We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for wisdom Options

OliverJ
#1 Posted : 4/6/2020 10:25:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow psychonauts!

Yesterday I tried my first ever home made, "legit" Ayahuasca brew, using yellow Caapi vines and Chaliponga leaves.

I have done plenty of Syrian Rue, Mhrb and chaliponga previously, however using the vine is new to me.

I followed Eaglepaths recommendations - 100g Caapi, and 20g Chaliponga. This is how it went down.

Spent a day simmering and reducing down 100g Caapi into roughly 80ml of liquid. It became a viscous syrupy brown colour.

Spent around 3 hours cooking and reducing down 20g Chaliponga leaves into 200ml liquid. The Chaliponga, as in my previous cooks, I kept just below boiling.

After having not eaten for approximately 5 hours I consumed half of the Caapi mix. I waited 30 mins and drank half the Chaliponga mix.

Within 10 minutes my stomach felt quite unpleasant so I went to lie down and put on some calm music. My thoughts started flying away and some pink and blue colours came into my mind. I thought to myself, excellent, here we go! I got comfy and waited for the magic to begin.

I then wake up after having fallen asleep, it has been around 30 minutes and I feel almost totally normal. I wait 10 more minutes and then drink the rest of the Caapi and the rest of the Chaliponga mix.

I feel nauseous but not tripping at all.

I wait 45 minutes. My guts hurt horrendously and I feel kind of rough. Feel very slightly spacey. I decide to give up on the venture and start making some food. Whilst moving around i'm having hot sweats, I have mild tremor in my hands and at one point the top of my head was tingling.

I proceed to have horrendous gut pain for an hour or two and eventually spend quite a long time on the toilet.. Embarrased

After which I then felt completely back to normal.

When I've used the Chaliponga and Syrian rue before it was incredibly potent. What went wrong ?

Thank you Love

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Eaglepath
#2 Posted : 4/6/2020 10:53:31 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Hello Oliverj.

Im sorry to hear that.. Its many factors that can play a part.. Not potent material, your way of consuming it, Ayahuasca didnt want to let you in yet due to some pre cleaning procedure first etc etc..

But your approach is different to mine..

This is how I do..

1kg Yeallow Caapi and 200g of Chaliponga in one big pot. I fill this with water and let it sit over night..

Next day I cook it outside over fire for around 12 hours.. The day after I continue some hours more.. I use nearly 50litrs of water and in the end reduce it down to 1 litr. Probably doing 5-6 water change in the pot.

Then I consume 5cl, wait 30min and then consume 5cl more. After 1 hour it starts.. And then usually transform into a 2 hours strong journey that can be compared to a somhow prolonged smoked DMT experience. It is STRONG!

I have given this brew and these amounts to a lot of people at this point and so far no one has been short of experienceSmile

Maybe next time cook them together for a full day, reduce down to 10cl and take that approach as described.

Good luck my friend.
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Jees
#3 Posted : 4/6/2020 10:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the groups I did there was always some person(s) that had a no go.
For those who had a trip their experiences ranged too, from mild to strong.
The doses were likely lower than Eaglepath's style.
All had same brew and quite the same volume too.

Did you have tracers, like visual after effects when moving the eye field or your arm?
If you had no tracers at all, you did not had enough harmalas effectively in your system for some reason, and then this would explain the whole dud. 100caapi should bring on the tracers.

In the vid it's like a constant organic stream, but my harmala tracers differ a lot and are chopped up in discrete portions. At higher levels these tracers begin to live their own very life, and might start flapping around if they were huge (alien?) entity insects but I cant focus on them because they escape my focus field as if they're fouling around. Maybe that feat is a personal anecdote, maybe also because the brews had a lot of admixture plants, pinch of mapacho, a pinch of brugmansia, but you should have seen some form of tracers. I hope you did as a near prerequisite for success.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 4/7/2020 4:30:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to work with extracted alkaloids so that I know exactly how much I am taking and can achieve consistent results every time. 200 mg harmaline/harmine mix, 100 mg dmt has consistently been effective. Hell, last time it took me for quite the ride. Maybe start with 75 mg spice.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

tregar
#5 Posted : 4/11/2020 2:38:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Oliver, thanks for sharing your very well written experience. I won't go near chaliponga again, but have dreamed caapi + hawaiian psychotria over 60 heavenly times. Chali (tried 3 times) also gave me very real cold sweats, bad nausea and near tremmors, too many very unpleasant physical symptoms. The sweats were bad along with the anxiety, just stick with psychotria and never looked back. And the unpleasant physical symptoms with chali lasted for hours...there is a reason it is only recommended to adavanced Shamans. Psychotria is truly heavenly and very safe. There is a reason it is used soley by the UDV and Santo Daime.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Eaglepath
#6 Posted : 4/11/2020 7:38:26 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Quote:
.there is a reason it is only recommended to adavanced Shamans

You can come to me for an intensive course no problemsVery happy
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

donfoolio
#7 Posted : 4/12/2020 9:50:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed, Ayahuasca works on many levels, as you surely know, and as you can see in big groups - even with the same dosage, people react quite different every time. Sometimles inner cleaning is the own remarkable effect - a friend of mine only felt pain for a couple of trips, possibly linkead to her lyme-diseae before things become more impressive.

Other possibilities - lack of alcaloids due to storage or low potency of the leaves - this is quite possible if you don't know the source very well.

I had a brew of Acacia/Caapi one day, cooked down on the fire the whole night in a ritual setting, that had only really really mild effects. I decided to rereduce the brew after, only a few mLs and it kicked the hell out of us.

So, dosage can quite play a role. Between 200 mL of liquid or 100 mL more concentrated, it can change alot, but this is only true if you have more than one dosage liquid.

Keep on trying and don't get too imprudent about your experience. Have in mind that the same amount could probably work really well next time.
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!