We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is syrian rue not the craziest thing, or what? Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 3/28/2020 1:53:36 PM

My Personalized Tag

Last night I drank a tea made from 4.5 g of whole rue seeds, waited a hour, and then smoked some moderate amount of DMT. I hadn't gone in feeling the tea at all, but on the other end I noticed that the DMT trip seemed never to end. 40 min after the hit I still had faint CEVs and I thought, "there's no way it can last this long". I was right—at that point I was in harmala territory.

I figure now I can relate to people with cerebral palsy.

My muscles tensed without my knowledge or consent, making me sore all over... Every little motion was an insurmountable task, and every object in my path a mountain. Getting up the stairs later that night must have taken me 15 minutes! And it was so hard to see. My whole field of view was tracing and bobbing and oozing in such a way that it felt like I was a GoPro being dangled from a string. The light of my phone screen, seeming discontent to be confined to its glass cage, would jump out to the sides, leaving a glowing smear in its wake.
(I imagined this was just my eyes twitching along with the rest of my body.)
Every sound was passing through a desk fan on its way to my brain, adding to the disorientation. And as the cherry-on-top, the whole thing came in waves—and relentlessly. I knew I was most likely fine, but it still felt like I was going to have a seizure. No wonder the faeries had been giggling at me an hour prior during my DMT trip. They must have known what I was in for!

On the bright side, though, wow—syrian rue would be a fantastic creative aid. At a lower dose, anyways. Everything I could imagine, I could immediately conjure up in full detail (much more so than on DMT). When I imagined a loud, piercing sound, my eardrums actually pulled tight. When I imagined someone's face, I saw them in front of me. And the music in my head refused to stop, although I didn't mind, as I was in awe of how clearly I could hear such complex, original material in my head.

Overall, this stuff is horrible and terrifying. Would recommend to a friend, would do again. Everyone harps on about how awful rue is (and tastes), but I think this stuff stands on its own as a powerful tool. I just took too much, and it was uncomfortably debilitating. It doesn't taste that bad at all, either. If not for the sourness of the concentrated lemon juice, the brew would be entirely palatable.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 3/28/2020 3:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I enjoy rue alkaloids. I make a 3x tea from, say, 75 grams seeds. Combine, reduce, filter. Saturate with salt then put in fridge. The alkaloids will crash out. Then I dissolve these in warm water and base with sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide. Again, the alkaloids will crash out, this time as freebase. At this point you've got reasonably purified harmala alkaloids. 160 mg of this freebase has been enough to inhibit mao for taking oral dmt, though I will usually go more towards 200 just to be sure. A small amount (20 mg or so, knifetip of a small pocket knife) sprinkled onto the tobacco of a rolled cigarette is a wonderful way to prep for vaping dmt. This is strong medicine. Old medicine. I cannot stand the taste of rue tea, ever since I overdid it one night when I was first working with the stuff. But, its nothing to throw 200 mg in my mouth and wash it down with a drink.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 3/28/2020 4:54:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You don't realy need lemonjuice to get the desired effects. If you soak the seeds in warm water for a few hours, you will get the alkaloids without the toxins. It doesn't need to be hot water. Warm water will do.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 3/28/2020 8:34:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just did these today from some first run manske material I had laying around. Syrian Rue freebase using sodium hydroxide. Washed with clean water.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200328_115329.jpg (681kb) downloaded 298 time(s).
IMG_20200328_132729.jpg (827kb) downloaded 293 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

bismillah
#5 Posted : 3/29/2020 3:26:07 AM

My Personalized Tag

I don't mind the tea so much. The taste reminds you that it's medicine you're drinking Big grin
But I will have to try making freebase as well. Your process is much simpler than a lot of the guides online.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

OneIsEros
#6 Posted : 3/29/2020 3:33:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You don’t need to crush rue, or boil it with lemon juice, or any of that.

Throw 4 grams in a pot of water and boil for 10 minutes, then reduce to the size of a shot. Chuck the seeds out, take the shot. Done.

All that shit about crushing the seeds, and adding lemon juice, and boiling for long periods of time - completely unnecessary, just makes it taste even more like shit.

Also: you can smoke rue during mushrooms or ayahuasca trips and it will get you much higher, for about half an hour. Just throw them into a pipe or a bong, whole, and light up. Simple.

coAsTal
#7 Posted : 3/29/2020 3:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bismillah, all you have to do to remove the toxics from the rue is bake the seeds in an oven at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes-- not only will nausea that many experience not take place, but the vasoconstrictors that are in the seeds are destroyed-- I've taken 4.5g ground up after baking and had no negative effects of any kind. The harmalas are unaffected, in my experience.

Also, the taste is FAR better-- it becomes like a peanut/chocolate taste, and when mixed with a fatty drink (I use coconut milk) the taste is very much improved over raw seeds.

Thumbs up

bismillah
#8 Posted : 3/29/2020 3:43:01 PM

My Personalized Tag

coAsTal wrote:
bismillah, all you have to do to remove the toxics from the rue is bake the seeds in an oven at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes-- not only will nausea that many experience not take place, but the vasoconstrictors that are in the seeds are destroyed-- I've taken 4.5g ground up after baking and had no negative effects of any kind. The harmalas are unaffected, in my experience.

Also, the taste is FAR better-- it becomes like a peanut/chocolate taste, and when mixed with a fatty drink (I use coconut milk) the taste is very much improved over raw seeds.

Thumbs up

I don't know if I got any toxins the other night. Usually when I ate the seeds crushed I'd get a low fever and feel a bit under-the-weather a few hours after. There was none of that this time; I think all the less enjoyable effects I got were purely from the harmalas (the muscle spasms were what made it uncomfortable).

I did boil the seeds whole this time, filtered and left it overnight for the nasties to sink to the bottom.

Jees
#9 Posted : 3/29/2020 3:43:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha love how you wrote that OP bismillah Pleased
Once it had me down so much, it was an unbearable task to just breath.
In lower amounts it is actually activating, deeper breathing and higher pulse.
So versatile...

Love Syrian Rue Love

Metta-Morpheus
#10 Posted : 3/29/2020 3:51:45 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

“Overall, this stuff is horrible and terrifying. Would recommend to a friend. Would do again.”

Best line ever
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

null24
#11 Posted : 3/29/2020 4:27:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
“Overall, this stuff is horrible and terrifying. Would recommend to a friend. Would do again.”

Best line ever

"I can't believe people do this to themselves, on purpose, for fun"Laughing
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Matoskah
#12 Posted : 3/30/2020 3:13:07 PM

White bear

bismillah wrote:
Last night I drank a tea made from 4.5 g of whole rue seeds

No more than 4.5g?! The effects you're describing sounds like a much large dose to me; how did you prepare the tea?

bismillah
#13 Posted : 3/30/2020 3:30:22 PM

My Personalized Tag

Matoskah wrote:
bismillah wrote:

No more than 4.5g?! The effects you're describing sounds like a much large dose to me; how did you prepare the tea?

Indeed, 4.5 to the dot, measured on my .000 scale.
I put the seeds in a pot with only enough water to fill it about 3/4 of an inch. Then I gave it half a lemon's worth of juice, boiled for an hour, and reduced. I repeated this once, but the second time the water didn't take much colour. In the end I reduced it to something like two shot glasses of liquid, which was easy to get down.

Matoskah
#14 Posted : 3/30/2020 5:24:46 PM

White bear

bismillah wrote:
Matoskah wrote:
bismillah wrote:

Indeed, 4.5 to the dot, measured on my .000 scale.
I put the seeds in a pot with only enough water to fill it about 3/4 of an inch. Then I gave it half a lemon's worth of juice, boiled for an hour, and reduced. I repeated this once, but the second time the water didn't take much colour. In the end I reduced it to something like two shot glasses of liquid, which was easy to get down.

Man, that's crazy. Doing the same procedure and roughly the same dose I can't say I got anything close to that effect Wut? Seed potency/bodily resistance? Interesting stuff this plant stuff Laughing

SynKyd
#15 Posted : 3/30/2020 9:22:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bismillah, were you practicing any of the maoi dietary preparation recommendations? That could be a factor also I believe.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.