We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Glad y'all are here Options

SynKyd
#21 Posted : 3/30/2020 3:04:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bill Cipher wrote:
FranLover,

In recent days you have become, as far as I'm concerned, the most annoyingly repugnant person here. You offer little to nothing of substance. Your condescending, simple minded platitudes, flippant memes and completely ridiculous word salads are clearly annoying others as well, so because I can, I'm going to pull the plug on your Nexus access.

Be well. Just do your thing someplace else.

Goodbye.

(Edit: Your suspension is temporary. I've set it to end on December 31st, 2074. Assuming you have changed your style of engagement by then, you are welcome to return the next day).

That sounds rather personal........just an observation.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#22 Posted : 3/30/2020 2:57:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ugh. I really don't want to be the person whose argument with them got Fran kicked off. I have'nt agreed with all of their posts, to say the least, but was not intending to start a thing. I have really shite NVC skills and was just trying to point out that they should just stop digging in their heels on that one stupid joke, but that went sideways. And in an appreciation thread I began....feels bad, man.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Jin
#23 Posted : 3/30/2020 5:55:39 PM

yes

I didn't want to see franlover banned

But franlover was becoming increasingly hostile
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Bill Cipher
#24 Posted : 3/30/2020 5:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Ugh. I really don't want to be the person whose argument with them got Fran kicked off. I have'nt agreed with all of their posts, to say the least, but was not intending to start a thing. I have really shite NVC skills and was just trying to point out that they should just stop digging in their heels on that one stupid joke, but that went sideways. And in an appreciation thread I began....feels bad, man.

You have nothing to feel bad about, null. This wasn't an isolated event, and she had been previously warned.

The way I see it is this: The prime directives of this place are a) harm reduction, b) providing a source of reliable information to others, and c) fellowship. The only times I've ever jumped in and hit the ban button on someone is when they have been promoting behaviors that are dangerous to others or pushing dangerous misinformation.

FranLover's very bizarre mix of passive aggression, condescension and esoteric faux wisdom may not have crossed the line, but her recent purposeful provocations around this issue (and others) did. That's why she's gone. It had nothing to do with you at all. She brought it on herself.

SynKyd
#25 Posted : 4/1/2020 4:12:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover was certainly interesting, and I will miss HIS musings........... setting the record straight as he did correct me on that incorrect assumption in our first interaction on this site.

Returning to the spirit of this thread, I am glad we have this outlet to share information and thoughts in these difficult times. I have found this map fascinating recently, all things considered. We are definitely not over the hump yet on this one.

Covid progression map

This site and the journeys it spawned for me made me very OK with my place on this earth as a mortal. I’m fairly healthy, but care for my elderly mother who definitely doesn’t have a strong system for this type of virus and frankly she’s scared out of her mind right now anytime anyone coughs.

Please everyone take care of yourself, take care of those around you, limit your exposure and show compassion for our fellow humans. We have to pull together and get through this, everyone will be impacted and know someone directly who doesn’t make it. Be gentle, We are all one.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Metta-Morpheus
#26 Posted : 4/1/2020 4:38:16 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Teamleary wrote:
I can't use this time as a retreat, I have to deal with the same kind of conventionalities and yet, I don't have the important human interactions...
For instance, it's been 12 days since I had a talk with someone "IRL". I can feel that it's "doing" something in me.

Anyway, I hope everybody is doing okay...

love,

paul

Man, I’m sorry Paul. I will put out some good thoughts for you, as I can’t imagine that. I’ve at least had my wife and kids through this. We’ve stayed pretty isolated, except my wife and I both work for essential businesses, so we still have to go into the world for that. Ive taken time off work to help with that further. Stay up man. If you want, pm and we can chat. I feel for you brother. ❤️❤️🤙
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Teamleary
#27 Posted : 4/1/2020 12:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
Teamleary wrote:
I can't use this time as a retreat, I have to deal with the same kind of conventionalities and yet, I don't have the important human interactions...
For instance, it's been 12 days since I had a talk with someone "IRL". I can feel that it's "doing" something in me.

Anyway, I hope everybody is doing okay...

love,

paul

Man, I’m sorry Paul. I will put out some good thoughts for you, as I can’t imagine that. I’ve at least had my wife and kids through this. We’ve stayed pretty isolated, except my wife and I both work for essential businesses, so we still have to go into the world for that. Ive taken time off work to help with that further. Stay up man. If you want, pm and we can chat. I feel for you brother. ❤️❤️🤙

Oh man, thank you so much for that!
It has ups and downs, yeah. It now has been 3 weeks since my last "I got to talk to someone and feel their gaze on me" ahaha.
One interesting thing I take from that experience is the gap between conscious and subconscious experience. For instance, way before noticing any shift in my mood, I started having bad dreams. Not awful nightmares mind you. I'm not having unbearable nights, but, in general, I pretty much NEVER have bad dreams. And yet, since the confinement, I'd say that I had bad dreams 6 nights out of 7.
Also : been tired and more stressed out than usual, even tho my conscious thoughts are roughly the same (except moments where the loneliness really drags me down, but so far, it only happened a couple of times).

Makes you wonder, tho: would life be "worth it" if it were always like that? Cause I live, but kinda waiting for this moment t be over so life can "start again" (and so I can see my girlfriend ahaha)... but in a way, we should never feel like life is "on hold". It's always "full". Idk!

Thank you again for the support ❤️

I'm not complaining, it could be a lot worse Smile
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

Jees
#28 Posted : 4/1/2020 6:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Teamleary wrote:
...It's always "full"...
Love
And many forms of social contact is also formatted or superficial, not able to beat the fullness beyond. Often IRL fails in hitting home, messages failing for reasons, means of communication has limits in coming across. Yet the 'thin' stuff has it's proper place too.

PREV12