We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long can Basified water be stored? Options

Spiced
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:28:23 PM

Terra Incognita

Hi, i have made some basified water, containing water, lye and powdered rootbark, but i kinda forgot about it, now we are a good 3 weeks later...Embarrased

I don't know if this is still usable or not, or if my yield will be a lot smaller or not?

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 4:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

SWIM had a friend who left stuff sitting around for months and it still yielded.

transitory
#3 Posted : 12/30/2009 5:01:36 PM

currently intergrating

I've had a (heavily) basified mix sit for two months -and it was heated. Best yield I've ever had. Needed some clean up though- filtering of the solvent (d-limo), recrystallisation etc. Seemed to pull a lot more gunk along with the alkaloids. That may have been as a result of continuous heat though. And I had my solvent in there the whole time Very happy
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

Spiced
#4 Posted : 1/1/2010 11:01:29 PM

Terra Incognita

Ok, phew, thanks guys!

PS: About the junk, i had lot's of brown junk too when i heated the whole jar once, now i just heat the Napthe/Hexane and i extract white crystals.

transitory
#5 Posted : 1/2/2010 1:00:19 AM

currently intergrating

I heated for two months with d-limonene and I extract this...

Yummy Cool
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.

(Tony Parsons)

Spiced
#6 Posted : 1/2/2010 12:54:20 PM

Terra Incognita

Wow, that looks like a LOT.
Are you planing to re-crystelize/clean that?
Or is it smokable?

transitory
#7 Posted : 1/2/2010 3:09:21 PM

currently intergrating

Ahh- this is my point Smile

The spice you see is very clean! I have recrystallised three times & run through lots of filters. What you see is the full alkaloid (jimjam) fumarate (salted out from d-limo) which must be freebased to be smoked. This material includes the supposed mystery jungle alkaloids.

I've included pictures of the final evap. (3 hours total from 100ml H2O solution) as I find the process of changing a brown liquid to a fine dry powder absolutely magical! Also I've only just worked out how to upload pictures and want to show off Very happy

That was 75% of total yield as I'd already freebased 10g for other purposes prior to this final recrystalisation.

With Jorkest's D-Limo & FASW Tek I pulled (from 1kg MHRB) a total of

29.96g Full Spectrum DMT Fumarate = 3% yield

x 76% = 22.77g Full Spectrum DMT Freebase = 2.3% theoretical yield

As I say though- the final pulls were taken then combined after the extraction had sat for two months under continuous heat.

(Tony Parsons)

Phaedris
#8 Posted : 1/3/2010 6:01:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

transitory, nice yield and nice pics. Funny, it never occurred to me to use that kind of tool to scrape up evaporate, and I used to do a lot of work with drywall :idea:

Quote:
the extraction had sat for two months under continuous heat.

How much heat, what was the heat source, and why did you let it sit for two months?

peace
Phaedris

transitory
#9 Posted : 1/3/2010 9:52:15 AM

currently intergrating

Hi Phaedris,

I have two such scraping tools. As the fumarate is initially quite sticky it's useful to use them to repeatedly scrape each other clean. I used to use razors but I'm sure you know how hard this stuff gets if you don't catch it just in time. The second picture shows the evap dish standing vertically- I try to catch the fumarate at EXACTLY that stage where it can stand vertical without running. The material is still almost liquid beneath the surface but drys very quickly when worked around.

I didn't record the temperature. I'm afraid I didn't keep any 'lab notes' at all Embarrased

The heat source I used was a commonly available cheap plastic heat-pad designed to keep home-brew warm in order to aid fermentation. It is advertised as maintaining temperature at around 26deg C above ambient so I would imagine temp. of solution to be approx 50deg C. (HDPE jugs were wrapped in bath towel).

The solution was allowed to sit for two months for several reasons- mostly due to work commitments but also I was curious of others' reports of continued yields over an extended period.

Yeah, the yield was good. I think I pretty much exhausted this batch (Pedro re-seller). I imagine also that the material is clean. For third and final recrystallisation the fumarate was dissolved in 100ml of water @ 25deg C. Wiki gives the solubility of fumaric acid as 0.63g per 100 mL so I don't see how I could have more than about half a gram of excess acid in there.

I would caution though ... the d-limonene had soon become 'dirty brown' looking. It appeared as though it had taken in some suspended particles of the base solution. This was removed by pouring the limo through a cotton ball filter several times. After the salting stage, the DMT/fumaric water also had to be filtered and a thick brown sludge was observed clogging up the filter.

I think that most people will not wish to bother with all the cleaning stages involved but I've been off the SNRIs for a couple of months now and I'm getting a bit OCD again Wink

(Tony Parsons)

Kazoo...
#10 Posted : 1/4/2010 3:36:25 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

does anyone know if there is a point where the spice actually breaks down when left in the basified solution?
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

psychosisdoses
#11 Posted : 1/5/2010 8:39:14 PM

Derek

just keep an eye on storage if say you have nonpolar solvent in there too.. iv had a few month old hdpe jug spring a leak.. not sure why but it did
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Kazoo...
#12 Posted : 1/5/2010 11:07:31 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

and can anyone tell me, if prolonged exposure to a base solution does indeed change or break down the spice molecule, what does it change in to?
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

psychosisdoses
#13 Posted : 1/5/2010 11:18:21 PM

Derek

Kazoo... wrote:
and can anyone tell me, if prolonged exposure to a base solution does indeed change or break down the spice molecule, what does it change in to?

i highly doubt the base solution will break down the freebase very much
the dmt may oxidize however
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses