We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peruvian Torch Powder via Hookah? Options

Ac30f5pade5
#1 Posted : 8/7/2010 7:58:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any potential in this method?

I was thinking I might be able to pack a bowl with powdered Torch by working it into a ball with some honey.
Is the dose lower when ingesting Torch by smoking? If it is, I could possibly mix it with the shisha, kind of like what some people do with marijuana.

Do you think it would taste unbearable if it even works? (Works meaning being able to fit a reasonable dose amount of powder in one bowl.)
Posts made by Ac30f5pade5 are 100% hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

wade
#2 Posted : 8/7/2010 8:45:24 AM

wade

I cant say that smoke would be good for you
theres just too much excess plant material
I would extract full spectrum via limonene and bong that before I ever hooka'd a cactus

If you dont want to extract you can also make a cake of sorts by evaporating a filtered cactus tea
i imagine this would be a better material to work with rather than plant material, but full spectrum alkaloid extractions probably being the best route

If the powders active i doubt it would be worth it to inhale those fumes!

There are only a few reports of vaporized/smoked mesc working, so if you give it a shot report back and let us know

Ac30f5pade5
#3 Posted : 8/7/2010 9:09:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't smoke from a hookah technically vapor since the coals don't actually burn the material, producing little to no carcinogens? I wouldn't think any smoke would be very good for you in any case.

Also, would it make a difference if I said the powder is just the skin of Peruvian Torch?
Posts made by Ac30f5pade5 are 100% hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

Touche Guevara
#4 Posted : 8/7/2010 3:36:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ac30f5pade5 wrote:
Isn't smoke from a hookah technically vapor since the coals don't actually burn the material, producing little to no carcinogens? I wouldn't think any smoke would be very good for you in any case.

Also, would it make a difference if I said the powder is just the skin of Peruvian Torch?

No, it's still pretty bad for you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8214097.stm

There are scattered reports of people claiming success in being able to smoke pure mescaline, but it's not generally done.

DeeMenTed_JESTER
#5 Posted : 8/7/2010 4:53:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would suggest just making a tea with your cactus, doesn't taste the nicest but i'm sure you will get more of an effect than trying to smoke/vape it and it will ultimately be alot more rewarding Shocked Laughing

Ac30f5pade5
#6 Posted : 8/7/2010 7:01:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

K, thanks all. It was just a thought.

Would my best bet be to make a resin? Either that or I might just mix it with grapefruit juice.

Ac30f5pade5
#7 Posted : 8/29/2010 7:43:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried putting a very very minimal (less than 10g) amount of T. peruvianus powder mixed with shisha in my hookah bowl tonight. The taste was there, but actually hardly noticeable since it wasn't a substantial amount and the tobacco is good.

It had very little effect on my brother and I, an ever so slight dreamy feeling, and even though it is a lot more than expected, it could possibly (probably) just be chalked up to placebo.

One chemistry question: since a hookah uses water for cooling, would the mescaline just be caught there?

There will be more trials hopefully, so only time will tell.

Trevor James
#8 Posted : 3/31/2020 3:34:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeeMenTed_JESTER wrote:
I would suggest just making a tea with your cactus, doesn't taste the nicest but i'm sure you will get more of an effect than trying to smoke/vape it and it will ultimately be alot more rewarding Shocked Laughing

I ate it the first two times I tried it. No substantial experience was had but the guide on Third Wave says you certainly can eat it and someone told me it can be eaten but probably won't have the effects making a brew will.

I recently came across a juice method mentioned on Mycotopia. Soaking cut up pieces in freshly squeezed juices basically. He said it was a full experience. Let you know elsewhere around here I will be documenting my experiences as effectively as I am capable of.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 4/1/2020 1:09:56 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This thread is over 9½ years old - there have been plenty of threads about both brewing and extracting cacti in the intervening time, as well as a couple which indicate that smoking cactus material only really produces a noticeable effect if you've already ingested an active amount. The consensus seems to be not to waste your cactus and just eat/drink/plug it.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli