We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharmahuasca Tincture ? Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 12/20/2009 6:29:18 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I like glowing solutions and dosing with a dropper ...
Has anyone tried to make a vial of pharmahuasca tincture ?

Would you mind sharing your recipe ?

Does this have a downside ?
Will the alkaloids breakdown faster when in ethanolic solution ?
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 12/20/2009 6:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I don't see why an alcohol tincture containing DMT harmine and THH would degrade.

You could even make a liquid tincture with citrate salts and that should keep quite nicely and can include any alkaloid you care to throw into the mix.

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 12/20/2009 7:08:39 PM

Derek

talk about nasty
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

۩
#4 Posted : 12/20/2009 7:13:59 PM

nasty if administered sublingually,
but incognito!

I'd like to drip drip a bit in some OJ...

Observant
#5 Posted : 12/20/2009 7:24:31 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Sure its nasty if you try to use it sublingually , if thats what psychosis wanted to say .

A ready made Tincture would be much more practical than capsules me thinks .
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 12/20/2009 7:39:13 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, what is the point of the tincture?
You need MAOIs to act in the stomach and gut and protect the spice before it moves to the bloodstream (and eventually the brain).

So what do you try to achieve by pharma tincture? if anyway dmt sublingual absorption was working nicely, then you'd use dmt alone.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Observant
#7 Posted : 12/20/2009 7:53:30 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

It glows brightly under blacklight / premixed but not as dosage bound as with capsules (they dont always do the job) /
It doesnt look very drug like , if stored in a perfume bottle or such , but one could of course also design a stylish Label for the dropper Bottle.

I dont claim pharma sublingual is any good , thats not my point. Is it because of the term tincture ?
Tinctura composita = Extract or Solution of various Plants , most often 70%vol Ethanol

... one or two grams of mushrooms would be an interesting addition for such a tincture (if 96% alc is used, otherwise enzymes could break down psilocybin)

nadir
#8 Posted : 12/20/2009 8:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:

... one or two grams of mushrooms would be an interesting addition for such a tincture (if 96% alc is used, otherwise enzymes could break down psilocybin)

like the tincture idea. psilocybin is insoluble in ethanol as far as I remember, but psilocin isn't.
Is that right?
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

Observant
#9 Posted : 12/20/2009 8:46:34 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I think psilocin is also ethanol soluble , but it extracts slower and degrades faster .
If too much water is present and no Vitamin C is added the Psilocybin might get converted to Psilocin which further degrades to "blueness"

psychosisdoses
#10 Posted : 12/20/2009 9:00:35 PM

Derek

what i wanted to say was exactly what i did
that would taste nasty

i guess yes its incognito if that gets you off more power to ya

but capsules work fine i dont see any reason to taste it if you dont have to
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 12/20/2009 9:05:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Quote:
but capsules work fine i dont see any reason to taste it if you dont have to
amen to that!
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 12/21/2009 1:52:45 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

nadir wrote:
Observant wrote:

like the tincture idea. psilocybin is insoluble in ethanol as far as I remember, but psilocin isn't.
Is that right?

Pure ("freebase" psilocybin is insoluble/very poorly soluble in ethanol. But the form of psilocybin in the mushrooms (some salt presumably) is soluble in ethanol. SWIM has made crude extract of semilanceatas (primarily containing psilocybin) using pure ethanol and it worked fine.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#13 Posted : 12/21/2009 6:11:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
I like glowing solutions and dosing with a dropper ...
Has anyone tried to make a vial of pharmahuasca tincture ?

Would you mind sharing your recipe ?

Does this have a downside ?
Will the alkaloids breakdown faster when in ethanolic solution ?

SWIM's friend has done this. His friend used a store bought harmaline tincture and added DMT to it. The tincture was water based and preserved with acetic acid and not alcohol. Alcohol would degrade harmaline, so it's not a good idea to use it for making a pharmahuasca tincture. According to his friend, this worked very well.

If you don’t use alcohol, you’ll need to add something to it to preserve it. There are many things that will preserve it. The last thing you want is your tincture spoiling. People use alcohol because it’s a great preservative and easy to get. If you use something other than alcohol, make sure you research the proper amount to use. For example, sugar can preserve it, but the amount needed is a certain percentage, I forget the amount.

I like tinctures myself. I have several tinctures I purchased. I don’t like pills. They never work well for me. I prefer everything dissolved in tea, juice, or coffee. I’ve found nearly all things work better that way.

As for the taste, there are many ways to hide the taste. For example, coffee very effectively hides the taste of a small dose of mescaline (up to 100 mg). Also spices like cinnamon, kola nut, etc., are great for hiding such tastes.

As far as I see it, there’s really no downside to using tinctures unless you like taking capsules because of the flavor issue some people have with tinctures. Tinctures are nearly always more effective, more convenient, and doses can be more accurately measured. For example, a capsule that’s 500 mg, is 500 mg. A tincture where 1 dropper is 500 mg can be divided into small drop doses each containing far less. You can take 1/2 of a dropper for a 250 mg dose. With a capsule, dosage adjustments like that are impossible without opening the capsule and re capping it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Observant
#14 Posted : 12/21/2009 6:46:34 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Thank you very much Ron . That was a very useful posting for me .
I know pharmacies carry Passionflower Tinctures - I am quite sure one could dissolve pharma in one of those . Harmala Tinctures , of course are great too .
Maybe there are even other Options , different herbal tinctures.
Guess i will think about this alittle bit . Lupulin comes to Mind

Espiridion
#15 Posted : 1/2/2010 6:27:01 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Sublingual MAOIs work very well in my opinion and one can use MUCH MUCH LESS that way over the waste of oral use.
I use THH or CAAPI alkaloids under the tongue and then ~15-20 min later I use freebase spice sulingually.
It burns but it is totally manageable and goes away in a few minutes.
The journey with caapi is identical to an AYA journey but without the nausea. Also, strangely it lasts LONGER. I don't know why but every time I've tried it it has gone well over the two hour mark.

This is with a mere ~20-35mg of alks! Take the stomach out of the equation!

A tincture is a GREAT idea and will work if used sublingually. Perhaps things could be added to reduce the burn, like an extract of the toothache plant for instance, maybe some other topical anaesthetic. But one need not use a great deal of harmalas to achieve the effect.

More to come,

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

nadir
#16 Posted : 1/2/2010 6:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so if swim wants to make a tincture will dissolving x ammount of freebase harmine and y ammount of freebase spice in vinegar work?
I know it's better to have fumarate, but it's very difficult in the area swim lives.

EDIT:
how about ascorbic acid? have anyone tried it?

Evening Glory wrote:

nadir
#17 Posted : 1/3/2010 10:17:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is it possible to make dmt and harmine ascorbate by adding ascorbic acid?Rolling eyes

Evening Glory wrote:

nadir
#18 Posted : 1/6/2010 6:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so swim dissolved ascorbic acid in water @ ph ~ 3.5
then he put freebase spice(160mg) and after sometime it dissolved.
later he took 560 mg of freebase harmine/harmaline and put into solution, the solution immediately became yellowish,but it seems that harmine/harmaline didn't dissolve..
he added some lemon juice (few ml) but it didn't help - yellow solution with white residue at the bottom
guys, what could go wrongWut?

Evening Glory wrote: