We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Naphtha Aint Seperated ? Options

vibrancy3
#1 Posted : 1/5/2010 1:37:15 PM

Josh

Ok so the tek swim is using is a preety simple straight forward tek!

here is the link >>>>

http://www.dmt.20m.com/

(Just to give everyone a brief view)

The problem swim is getting is that the solvent used (naphtha) is not seperating from the water/lye/mimosa hostills solution!

Swim knows this is because after letting it settle overnight instead of adding the 50ml of naphtha straight away! swim shaked the solotion before adding the solvent then carried onto the next step. This has caused the solvent to not seperate after the water bath.

Does anyone know how swim can save the solution and not potentially throw away 20g of mimosa & 50ml of lighter fluid ?

Any help of any sort would be greatly appriciated......

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

L_Star
#2 Posted : 1/5/2010 2:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello and welcome.

Firstly U should change your location away from Bournmouth, maybe to in the sky Very happy

And what did u use Naptha, or lighter fluid? as there is differences.

In any case u have either shook it to hard and have an emulssion that is to difficult to seperate.

But u can add more, of your Base ingredant, and/ or give it a gentle heat in a water bath.

IT could be possible that the lightlfluid u ave used is pants.
If all fails discard and start again.
20g of mimosa is kinda of a waste of time for the work u do, do either 50g plus.

R&R
L

Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

vibrancy3
#3 Posted : 1/5/2010 3:29:59 PM

Josh

Hello,

Thanks for answering swim's question! swim used k2 lighter fluid & yes did shake it hard! (figured give hard shake just to be safe)

Ok soo when you say ''base ingredient'' do u mean the water used ??

thanks for help..............

L_Star
#4 Posted : 1/5/2010 4:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Base ingrediant = the stuff you put in the water to make it PH 13

K2 lighter fluid sounds shoddy, you need evaporate taht by its self and see what residues it leaves.

Then yes you have shaken it to hard and formed an emullsion that wont split easily.
Tehrefore add more base ingredient.

But to be honest id stop, start again, get a better non-polar solvent then (k2 lighter fluid).

When you next need to mix somthing like that. You turn it end over end carefully for a period of time (few mins) then let it seperate.

R&R
L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

endlessness
#5 Posted : 1/5/2010 4:59:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vibrancy3
#6 Posted : 1/5/2010 5:59:49 PM

Josh

So your saying maybe add another 2-3g's of the lye powder to the batch i ****** up & give it another water bath and see if that clears the emulsion.

Kazoo...
#7 Posted : 1/5/2010 9:04:52 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

remember emulsions are formed by vigorous shaking, try just rolling your vessel gently side to side end over end, or use a glass rod to gently stir the solution. gentle mixing is the key.... avoid vigorous shaking.....
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 1/5/2010 9:17:20 PM

The Great Namah

Don't discard anything!

Three simple steps should take care of your problem.

1) add a lot of table salt - 1 cup is not too much for your extraction. This will not contaminate your final product.
2) heat gently for an hour or two in a hot water bath
3) tap/vibrate the jug. This helps a lot. If you have a massager use it, you'd be surprised at how fast vibrations can get rid of emulsions.

All three of these will reduce/eliminate emulsions.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Kazoo...
#9 Posted : 1/5/2010 9:29:42 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

acolon_5, step #3 is genus, never thought of that. thanks!!!

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 1/5/2010 9:53:45 PM

The Great Namah

^ no problem...that's why were on here, to share thoughts, ideas, and tricks of the trade.

Truly, the Hitachi "massager" is the most amazing tool for breaking up emulsions, but if you don't own one of these wonders, you can always ask the wife/gf for a vibrator, just turn it on, stick it on (never in) the jug and wait for a bit...
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

vibrancy3
#11 Posted : 1/5/2010 10:40:09 PM

Josh

Well swim is impressed! you all sound like proper dmt guru's

Soo just to confirm acolon_5............

I want to add around a coffee cup full of salt to my ****** solution & INSTEAD of shaking again! Heat it in a water bath for usual time (4hours) with occasionally using a ''vibrating'' device (lol) to spur on the seperation.

Well it sounds like a cushty little trick there! i will put your steps into action and wish me luck Very happy

psychosisdoses
#12 Posted : 1/5/2010 10:52:39 PM

Derek

good luck that should work
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

vibrancy3
#13 Posted : 1/5/2010 11:07:42 PM

Josh

Thanks for the useful help/trip'n'tips nexus crew!

Swim will put this tip into practise tomo and let you know the results Rolling eyes

Kazoo...
#14 Posted : 1/5/2010 11:28:30 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

kazoo likes mixing but hates emulsions, when you got your vessel of base and non-polar the key is to swirl, mix and roll it around as much as you see fit but to not go over the point of the two parts emulsifying, you can reach this perfect zen state of agitation without breaking the layers all the while mixing and rolling and releasing the goodies....

....practice makes perfect...

vibrancy3
#15 Posted : 1/6/2010 8:53:50 PM

Josh

Hey acalon_5,

I took your advise & poured a tea cup full of salt into my mixture! i am heating it in water bath (by this i mean my sink with hot water turned to highest, how i usually do it) i am tapping the bottle and using a shaver to vibrate the bottle! but nothing is happening or u shure that was right amount of salt? cause alll i can see now is a bottle with salt filled 3/4 way up and my mixture way @ the bottom of bottle

vibrancy3
#16 Posted : 1/6/2010 9:05:54 PM

Josh

or you shure i should not have just poured like 1/5 of a coffee cup full of salt into the solution, cause this dont look right @ all??? does the salt evapourate or something ect........

vibrancy3
#17 Posted : 1/6/2010 9:11:30 PM

Josh

Spiceman wrote:
It is impossible to over-basify..... at ph 13.4 emulsions stop forming and unless something is wrong with your materials then they WILL seperate. Godspeed!

Thing is swim dont have a ph meter, swim done this experiement as its simple, swim is new to this & choose a tek that aint all dmt jargon like! basically the last 2 pulls swim done were very good. but these two have seemed to have created an emulsion