We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LiDAR Scans Of Mayan Ruins Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 3/25/2020 7:55:09 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

During all this super fun shut in time, I’ve just watched a series from National Geographic. It’s about Albert Lin scanning areas of the jungles with a LiDAR scanner. Incredibly interesting. This scanner can “eliminate” the canopy of the jungle with laser technology. They can then look at the topography of the land and pick out man made structures, eaten up by the jungle. It shows that the Mayan society was much, much larger than previously thought. I highly recommend to anyone into meso American culture.

https://m.youtube.com/wa..._title&v=SwihfJgRRvs
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 3/26/2020 5:55:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool series. The technology is great. I want to see all the ancient sites treated this way, to uncover more info and related structures.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 3/26/2020 9:45:58 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

There’s another series by him where he scans stone hendge, Easter island, Petra, Jordan. It also makes me think how fast the earth can bounce back. Millions of people from these Mayan cities, and a thousand years later and the jungle all but erases it. How many times has this happened I wonder... 🤔
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers