We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
history of the dmt nexus? Options

Virola78
#1 Posted : 1/6/2010 11:39:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Traveler,

Can you pls tell us about the 'history of the dmt nexus'?
I would love to hear that story...
Perhaps you and the mods can fix something?

Groet,
M

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 1/6/2010 1:18:09 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move" - Douglas Adams

THE SITE

The beginning of the DMT-Nexus however was one of an urgent need. The DMT-World website had just disappeared and one person called BlackClo thought it was needed to fill the void with a new website dedicated to DMT, this became the DMT-Nexus. The site was hosted at www.blackclover.com.au (now defunct).

ME

One day, I came home from the pub with just one, nagging, thought in my mind: "Is this all there is? There must be more and I need to find it!". With this trivial mind-bubblegum set that I was chewing I knew I had to change things. I had heard of this strange substance called DMT and I HAD to know more about it, the time had come to get involved.

So began my search for the spirit molecule.

ME AND THE DMT-NEXUS

When I first came to the then DMT-Nexus it was still very small and there were barely people posting. Five posts a week could be considered as a good week. Pleased
The person running the site was a modest man with his heart in the right place, once you read his posts you knew he was something special.

I read all the info on the forum, asked some questions and started my DMT journeys.

However, after a few months it was clear that the DMT-Nexus was growing and that a lot of people were reading the forum. The monthly limit of available bandwidth was steadily reached faster and faster, up till the moment it was not viable anymore. This was the moment that I offered to Blackclo to host the DMT-Nexus on my own server, plenty of bandwidth there. Blackclo happily agreed and the whole site was moved. This was also the time I registered the dmt-nexus.me domain.

THE TAKE OVER

After the movement of the site to my server the DMT-Nexus had all the space to grow and so it did. While the DMT-Nexus was growing steadily Blackclo got more and more concerned about the DMT-Nexus and if he was doing the right thing with a site like this. This reached its climax when Blackclo told me he wanted to stop with the DMT-Nexus.

As I told Blackclo before, the site was completely his and I would comply with all his wishes, even closing it, changing it completely or handing it over. I asked him one thing however: I asked if I could keep the forum since it was my sincere thought that it would be a terrible thing to waste. At first he wasn't sure about giving the forum to me but later on he agreed that this would be best. What also changed was that he decided to create his own, new, website and that I could keep the DMT-Nexus domain.

This was the start of me as the administrator of the DMT-Nexus.

AFTER THE TAKE OVER

Since then the DMT-Nexus has changed a lot. The pages behind the front page changed, a Wiki was added, the forum got cleaned up and got many new subfora, we slightly shifted to focus from DMT only to also include other entheogens, projects were started like the Hyperspace lexicon and the Enigmaticus, an Attitude and FAQ were included and as our latest great addition we included a chat function.

WHERE TO NOW?

With the DMT-Nexus we will continue increasing and spreading our knowledge of DMT and other entheogens. As a hint I can already tell you that something big with 'expanding resonance' will be added to the DMT-Nexus projects collection soon. Razz

I'm sure I missed a lot of things in this story, I hope the other mods will chime in and add their story to it and maybe in time I will add more of the blanks. I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 1/6/2010 2:43:08 PM

The Great Namah

I remember DMT-World. This is the site that I learned my first tek from. It wasn't the greatest of teks, but I managed to get what we now call raw Jungle Spice (not cleaned with naphtha to remove most of the DMT).

After the fall of DMT-World I remember searching for another DMT forum and eventually I found this site. There were very few posts/day when I joined. 5-10/day was a big deal. After about a year on the site The Traveler decided that he needed a bit of help managing the ever growing DMT-Nexus and I was asked to become a mod. I of course said yes and I'm still here, years later.

Today, compared to years ago, this site has grown into something BIG. We now not only have many useful teks, but we also have ongoing research, projects of different magnituteds, and a lot more great stuff to come.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 1/6/2010 7:52:33 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Really awesome thanks guys, i was wondering how it all started. This site has really grown big in just a few years. Thanks traveler and all the mods and people who helped make this site what it is today!

The Traveler wrote:

With the DMT-Nexus we will continue increasing and spreading our knowledge of DMT and other entheogens. As a hint I can already tell you that something big with 'expanding resonance' will be added to the DMT-Nexus projects collection soon. Razz

Very happy Very happy Very happy

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

psychosisdoses
#5 Posted : 1/6/2010 8:00:49 PM

Derek

trav that was an amazing epic story!
doesnt surprise me at all Smile the nexus sure grew up quick
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

obliguhl
#6 Posted : 1/6/2010 8:42:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's really amazing how much this site grew since I arrived. I don't know how it happened. I guess it was a search after listening to mckenna. I remember maybe 1 or two posts per day and I kept visiting , mostly a couple of times per day. Acolon 5 was one of the first persons who connected with me. The peaceful atmosphere is nothing new, it was created in the old times and passed to the new folks. It works amazingly well even with so many new members.

I think it's because we all share a piece of identity.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 1/6/2010 10:23:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I could remember how I came across dmt nexus... I just know that it seems like a long time now, and it was definitely a very different place.. I also noticed acolon quick quick Smile Also was funny back then, all the el ka bong A/B vs STB discussions Razz

we've come a long way, thanks to all!

gammagore
#8 Posted : 1/6/2010 10:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ye, the Nexus seems to have grown into quite the informative site.

Looking forward to the new addition to the Nexus projects, sounds interesting.

Virola78
#9 Posted : 1/6/2010 10:29:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes that is a nice story.
So ‘Is this all there is? ’ is the question that brings us all together here.
Simple, beautiful : )

Sure having a good time here. Always something of interest to find. And the peaceful and tolerant atmosphere is honorable. Thx for keeping the nexus alive.

Any news on the new project? Razz

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

elphologist1
#10 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:25:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Traveler for the history - I was wondering about this. And thanks for making this forum possible.

I ran across this board when I was reading another board and someone mentioned DMT. Someone replied "well if you really want all the details on DMT checkout dmt-nexus". I checked out this forum and liked the scientific approach to investigation I saw so decided to join.

elphologist

L_Star
#11 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:35:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice the site history should be made a sticky maybe?

R&R
L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

Chaos
#12 Posted : 1/7/2010 2:35:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I joined I guess dmt world and it was great! Then one day poof it was gone. Some time later I found the Nexus! Lurked for a while and learned a lot. Life kept me away for a long time, so it goes. Being able to devote some time to my favorite hobby again I thought I would take a look. I was pretty sure there was nothing new to learn but I would bone up on some old TEC. WHOA!!! was I wrong!

This place is the greatest.
Chaos
My journey starts today.

Pandora
#13 Posted : 1/7/2010 4:11:34 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Virola 78 & Traveler,

Thanks so much for this! Great idea and great to know. I am a newcomer, but I first found out about the Nexus when reviewing references (in particular in their Jungle Spice article)in old copies of The Entheogen Review . . .I'm so glad I did.Smile Cool

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Virola78
#14 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:12:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bet also Antrocles has some nice story to tell about how he got here...
Or did he just google 'DMT' and land here?

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:54:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

gammagore
#16 Posted : 1/12/2010 7:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, il have some free time on my hands end of this week and next week. If no one has given it a go by then il be happy to edit the page.

MR.shroom
#17 Posted : 3/17/2010 8:34:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

whooo i haven't been here in ages Surprised
the site changed soo much since my last visit/post, not even think there's any of my posts alive here Razz anywoo im glad to be back here alot has changed for me aswell(but thats a different trip hehehe) got alot catch up reading to do here,interesting story traveler Cool
gonna check this new site layout and surely ill be posting again very soon

MR.shroom

(that's all very good Doc , but, i still think farting is hilariuous)

hyperspacing
#18 Posted : 7/1/2010 5:49:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this is an old thread but I just read it and wanted to say thanks. Thank you traveler for keeping this site going for it really changed my life. Also I can't imagine a better admin then The Traveler. Always seems open minded and kind. If more people acted like you this world would be a better place.
-thanks again
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

TrustLoveMan
#19 Posted : 7/2/2010 6:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love to think of this website as a rag-tag bunch of misfits, banding together to bring knowledge to the world. You guys went from a few posts to thousands. Pat your selfs on the back! This is THE most curious and kind forum I've ever posted on. Thanks!
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

Touche Guevara
#20 Posted : 7/2/2010 6:32:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome history lesson. Like visiting city hall to learn about your home town's past Smile

I love this place. The respect and attention to safety that pervades the forum eventually works its way outward to places where the less-educated people can learn how to change their ways to be more conscious of the repercussions. I love that even places like Shr***ery are full of links to non-toxic food-safe teks now.

123NEXT