We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Water fast of 5 day + harmalas Options

PleasureAndBliss
#1 Posted : 3/17/2020 11:08:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

I'm considering doing a 5 day water only fast (If I succeed). I was wondering if I could still use in the meantime my daily harmala dosing "protocol" during the fast without fucking the process. I'm addicted to nicotine and want to break the habit, have craving for ketamine, and I'm also exhausted and in the past fasting has been really rejuvenative for me :
- huge regain in energy
- erasing of all drug cravings
- huge mood lift
(all this during 4 months, this 4 months was actually the biggest laps with no drug use in 5+ years)

Do somebody already done that?

By considering how ayahuasca and fasting are interlaced in the South America, I suspect that harmala could indeed be beneficial in my fast, but that is terra incognita for me and didn't found much on the net about this.

As always, any input appreciated! With metta

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 3/17/2020 2:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just finished a 5-day water yesterday, lol!

Harmalas wouldn't have any metabolic effect on your fast-- so you're fine there. But be careful with your dosing, because your hormonal balance, metabolic process, and general internal chemistry fluctuates by fasting-- for example, as you experience the die-off of some gut flora you will be very tired and sometimes will feel shitty.

I would consider lowering your harmalas a little during the second half maybe, as you may experience a different degree of effect that when your system is divided by the processing of food 24 hours a day.

This usually starts on late day 2 or 3. This time for me it was all of day 3 that I was tired, but this overall fast was much easier than last year's. I don't know how harmalas would influence that feeling.

I do take vitamins C, Magnesium Glycinate, and a whole-food multi, and salt/electrolyte solution throughout my fast with my water, and bentonite clay/citrus pectin (at least 1.5 hours away from any vitamins/minerals) first and last thing to help bind toxins and help clean the house.

And remember-- the reintroduction of food (AKA re-feeding) is as important to your fast as the fast itself-- divide total fast days by 2 and those are the days at the end that you should just introduce liquids (like clear vegetable or bone broth, low sugar kombucha, unsweetened coconut milk, and other liquids that aren't all sugar like fruit)
The next day you can do soups that aren't too solid, things that are soft like well-steamed vegetables and things. Fermented foods are excellent during this whole time to help re-populate your gut with good flora following the purge!

Then you should be good to ease back in to the regular stuff you want Smile

This isn't medical advice mind you-- just my opinion from my fasting experience Smile

PleasureAndBliss
#3 Posted : 3/18/2020 5:29:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha that's great I hope it went all good, I'm begging tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Harmalas wouldn't have any metabolic effect on your fast-- so you're fine there. But be careful with your dosing, because your hormonal balance, metabolic process, and general internal chemistry fluctuates by fasting-- for example, as you experience the die-off of some gut flora you will be very tired and sometimes will feel shitty.

I would consider lowering your harmalas a little during the second half maybe, as you may experience a different degree of effect that when your system is divided by the processing of food 24 hours a day.

Ok that's sound sensate. I will start half of my usual harmala dose and see how it goes. The aim is to ease a little the nicotine and fatigue crash I experience when I start fasting. Also, if it steer up a bit some psychological stuff, it's great too, it will be a contemplation and reading period.

Quote:
And remember-- the reintroduction of food (AKA re-feeding) is as important to your fast as the fast itself-- divide total fast days by 2 and those are the days at the end that you should just introduce liquids (like clear vegetable or bone broth, low sugar kombucha, unsweetened coconut milk, and other liquids that aren't all sugar like fruit)
The next day you can do soups that aren't too solid, things that are soft like well-steamed vegetables and things. Fermented foods are excellent during this whole time to help re-populate your gut with good flora following the purge!

That's a fucking good statement. As a noob, during my second 5 day water fast, I broke it with hot dog sausage and mayonnaise at a random restaurent (had to leave home suddenly and be in full function mode). It resulted in stomach pain during 1 week and no feeling of rejunevation this time. On my first one, I broke the fast perfectly with home-pressed juices and it was perfect! Won't do the same mistake this time Smile

Thanks a lot for your input, much appreciated!

PleasureAndBliss
#4 Posted : 3/21/2020 2:11:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For the sake of the record, I've stopped my water fast after 48h. I took around 1 cap of 500mg powered rue seeds envelope, 3 time/day during the fast (morning, "lunch", night).

Change compared to my previous fasts:
- Really great mood through the fast. I'm usually easily angry for no reasons in a fast without harmala.
- No or minor headache. I've got severe headache usually.
- Increase awareness of cravings for food or nicotine arising. This augmented awareness made it easier for me to distancing from the cravings, resulting in far less grasping than previous fasts.
- Had some pain in my kidneys, and that was new, never had such effect before during fasts. I could be from the harmala, or it could be from the consequent ketamine use I had pasts few weeks (around 500mg-1g/weekend last 3 weeks). Does fast can speed up the recovery of kidneys? Not sure about this.

What didn't change:
- Huge tiredness.
- Orthostatic hypotension.

I stopped a little bit too early, mostly because of not being able to do anything apart from being locked on the couch, and some concerns about that from my girlfriend. I would like to see if doing 1 or 2 day fast every weeks could ease my lethargy progressively as I train my metabolism to switch from glucose to ketonic consumption more efficiently.

All in all, I felt harmalas beneficial to my fast from a mental perspective. I'm a little bit concerned by the kidney pains, but had theses exact same pain after ketamine and I'm not sure harmalas had an impact on that. Need more research about kidney and fasting relation.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 3/21/2020 7:09:56 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Harmalas might be easy to over do during a fast but otherwise they are useful

I've had best results with a raw fruit/plant based diet and fasting. I ease into it with smoothies only the day before, then fresh squeezed juices the next day, then the fast, then ease back into juices and then smoothies followed by food eventually

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Fractalus
#6 Posted : 3/22/2020 11:56:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

never fast with harmalas, but did lots of fasting in genral and researech it a lot.
their is a basic fundumental in fasting and its the more you intake the longer the body will clean itself, so my advice to you is to intake water only(prefferdly distilled\from a natural spring)! no tabboco\snuffs no harmalas, just water.
when you want to break the fasting it will be the wise time to drink harmalas\ayahuasca, with a clear mind body and soul you will expirience it far more deeply then you used to Smile

the first day usually is the day the the incomfort can come, headach migrene and all of this are just the body cleaning itself from toxines, its regurallary pass after 24h, so if you comfort with strong prossesing you can cut the habbits with water fast, if you more comfort with gentel prosses it will be smart to stop this habbits before the fasting and prevent the unconvient body clensing simptoms

after 72h its where the magic began Smile you kindda get used to the body situation and the mind is really sharp and the mood is very high, the most importent thing in the fasting is to do ONLY whats make you happy, and FOLLOW YOUR EXITMENT! play, paint, have a supporting friend\family arround you, morning qi-kong is very good altho you wont neccecerly have the power for this, it will help you to move energy in the body. you will notice that when you angry\sad\not settled you most likly feel more hungry, and when you follow your exitment you just forget about the body situation.
be kind to yourself and dont stress yourself.
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.