We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Poor Man's" extraction questions. Options

Vexor17
#1 Posted : 4/2/2020 3:32:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never attempted an extraction and I have some questions about "Poor man's" tek
(forgive me if some of these questions seem naive to an experienced extractor). First question: Where does the citric acid from the lemon juice end up after it is evaporated for freebase result? Second: I believe I read somewhere that the acidic water can be placed in a hot water bath for better results. Wouldn't it be easier to just use hot water that was acidified? My final question: When separating the molecule from the sodium carbonate at the end, wouldn't it make sense to filter it with a coffee filter at this point? Any input on this would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 4/3/2020 2:56:11 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Where did you read this "Poor Man's" "tek"?

Perhaps if you were type out the whole procedure here, in your own words, you could then annotate the places where you don't understand it. Furthermore, doing some more background reading into the general principles of alkaloid extraction can only be of use to you. There are quite a few relevant posts stickied on the forum.

FWIW, wrt your 1st question, citric acid will not evaporate, it decomposes before melting. I think you must be referring to the evaporation of water from the lemon juice, in which case all the solid materials dissolved in the lemon juice will be left behind and you will have a mess and definitely not freebase DMT.

2nd: a hot water bath keeps your solution warm; using just hot water to make the solution would inevitably lead to it cooling off.

3rd: you could filter your solvent at the end but some of it will end up in the coffee filter along with a corresponding proportion of your product.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Vexor17
#3 Posted : 4/3/2020 6:18:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Perhaps if you were type out the whole procedure here, in your own words, you could then annotate the places where you don't understand it. Furthermore, doing some more background reading into the general principles of alkaloid extraction can only be of use to you. There are quite a few relevant posts stickied on the forum.

FWIW, wrt your 1st question, citric acid will not evaporate, it decomposes before melting. I think you must be referring to the evaporation of water from the lemon juice, in which case all the solid materials dissolved in the lemon juice will be left behind and you will have a mess and definitely not freebase DMT.

2nd: a hot water bath keeps your solution warm; using just hot water to make the solution would inevitably lead to it cooling off.

3rd: you could filter your solvent at the end but some of it will end up in the coffee filter along with a corresponding proportion of your product.

The poor man's extraction basically consists heating mhrb in water, sodium carbonate and oil for 2 hours, removing the oil, mixing into acidic water and repeating 3 times. After that, evaporating the acidic water (with extra sodium carbonate added) then rinsing with IPA and separating. Does that make sense? Thank you for the info!

Vexor17
#4 Posted : 4/3/2020 6:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Here is where I found it.
http://chemicalrecipes.b...xtraction-guide.html?m=1

Vexor17
#5 Posted : 4/3/2020 9:57:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If there is something missing from the tek in the link, could someone please let me know? Thanks.

MatLag
#6 Posted : 4/3/2020 12:14:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Vexor,

I just wonder why using this tek, it seems to be a very good way to fail with your first extraction...
"This certainly is not the best method for extracting DMT, as was previously stated. However, it does work"... This is what the author wrote at the last paragraph, and it does make sense!! Why won't you go with an easy to make recipe like Cyb's Tek (which is also very efficient)?
Screwing is first DMT extraction is very frustrating, I've been through this!

doubledog
#7 Posted : 4/3/2020 1:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say this is not a bad tek, you could try it.
But working with oil is quite messy.

To your first question:
Citric acid combined with sodium carbonate will form sodium citrate.

Vexor17
#8 Posted : 4/3/2020 1:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MatLag wrote:
Hi Vexor,

I just wonder why using this tek, it seems to be a very good way to fail with your first extraction...
"This certainly is not the best method for extracting DMT, as was previously stated. However, it does work"... This is what the author wrote at the last paragraph, and it does make sense!! Why won't you go with an easy to make recipe like Cyb's Tek (which is also very efficient)?
Screwing is first DMT extraction is very frustrating, I've been through this!

It interests me because it doesn't involve naptha or anything with a very strong smell or toxic. I know it isn't the easiest tek and I've thought it over.

Vexor17
#9 Posted : 4/3/2020 1:56:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
I would say this is not a bad tek, you could try it.
But working with oil is quite messy.

To your first question:
Citric acid combined with sodium carbonate will form sodium citrate.

Ahhh ok. And that will seperate from the molecule with IPA correct? Thanks!

doubledog
#10 Posted : 4/3/2020 2:13:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can partially separate DMT fb from the mix with IPA. But not completely, it could also dissolve some salts. So, you should evaporate IPA and wash residue with very small amount of water (sodium citrate is soluble in water, dmt fb is not).

Tony6Strings
#11 Posted : 4/3/2020 4:52:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude just do a regular boil n base with lye and naphtha.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand