We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Willow grows from cuttings Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 3/30/2020 4:09:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure if anyone is aware of it, but Willow grows from cuttings. Thought I’d report my findings.

Anyone tried other trees to see if they’ll grow from cuttings?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/30/2020 3:20:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Willow cuttings can provide an instant hedge, which can be woven together to produce what is known as a 'fedge' (fence + hedge).

I often propagate currants and gooseberries from cuttings, but they're not really trees - even if redcurrant bushes can get enormous. Plum responds fairly well to air layering - a technique where compost is tied onto the branch in order to stimulate it to develop roots before the cutting is taken.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

RoundAbout
#3 Posted : 4/1/2020 2:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
Not sure if anyone is aware of it, but Willow grows from cuttings. Thought I’d report my findings.

Anyone tried other trees to see if they’ll grow from cuttings?

A lot of trees and bushes grow from cuttings. Some have pretty poor rates of rooting, even with the cutting taken at the correct time, with the correct amount of leaf/leaves, temperature and pretty much constant misting with rooting hormone applied. Willow takes relatively easily due to it's high concentrations of rooting hormone, which you can actually extract to use a natural source for rooting other cuttings.

This sounds like a fun fact or something. I guess I've cloned a lot of different plants for work (including a lot of trees), not sure what to say.

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 4/1/2020 4:08:29 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Isnt this just called cloning in the botanical world? The sounds like what you do to clone a ganja plant. Take a cutting and stimulate root growth at the cut.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers