We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Syrian Rue 5g *Around the world in a tea daze* Options

Matoskah
#21 Posted : 3/29/2020 4:12:26 PM

White bear

In my experience the easiest and most consistent method without going all lab is to boil the seeds whole in water and after 30 minutes or so discard the seeds and reduce the liquid to a drinkable amount; preferably the volume of a shots worth.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 3/30/2020 12:51:28 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jees wrote:
ShamensStamen my non roasted seeds are already powdered, do you know if roasting powder is just as okay? Thx.

I would suggest using a heavy-based frying pan - I'd use a stainless steel one - with constant stirring over a moderate heat. It should develop a chocolatey/nutty/carob odour, more or less.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamensStamen
#23 Posted : 3/30/2020 1:54:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Jees wrote:
ShamensStamen my non roasted seeds are already powdered, do you know if roasting powder is just as okay? Thx.

I would suggest using a heavy-based frying pan - I'd use a stainless steel one - with constant stirring over a moderate heat. It should develop a chocolatey/nutty/carob odour, more or less.

I've also heard of that method, haven't tried it yet, but at some point i will. But indeed, a chocolatey, nutty kind of aroma should be noticeable, especially can tell the difference between the roasted aroma and the aroma of the raw seed, the raw seed is bleh lol, the roasted seed smells kinda good though.

Jees
#24 Posted : 3/30/2020 6:07:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward to it but first must dig myself trough a pot of caps Big grin
I could also recuperate opened caps, get the powder out to roaster.
BTW, I like veggie caps over gelatine, the latter ones can get sticky while going down.

coAsTal
#25 Posted : 3/30/2020 1:21:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock, I have been using your roasting method, and it's phenomenal-- I put my powder in unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, and it tastes genuinely good that way.

As it happens, I just took 4.5g this morning 20 minutes ago-- it will be a beautiful day Smile

Matoskah
#26 Posted : 3/30/2020 5:28:55 PM

White bear

coAsTal wrote:
Sabnock, I have been using your roasting method, and it's phenomenal-- I put my powder in unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, and it tastes genuinely good that way.

As it happens, I just took 4.5g this morning 20 minutes ago-- it will be a beautiful day Smile

4.5gs in the morning?! DO report back Thumbs up
Read about a few 4g rues just today and the effects have varied greatly among the users.

ShamensStamen
#27 Posted : 3/30/2020 5:29:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:

Thumbs up

coAsTal
#28 Posted : 3/30/2020 6:40:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So strangely enough, I have a problem that this audience might be good to bounce around.
What can cause a complete lockout of MAOI and DMT effects?

Over the past several weeks I have had episodes where harmalas AND also DMT (in any strength) are completely ineffective.

As in, have maybe 5% the effect they ought to based on all my uses before--as in barely even perceptible. Even with 400mg harmala extract and50mg DMT -- I was fucking blown away that I felt NOTHING but the barest of mental "alteration" with very very subtle visual shift-- but not even in a DMT way-- I mean almost more of an awareness change.
I usually hover in the 15 to 20mg range as it is always more than enough to enjoy a profound experience with harmalas.

I hope/believe it may have to do somehow with supplements that I am taking-- otherwise I may have some seriously fucked up medical issue.

Specifically, have any of you had melatonin in conjunction with your harmalas/DMT?
Could it alter or nullify the effects if so?

It's a primary change that I've known has been present in my system exactly when this has happened, as I take a slow-release 300mcg to 900mcg at bed every night.

The reason I think this is a potential culprit (for me, somehow) is that a couple weeks ago I took one of those that I had mistaken for another supplement (I had set a couple on my nightstand and the melatonin looked similar to another vitamin. I only discovered it an hour later, when I failed to launch. Up until that point, I was in Hyperspace bliss-- afterward, it was like the power was just shut off.

Yesterday, I had 4g of rue, and enjoyed my spice as one would hope-- but when I took my afternoon supplements, I resumed my pipe, and nothing.

Well, once again it continued this morning-- I actually took closer to 5g rue this AM-- felt the same almost sub-perceptible come-up, but no traditional effects, no "drunken" bodyload or visual tracers, and the DMT was like smoking air-- it had practically no effect.

Just a feeling of kinda "off" altered disappointment.

What the hell is going on with me?

Jees
#29 Posted : 3/31/2020 12:07:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you talking about oral deems? Go for 100 freebase weight, its not unusual and my recent goto dose, even rectal.

Edit: ok I saw you smoked.

coAsTal
#30 Posted : 3/31/2020 1:44:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, it's crystal. I occasionally take chacruna or chaliponga tea, but the tannins make me nauseous more often than not and I will vomit before it can kick in-- I like the idea of boofing it though-- perhaps once I figure out why I'm somehow deactivating my trips lately I'll give it a shot-- I hate to waste the leaf.

PREV12