We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pagiantha cerifera Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 3/5/2020 9:54:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's an obscure one, for the record!

Pagiantha cerifera contains, amongst other things, ibogaine:
Quote:
Pagiantha (= Tabernaemontana) cerifera Mgf.

This species grows in New Caledonia either on mica schist or
peridotite. Voacangine, ibogaine, voacamine, and coronaridine have been
isolated from this arborescent species collected in the north on mica schist.
From the ecotype growing in the south on peridotite soil were isolated -
apart from the already known alkaloids (215)- dihydroellipticine,
unusual for the Tabernaemontanae, as well as three new alkaloids, pagicer-
ine, ceridimine, and pagisulfine, the first sulfur-containing
indole alkaloid.

214. A. Harmouche, H. Mehri, M. Koch, A. Rabaron, M. Plat, and T. Sévenet, Ann. Pharm.
Fr.
34, 31 (1976).
215. H. P. Ros, E. Schoepp, and M. Hesse, Z . Naturforsch., C: Biosci. 33, 290 (1978).
216. M. Bert, F. Tillequin, G. Baudouin, M. Koch, and T. Sévenet, Fitoterapia 60, 141 (1989).
217. M. Bert, G. Baudouin, F. Tillequin, and M. Koch, Heterocycles 23, 2505 (1985).
218. G. Baudouin, F. Tillequin, M. Bert, and M. Koch, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun.,
3 (1986).
219. M. Bert, G. Baudouin, F. Tillequin, and M. Koch, Heterocycles 24, 1567 (1986).
220. M. Bert, R. Marcy, M. A. Quermonne, M. Cotelle, and M. Koch, Planta Med., 191 (1988).

(Alkaloids from the Medicinal Plants of New Caledonia)

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

RhythmSpring
#2 Posted : 3/6/2020 2:59:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fascinating. It's amazing how many plants are out there, that have medicinal properties. I never would have thought of an island in the South Pacific to have novel medicinal / psychedelic properties, but why not!?

The internet may be a compendium of vast knowledge, but we are really just beginning to understand our reality, our ecosystems.

Thanks for sharing with us.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/6/2020 3:07:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This was just a tangent from something else I was looking for - I thought I'd do quick search for "iboga" while looking through the document and, much to my surprise, this one came up.

All things said, Tabernaemontana is one of the first genera to go to if you're looking for iboga-type alkaloids.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli