We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
23aka32 Options

23aka32
#1 Posted : 3/23/2020 6:24:01 PM

23aka32

Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?
Hello…

I'm 23aka32, and I’d like to be a member here because I feel the geriatric community is vastly under-represented. I’m in my 70s, and I’ve been a proud Psycho-Naught since that long-ago night in ‘61 when Slickety Pete slipped me that quid of peyote, telling me it was a kind of cactus-tobacco that would be good for my complexion. I was proud back then to break new ground on the frontiers of human consciousness, and, after decades of serious drug-research, I’m still proud. Brain-damaged, but proud.

DMT is more fun than a barrel of drunk monkeys. It keeps my sense of wonder operational. Learning to extract it has been an entertaining, and exasperating, curve. Not that I know what I’m doing yet, but that’s where the real fun is. It’s not the brilliant explosions that blacken the entire south wing, or the kaleidoscopic fiery-funnels of toxic-vapor wafting over the brier garden, or even the joyous tring-a-ling-linging of arriving fire-trucks and Black Maria’s that make extracting DMT such an attractive pass-time to us recently pre-deceased.

No, fact is, old people like me have a lot of time on our hands because all our family-members and friends are, thankfully, dead, in jail, or been committed. We have a lot of time on our hands and we couldn’t have a better hobby to fill our endless elder-hours.

I tried jig-saw puzzles down at the Center, but they made me incontinent and flatulent. Rude comments were made, and I gave that up. I tried drinking heavily, combing-over the bald spot on my chest, and hitting on every old lady down at the Home. Turns out there’s not enough whiskey in the world to carry that activity to its natural conclusion. The old ladies agreed. Unanimously. I collected dead mice for a while, spent a small fortune on past-life regression, and took those first, long, difficult steps toward gender re-determination down at the bus-station’s men’s room. But nothing held my interest for long.

DMT, on the other hand, has been a real keeper. I now spend most days laying on the couch, sucking my fingers and making motor-boat noises while giant cock-roaches whisper the secrets of the Multiverse into my left nipple. And the discoveries I’ve made! Did you know putting Naphtha in a pressure cooker over high heat makes some people hysterical? Or that tossing a pound of NaOH into a five-gallon bucket of water is even more invigorating than rolling naked in fire-ants? It’s true. Hand to god.

I do have a couple of tips I’d like to share with folk. For instance, using a pipette is a miserable way to separate the NPS from the based soup. I bought a bulbed-pipette from Walmart and the bulb dissolved before a third pull. So I bought a separatory-funnel. On the first use it clogged. On the second use, after fine-filtering, it worked as designed except a goodly portion of the crystals were left clinging to the interior of the funnel. Recovering them with hot solvent was inefficient.

So I took several dangerous drugs and thought about it. After I was bailed out, I realized that using a measuring spoon to remove the NPS with as little based soup as convenient elegantly solved the problem, and it might work for others.

The way it works is, using a common measuring spoon – a tablespoon is just right - one spoons up the NPS from the “extraction-jar” after separation– no need to be exceptionally careful at avoiding the based soup – and puts it in a tall glass jar with an indentation running around the top of it. (Almost all jars, of any kind, have an indentation running around the upper portion of the jar just below the rim.) The based soup will immediately sink to the bottom of the jar, and the NPS can then be poured easily, without any contamination because of the indentation, from the glass jar into the freeze/evap dish. This is an easy way to cleanly separate and collect the NPS, and helps produce fine crystals without a lot of effort.

I’ve become reasonably adept at extraction of ACRB and the conversion of the resultant DMT acid to a free base. My returns are acceptable and the quality continues to improve. I sort of know how, but the why eludes me yet. Why is 75g of NaOH enough for one, 75g batch of ACRB, but the next jar, using the same powder from the same vendor, requires 100g? Why does one batch turn black and the other remain purple with no loss of yield or quality? What in god’s name is a mole and how does one figure the proper amount of base for a given extraction? What’s the point of using an acid during the actual extraction process (I’ve quit that – maybe there’s a reason I should continue with it)? Where am I going wrong when I up my extraction from 150g (two jars, 75g ea) to a Kg?

Without DMTNexus, I doubt I would have been able to heed the call of DMT, or have any idea of what it has to offer. I’d like to be a member of this community so I can ask a few of the above questions in the forums, and trade tips and tricks (like using a measuring spoon and a lipped-jar) with other like-minded explorers.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

waitfornever
#2 Posted : 4/3/2020 5:09:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I'm sure you'll find all those answers and a whole lot more here. This place is amazing, you start looking up one thing and 2 hours later you're off researching something totally different.

23aka32 wrote:

I tried jig-saw puzzles down at the Center, but they made me incontinent and flatulent. Rude comments were made, and I gave that up. I tried drinking heavily, combing-over the bald spot on my chest, and hitting on every old lady down at the Home. Turns out there’s not enough whiskey in the world to carry that activity to its natural conclusion. The old ladies agreed. Unanimously. I collected dead mice for a while, spent a small fortune on past-life regression, and took those first, long, difficult steps toward gender re-determination down at the bus-station’s men’s room. But nothing held my interest for long.

Hahaha, a good sense of humor is priceless!

Please continue to share. There are many very smart people here who can make splitting an atom sound easy. There are also many who need all the help they can get. (Like me)
Insanity is past, present, and future pain. 
Past pain never dies, otherwise it would not be pain. 
Life is present pain. 
All unknown and feared is future pain. 
Is the absence of pain happiness? 
And if constant pain leads to insanity; Can constant insanity destroy the pain?

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 4/3/2020 6:33:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Very happy

23aka32
#4 Posted : 4/4/2020 3:22:16 PM

23aka32

Location: How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?
Thank you to waitfornever and Exitwound. I'd reply to you both individually, but I haven't a clue how to do that. I see the "Quick Reply" button (which I'm using), but I suspect it'll seem addressed only to waitfornever. In any case, thanks to you both for your welcome. Especially since I just ran into a situation I can't figure out yet (a floating, pure white ribbon of some dang thing in the evap dish). I'll post my questions post-haste. Viva ya'll!