We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Using a Crafty Vaporizer Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 1/24/2019 1:59:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hi there!

This thread was at first created as I was not getting results at the first try with my new Crafty Vaporizer. But this has very quickly disappeared. Therefore normally that thread would be senseless, but I think I may create a guide here to tell how to use one for it!

YES I know that there is already this nice Post here at the nexus which is a guide for the Crafty.

However I have at least some interesting additional things to share, which definetly made it more worthy to use. But I will do it within the next weeks.

Here is a picture of this nice thing:

here are the *liquid pads* which are used to vape pure Spice:

So I will start writing something here soon.

The next posts can be ignored as they were from that time where in this first post had another content. Stay tuned, I will add some nice pictures.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 1/24/2019 2:46:44 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi, this is what I use. It works great.

No need to premelt I think, how did you do that? I just put the spice on top of the pad.

I've found that you need at least ~170C to start getting consistent efftects.

What may have happened is that during the premelt and/or low temp step you moved the spice around a little but did not get it into your lungs. Try to add some fresh spice and directly vape at a higher temp (no premelt, no low temp attempt) so the spice can get into you and not end up condensing somewhere else.

Good luck.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 1/24/2019 11:30:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Thanks!

Yes I KNOW that this device should definetly be worth it and that it WILL work. But as told above simply nothing happened.

The thing is:

You say I should not premelt it (and yes it should also work very nicely this way), but when I use that *pre-melted* Pads in a simple glass bong and heat them up, then the effect works extremely well.

This is exactly what I was doing all the time - those Pads, same dosage and then just start the process - it always works extremely well. So I just want to add this here as the basic setup is normally totally fine, I really could not believe that the pre melt would work outside of the Crafty, but not inside the device.

Gonna check our way soon.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 1/24/2019 12:10:57 PM

❤️‍🔥

Ah, well if the premelt is known to work then you may have started at too low of a temperature. Since 20mg where loaded they may have moved into the device (just barely) and due to the low temp condensed somewhere on their way to you. If so the spice is no longer available to heat up again since it moved.

In short, the spice may have ended up in limbo because of the 160F step.

Below is a picture of of my crafty at the moment. I don't bother weighing DMT anymore since the temperature control her and the LED color changing helps with consistent hits (but of course allways start by weighing it until you are familiar with the device). The leftover spice just sits in the crafty waiting. Over time and after several uses it truns a very dark red (and gets smaller as it is used up over time). The color change does not seem to affect anything (petency, effects, etc).
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190124_071137340.jpg (2,521kb) downloaded 621 time(s).

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 1/24/2019 2:20:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok and you definetly just place the spice on top of it and start vaping at 180 °C?

I will try it as said.

But I REALLY would love the premelt method to work also (just as is is mentioned everywhere that it works - and also it works 1000 % nicely when I use the liquid pads in a bong), because then you can premelt like 10 of those and take them everywhere you want - also no additional weighing or anything like this needed.

Yes - I also noticed that upon heating it turns dark, but chemically no difference was observed (as seen in that Tests in my Signature in Chapter 6).

The last idea I have:

Could the device simply be somehow *broken*, that the temperature is not that high nevertheless?

Meaning that even when I did a higher Temperature, the chamber was only like 100 °C hot perhaps?

Because then I would need a test how to definetly verify that it simply does not get as hot as the temperature control is set - but then ... the Crafty App would not show that the Temperature is all the time at the correct point ... : \

ducdevil
#6 Posted : 1/24/2019 3:07:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have a Crafty but have found it unsuitable for spice - problem is, with such a small battery, it cannot maintain temperature. as soon as you start drawing the temp begins to drop quickly. just check your app (if you use it, since that's the only way to change the temp) and you will see that right after you draw, the temp is (at least for me) roughly 10-15 degrees lower than the set temp.

the Mighty is a much better option; more powerful battery makes it possible to maintain temp. both, however, are not optimum - i have used the Mighty for changa pretty successfully.

hope this helps a bit...

Loveall
#7 Posted : 1/24/2019 4:37:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

Yeah try fresh straight on the pad at a high temp. Should work. Just level the spice so it is below the top rim and does not get pushed aside when closing the cover. You can also test the crafty it with mullein or similar and make sure you get smoke from that.

ducdevil, how many second do you draw before the temp drops enough for the LED to change color? For me it is 10+ seconds and that's plenty to get a good hit. Also, I'm surprised you got changa to work with these kind of devices, but I have not tried the mighty. What I do is drink harmala salts dissolved in water before vaping.

ducdevil
#8 Posted : 1/25/2019 4:49:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey Loveall...

the Mighty is the ONLY electronic vape i've ever had success with in regards to Changa, and i've never had an electronic vape work with FB spice. gave up after a while....i'm a GVG evangelist really....in my experience, once getting "technique" down, the GVG is unparalleled. i use the HealthStone inside the GVG - never looked back. i dabbled in e-juice for a while but eventually stopped because i like to know my dose going in. with e-juice i would sometimes get more than i bargained for... Surprised

i would set the Mighty at 375f - to be honest i'm probably not getting the full effect of the harmalas; 375f isn't quite hot enough to vape them properly but i did get pronounced effects that were significantly different than FB alone. any higher and i'd probably heat the FB too much.

one thing i do, however, is to use my Crafty to vape 10x caapi leaves prior to FB. i pack the compartment with some 10x caapi and set the temp over 400f - i get some nice hits from that. usually 3 hits from the Crafty about 10minutes before FB is enough to noticeably enhance the journey.

i agree: consumed or sublingual harmalas are the way to go. even 15mg sublingually does the trick for me.

Brennendes Wasser
#9 Posted : 1/28/2019 2:24:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok well I tried it once again and IT WORKED!

Nothing again at 170 °C - so instantly did 200 °C.

And indeed, the effect was there.

I am really confused that the last time, where I also did 200 °C in the end, granted nothing.

Maybe it was like this:

150 °C = nothing evaped

then I continually highered it, and there was all the time SOME evaporating, meaning that at 1 pull at 1 temperature, there was always only a very tiny amount.

so when I finally came to ...

200 °C = it would have been evapped all at once, but nothing was there remaining

I definetly have to test more with it, but based on this I would say: Yeah, no problems with that!

I premelted it - again - and therefore just as mentioned everywhere else this is not a problem. It is also pretty cool, as you can take your premelted STEALTHY (;P) liquid pads everywhere.

The point of the battery which is too weak to ensure large inhalations is not wrong based on my first tries:

Even when you take a 10 second long inhalation, then maaaayybee it will start to drop at second 8 and it will only drop like 2-5 °C, so it wont be a problem at all if you start high enough already.

I have to make more efforts with this, but so far I think the vapor is even smoother than with my self-built GVG (the Green Buddha - here on the forums available to build).

Also I definetly have to mention: There is a slight delay with the effect.

You exhale, but then you are left with like 5 seconds to 10 seconds until you start the effect, not instantly after exhaling when the air was kept in for 15 seconds.

Interesting, as it is DEFINETLY a hige different to the regular vaping in this manner, even if it is only by 5 seconds or so Rolling eyes Laughing

Loveall
#10 Posted : 1/28/2019 4:20:17 PM

❤️‍🔥

Glad you got it to work at the higher temperature. To clarify, You saying that the battery is strong enough to vape DMT, right?

It seems like the manufacturer is continually improving the Crafty since it first came out in 2014. The different results reported between people may be due to changes in the model over time. I got my Crafty ~ late 2017/ early 2018.

One thing I can say is that it works for me. In a dark room, the LED light color changes, the black hard smooth ribbed plastic, the vibration when it reaches temp - it all adds to the hyperspace ambience. I also like not to having to handle a flame.

I've wanted to weight the pad before/after inhaling at different temperatures (stopping when the LED changes color) to understand how much is vaporized vs temperature. I Haven't gotten around to doing/trying this data collection, but if someone attempted this work and could report on it, that would be great. Seems like we would need to add the model version to the data also.

Brennendes Wasser
#11 Posted : 1/28/2019 5:55:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Yes I have the 2018-+20%-battery-version of the Crafty ; )

And considering that vaporization test, this was exactly what I wanted to do, too!

Yesterday evening it became too late, but I really need to collect some data and I will post it here.

Maybe I should change the Title as this is no appealing to others that want general information about the crafty ...

You wanna know what is really funny? Even though I was already preparing myself to do this testing, I was SO ÜBER DUMB, that I did not come in mind that I can simply weigh them before (loaded) and after (first or after first+second pull).

I was considering vaping, then dissolving everything out of the pad and weighing it.

Omg ... how could I be so silly, good that you mentioned it this way xD Rolling eyes Very happy Laughing Big grin

Loveall
#12 Posted : 1/28/2019 7:48:45 PM

❤️‍🔥

Well, it will only work if the pad is light enough for the miligram scale. It feels very light so I'm hoping that it does. Fingers crossed.

ducdevil
#13 Posted : 1/29/2019 4:15:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting
i guess i should add that my Crafty is probably one of the original, first releases. this no doubt has something to do with the shoddy battery performance. thanks for pointing this out.
almost tempted to get a new one!
i wonder if they have kept updating/improving the Mighty?

Brennendes Wasser
#14 Posted : 1/29/2019 12:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well so it seems that for every stuff that is improved on the crafty, the mighty has undergone the same.

Well still it could be just any other random reason for you that it did not work out so well, but there were mostly sources in the internet that told that it will turn out fine!

That's why I bought it.

I have not tried to vaporize really big hits with it and I have yet to try if it works or if they vaporize too slowly.

BUT when I try to vaporize huge FB amounts in my Green Buddha, then I cannot take a big hit at once as I would cough upon this big amounts. So I have to do it in 2 pulls anyways in that device.

So if the Crafty might not vaporize 50 mg while doing one long pull, it would not matter anyways, as I would not be able to get this when doing the other route anyways.

Still I find that 20 mg also seems STILL MORE smooth than the GVG-alternative. It was already told that the GVG is the smoothest device and I think that the Crafty is even smoother, as the heat control is even better (how could you ever beat an eletronic device with Temp.-control).

Therefore just based on the same amounts of Spice, the Crafty makes me getting more Hits as the vapor is easier to inhale.

Therefore if the Crafty would be able to vaporize 50 mg in one hit, it would even be better than the Green Buddha, as I CAN vaporize it there, but I cannot inhale it in 1 toke.

And still: If the Crafty can only vaporize 25 - 30 mg in one toke, then it wont be that bad, as I would just do 2 tokes, as I would do with the Green Buddha anyways.

Therefore so far I am really satisfied, but I have not done any tests since the 2nd one.

Quote:
Well, it will only work if the pad is light enough for the miligram scale. It feels very light so I'm hoping that it does. Fingers crossed.

Well but I think you are using a *regular* Milligramm Scale and all Scales I saw have a max of 20 g.

So this would defiiiinetly be much more than needed for 1 pad. : )

Loveall
#15 Posted : 1/29/2019 10:45:58 PM

❤️‍🔥

ducdevil wrote:
interesting
i guess i should add that my Crafty is probably one of the original, first releases. this no doubt has something to do with the shoddy battery performance. thanks for pointing this out.
almost tempted to get a new one!
i wonder if they have kept updating/improving the Mighty?

This is very interesting. If there are any other Nexians out there with Crafty experience reading this would be good to know what results they get vs model update. Here is a Nexian reporting results the liked at very low temp (150C) back in 2015.

Brennendes Wasser
#16 Posted : 2/12/2019 11:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Ok so I think I figured out how to get it right!

Indeed 170 °C is already high enough.

I think the problem was the following:

If the Spice is melted into the pad and directly start vaping when the temperature is reached und heat is flowing through the pad, then the Spice will not vaporize directly, as the temperature of the pad is still much lower than 170 °C.

Therefore you need to leave it on 170 °C a bit for the liquid pad inside the chamber to also reach a high temperature. With this short waiting period, then 170 °C is definetly good to go!

And indeed you cannot vaporize 50 mg at once for a 1 hit. But I also cannot smoke it when using a regular Device like the green buddha (= GVG), but for another reason, being that it is simply too much vapor for me to hold in. Therefore it does not matter, that it does not vaporize so quickly, as I would take a huge hit in several small hits anyways when I would use the green buddha.

Therefore it is simply perfectly fine!

I can load 50 mg into one pad and then just pull until I do not feel comfortable anymore and then do the next inhalation.

And the limit for one inhalation is still the comfortness in my lungs, so the vaporization speed is NOT the bottleneck, meaning that the device is perfect.

Maybe at one day I will become so familiar with the vape, that I could inhale like 30-40 mg at once and then MAAAYBE this will not be possible with the Crafty in 1 single 15-sec-toke. But even then inhaling a big hit in 2 hits will still not be bad.

Therefore the money turned out to be well invested Love

Also the smoke is even smoother like in the green buddha as the temperature control is the best you can get (yeah how can you beat an electronic device?)

PS:
Soon I can post a picture of how to premelt liquid pads like a sir!

Loveall
#17 Posted : 2/17/2019 11:29:31 AM

❤️‍🔥

Sounds good. You can also try to skip the premelt. That's what I do cause I'm lazy and it works for me. To each their own of course.

Brennendes Wasser
#18 Posted : 2/18/2019 9:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Yes of course : )

But JUUUUST IN THEORY I think it is a little more beneficial to premelt, if there is a difference at all.

My idea is that if it melts it gets the most surface shared with the liquid pad and spreads to a maximum within the pad - or at least much more within the structure of that pad.

Of course when placing on top it is nicely exposed to the air. But the air MUST flow through the pad. So inside that pad it is just as exposed to the hot ais as sitting on top. And being much more spread with a higher surface it should be more likely to vaporize.

Well ... maybe NOT. But IF there is 1 of them vaporizing faster, it should be the premelted. But again: only IF it makes a difference.

And last but not least: 2 really nice reasons

1.) you can premelt it and take it everywhere. Yeah ... you will not feel the need to do it in the bus. But still: Having he possibility to just put them in your bag and travel around is cool. And you dont need to do 1. You can premelt 10 of those or even more!

Just put the old pad out and throw the new one in.

which comes to the

2.) you do not need a big hastle to get from 1 dose to the next one. Just get your pad out and place the next in. Why is this nice? You will be in the need to weigh the next dosage. Or if you already weighed it, then you still do not need to try putting it on top of that evenly.

Yes ... its easy ... but I especially mean this regarding if you smoke and you are in 50 % hyperspace or maybe even only 10 %. Then just fiddle that one out and slap the new one in and you can continue the journey. Otherwise it will take at least SOME more cognitive / motoric intelligence / skills to hop from one to another hit.

But again those are reasons that may be abundand for alot of people. But it should just be kept in mind that this COULD be beneficial in some cases = )

ducdevil
#19 Posted : 5/28/2019 4:10:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just wanted to bump here...see if there's been any more experience/research using the Crafty. anyone found the optimal temp range? maximum amount that a liquid pad will hold? pre-melt vs. unmelted?
i'm going on a little vacation and wanted to take the Crafty along....
if anyone has had more experience and has anything to share, please do Smile
thanks

HolderChert
#20 Posted : 4/5/2020 10:40:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Another vote for crafty. Ever since I found this thread last summer this is the only thing I use. Everything has already been said I my experience is very similar, 180 C is where mine stays set and it’s set to increase to 190 with double click at the end of the session or to clear it before next session. I’ve tried hotter and it resulted in burning the material, and any cooler wasn’t vaporizing quick enough. One difference ime is that for whatever reason I can’t load up on mine like loveall does because my unit will noticeably waste spice in between sessions if I do this. I’ve thought of taking it out after a session while it cools but it’s a sticky mess and I’m sure you can imagine impossible most of the time when you’re broken through. So I weigh my doses on a milligram scale.

Hope it works out for you.

HC

12NEXT