CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can you easily extract DMT back out of a PG/VG solution? Options

VibeSurfer
#1 Posted : 3/21/2020 6:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So for the last 6 months or so my smoking method has been to vaporize a solution of 1g of DMT per ml of 50/50 Vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol. I have come to the conclusion that this method doesn't work in the long run, and I want to extract the remaining DMT out of the solution.

Any advice?
“A game for those who seek to find a way to leave their world behind. You roll the dice to move your token, doubles gets another turn. The first player to reach the end wins. Adventurers beware: Do not begin unless you intend to finish. The exciting consequences of the game will vanish only when a player has reached Jumanji and called out its name.”

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Asher7
#2 Posted : 3/21/2020 8:08:15 PM

Professional Tracker

I’m not sure how you would pull that back out there but what are your thoughts on why that method isn’t good?

VibeSurfer
#3 Posted : 3/21/2020 11:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's kind of hard to explain. I think the atomizer coils accumulate gunk, and that the vaporizer also slowly ruins the solution in the tank a bit more after each hit. When I first fill up the tank, the liquid is a clear yellow color. After multiple uses it becomes darker and more orange. The smoke gets harsher, all the bad signs are there. It is quite tragic, because the first few hits with everything fresh are fantastic and simple to administer. Oh well.
“A game for those who seek to find a way to leave their world behind. You roll the dice to move your token, doubles gets another turn. The first player to reach the end wins. Adventurers beware: Do not begin unless you intend to finish. The exciting consequences of the game will vanish only when a player has reached Jumanji and called out its name.”

Asher7
#4 Posted : 3/22/2020 7:52:56 AM

Professional Tracker

Have you tried a dripper/RDA instead of a tank?

VibeSurfer
#5 Posted : 3/23/2020 3:30:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hadn't heard of those until you mentioned them. Looks interesting. Have you had success with them?

King Tryptamine
#6 Posted : 3/23/2020 8:57:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I've experienced the same issue using DMT e-liquids, the cotton wick surrounding the coil-mesh will tend to accumulate a lot of yellow gunk which I believe are plant oils and fats left over from the extraction and will no longer be able to vaporize, ending up with a nasty burnt flavor. Whether or not this problem can be avoided using a cleaner extract dissolved in a less viscous solution of 100% PG i'm unsure but worth a shot, provided you can't extract your freebase out of the e-liquid.

P.S. I know 1g/ml is often recommended but in my experience this sounds stupidly saturated with DMT and I can only imagine ending up with a e-liquid which takes up the physical characteristics of honey that'll for sure clog your cotton-mesh. Sorry I couldn't really help you on extraction advice but thought i'd provide some input at least. Wish you the best of luck anyway!

rOm
#7 Posted : 3/23/2020 10:24:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You canalso use the solution as is, maybe add alittle acid, and you may use it orally with harmalas or plugged.. Add a little white distilled vinegar and boof that !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Asher7
#8 Posted : 3/23/2020 11:25:49 AM

Professional Tracker

VibeSurfer wrote:
I hadn't heard of those until you mentioned them. Looks interesting. Have you had success with them?

The rda? Yes and no, I tried it a few times and took baby hits because I was scared and then got frustrated and took two good hits and blacked out which really scared me, so it works I just haven’t found the sweet spot.

A subohm tank with disposable coils is not going to be optimal because spice ejuice is too thick and doesn’t vape clean. With an RDA you make your own coil, about 6 wraps with a good diameter, I did 3mm and when you thread your cotton through you cut it on each side of the coil instead of running it all the way down to the bottom of the rda. You don’t need capillary action to pull juice from the base. Just cotton inside the actual coil to hold juice in the coil so it cuts down on juice waste from being in cotton nowhere near the coil.

The problem I’ve found with ejuice is not with it vaporizing but with the inability to measure your dose with any precision so it can cause problems.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 3/25/2020 8:20:47 PM

No way ticket

Chemical expertSenior Member

Check the miscibility with naphtha of the PG/VG blend. If it does not dissolve, you should be able to pull DMT freebase back out of your e-juice. If it looks partially miscible, add a little water to increase the polarity of the glycol phase. If nothing else, this would be a valuable experiment to carry out so if you give it a try be sure to let us know how it turns out.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

VibeSurfer
#10 Posted : 3/28/2020 3:14:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Check the miscibility with naphtha of the PG/VG blend. If it does not dissolve, you should be able to pull DMT freebase back out of your e-juice. If it looks partially miscible, add a little water to increase the polarity of the glycol phase. If nothing else, this would be a valuable experiment to carry out so if you give it a try be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Thank you! I will give this a shot and report back.

VibeSurfer
#11 Posted : 6/1/2020 5:22:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Came right out with naphtha. I do find it interesting how little DMT was actually left compared to the volume of PG/VG blend that remained beforehand. When I took the jar out of the freezer, it didn't look like there would even be enough for a breakthrough.

Yet another reason why this method was no bueno in the long run no matter how awesome it was at first.