://imgur.com/a/B3uQSh9

Is my mix too sloppy? I am using powdered RB

Should I let it dry out a bit before I start adding naptha etc or will it make no difference?

The Gordo website talks about making ‘mud pie’ but mine is more like diarrhea so I don’t know if I have messed up or not?

Thanks!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 3/31/2020 9:06:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

You should be fine, as far as yield/quality are concerned.

If your 'dough' is that thin, it will just be harder to get the nps out of there. If it's more thick, you can basically just pour off the nps. With such a liquid thing, you'll probably have to baster/pipette it off, which will be a bit of a pain.

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 3/31/2020 5:57:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why is the net so crazy about Gordotek? I feel like a boil & base or A/B are appropriate places to start for the extraction of dmt. Are people afraid of the lye?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

SickLilPsycho
#4 Posted : 3/31/2020 7:47:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Homo Trypens wrote:
You should be fine, as far as yield/quality are concerned.

If your 'dough' is that thin, it will just be harder to get the nps out of there. If it's more thick, you can basically just pour off the nps. With such a liquid thing, you'll probably have to baster/pipette it off, which will be a bit of a pain.

Thanks for your reply man. I let it dry out some all day because I don’t have a pipette and it looks much more like it’s supposed to

SickLilPsycho
#5 Posted : 3/31/2020 7:49:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Why is the net so crazy about Gordotek? I feel like a boil & base or A/B are appropriate places to start for the extraction of dmt. Are people afraid of the lye?

This was literally why! Because I was afraid of it blowing up in my face and I am too pretty!

Homo Trypens
#6 Posted : 4/1/2020 8:10:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Tony6Strings wrote:

To be honest, my experience in this regard comes from Limtek, not Gordotek. They're very similar though, main difference is the use of d-limonene vs. naphtha.

I agree that simple STB or A/B are good starting points - that's what i did at the beginning. The reason i eventually tried Limtek was that it uses food safe materials exclusively, and i already had all of them.

These semi-dry teks are extremely easy to perform, they feel more like baking than lab work. There is no boiling, no tedious filtering, no risk of emulsions.

On the other hand, the lime dust hurts if you inhale some (without a mask, hard not to). Yield may not be quite as good as with, say, Cyb's Max Ion.

Hailstorm
#7 Posted : 4/12/2020 11:50:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Tony6Strings wrote:

First, it is on Youtube, which makes it much less intimidating to beginners. Second, it uses food-safe ingredients (vinegar and lime) and common kitchen tools (stand mixer, spatula, spoon, plates, cups, ...). And finally, like any other drytek it produces reduced-yield, super-clean DMT without washing or recrystallization.

It requires quite a bit of labor and time (a single extraction lasts an entire month). It is also incredibly stinky (and toxic) since it forces you to inhale hot Naphtha fumes for 4x10=40 minutes, so an organic vapor respirator and good vent hood are highly recommended.