We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I think LSA cured my allium intolerance (digestive problems caused by garlic, onions, etc.) Options

Acuminata
#1 Posted : 9/3/2019 12:11:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

I have been reading a lot of discussions over the past 2 years to understand what kind of experience can be brought by the use of entheogens and to learn about extraction teks. After a few attempts to create an account, I finally found the time to do it properly.

The trigger was probably the repeated positive impact of LSA extract (from HBW) and other entheogens (psilocybe subaeruginosa, san pedro) on a food intolerance I gradually developed over the past decade to the point I had to quit food from the allium family. Stop Since the impact on my quality of life is commensurate, I really want to share it and see if other people have experienced something similar. Thumbs up More importantly, my sample size is currently n=1 (me) and I am curious to see if this is just a coincidence or if it has a real potential as a medical treatment.

A couple of years ago, I started to become curious about entheogens and their mind opening properties (thanks DMT-NEXUS for making this knowledge available!!!).

After my first trip with LSA, I found by chance (to my amazement!) that I could eat food containing garlic and onion again without being sick (i.e. very bloated with excruciating abdominal pain). For people who don't know about this condition, there is no treatment available except avoiding food containing garlic, onion, leek, chives, spring onion, and a few more...! Basically giving up on tasty food. Thumbs down
This condition was "completely cured" for 3-4 months after a single "solid" dose of LSA. Big grin My intolerance to allium then gradually came back. I noticed that san pedro tea had a positive impact as well, although not as pronounced as LSA extract. Smoked DMT had no effect whatsoever. I haven't tried ayahuasca properly yet.

It must be noted that my first LSA trip was challenging. I took 5ml mixed with a drop of peppermint oil (extracted 100 seeds in 12ml H2O-ETOH, extracted using KASH's advanced LSA extraction tek, added peppermint oil 20min before ingestion) which was a large dose but I did so since a 1ml dose has no noticeable effect. The effect was purely cerebral, without any OEV or CEV, bringing a lot of emotions up to the surface. I wasn't expecting that since most (if not all) reports online mention either strong OEV or no effect at all. The effects kicked in after about 2 hours and lasted for a solid 6 hours. At the end of the trip, I had the same excruciating abdominal pain as when I had a meal with large amount of garlic, except that it was the last time I would feel this pain with such strength. Notably, when I later tried san pedro, psilocybin, pharmahuasca, and LSA extract again I didn't feel any pain anymore. Yet I could notice that my ability to digest food without discomfort would become better everytime, but with the relief lasting from a week to a couple of months before gradually coming back. It is only with the LSA that I have experienced drastic and long-lasting beneficial effect, although the trips have never been pleasant ones...

Has anyone experienced that LSA or eaten entheogens have a moderate to long term positive effect on digestion?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Acuminata
#2 Posted : 3/26/2020 10:18:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

6 months elapsed after the first post on the topic of food intolerance being alleviated after using psychedelic substances and particularly oral HBW extract (LSA).
This also corresponds to approx 6 months after my last trip with LSA. Meanwhile, I've had one 3.5g dried P. Cubensis B+ trip which was decently intense, about 1 month ago.

Yesterday I had some food loaded with garlic, which caused a strong painful bloating and stomach upset reaction leading to a miserable night sitting on the toilet... Shocked Embarrased
So after 6 months, it looks like the intolerance is back. It must be noted that this also coincides with a fair amount of stress in the workplace, which may be a factor triggering the intolerance and on which a strong psychedelic trip may induce a positive (antidepressant ?) effect alleviating secondary effects such as food intolerance.

The upside is that I am in a position where I can experiment again on the substances capable of influencing positively this type of food intolerance. Big grin

1st observation is that psilocybin mushrooms have at most a limited effect compared to LSA, given that my last mushroom trip dates to 1 month before resurgence of the symptoms. This trip was very insightful and relieved a lot of stress by making me reflect on my priorities in life. The limited effect in that instance points me to a more physiological effect of LSA on the "disease" and less psychological cause of the food intolerance.

Next test will be to have a relatively strong LSD trip. LSD being obviously closer to LSA than psilocybin. The only ergot alkaloid I have handy is 1P-LSD so I will give it a try. This will also help to determine if it was LSA that had a positive effect, or if it was another molecule present in HBW seeds that was extracted along with LSA.

This thread apparently doesn't attract much discussion, but I'm sure this may be helpful to someone in the future so I'll keep updating my findings.
I'll keep you posted!

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/26/2020 11:59:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I have read this and found it interesting. Having had a considerable amount of gastrointestinal issues of the past couple of decades, among my observations would be that there are both physiological and psychological aspects to that type of complaint, and there is an interplay between them.

A hunch that springs to mind is that the LSA affects your intestinal flora in some way. And a question: how much peppermint do you use outside of your LSA sessions?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

DoingKermit
#4 Posted : 3/27/2020 9:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm currently reading a book about the gut and there seems to be so much we don't know. It's a facilitating little world in there though. The network of neurons in the gut is the equivalent to that of a cat's brain! Amazing!

Personally I get digestive problems off and on, and there seems to be some correlation between my state of mind and what's going on down there. Eating less gluten and dairy sometimes makes a difference, but it's hard to say.

I look forward to your hearing about your findings with 1p. Keep us posted!

Trevor James
#5 Posted : 3/28/2020 1:41:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
I'm currently reading a book about the gut and there seems to be so much we don't know. It's a facilitating little world in there though. The network of neurons in the gut is the equivalent to that of a cat's brain! Amazing!

Personally I get digestive problems off and on, and there seems to be some correlation between my state of mind and what's going on down there. Eating less gluten and dairy sometimes makes a difference, but it's hard to say.

I look forward to your hearing about your findings with 1p. Keep us posted!

Mind and body connection is undeniable isn't it? Be well.

Trevor James
#6 Posted : 3/28/2020 1:42:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Edit: duplicate post lol changed but I didn't mean to create it cannot delete?

Will stay off this forum on my phone.

Acuminata
#7 Posted : 4/4/2020 7:30:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your replies and comments!

downwardsfromzero wrote:

The network of neurons in the gut is the equivalent to that of a cat's brain! Amazing!

Absolutely! That's why I wouldn't be surprised if an orally active psychedelic had some "resetting" effect enabling some level of "communication" between the central nervous system and the "second brain" that is in our gut.

downwardsfromzero wrote:

And a question: how much peppermint do you use outside of your LSA sessions?

That is something I though about as well at the time, very valid point! I don't use peppermint oil in my diet, so before testing 1p I will try the same peppermint oil and same dose I used with my LSA.

I must admit I wouldn't mind having a good excuse for a good trip from time to time Very happy , but if peppermint oil turns out to be the solution then it would still be a very good outcome. I'll try it in the coming days, the advantage is that it doesn't need the same level of planning as a psychedelic trip.