We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Semi-DiY Pulse-Heating transformation (based on VaporGenie Classic/Bronze Sherlock) Options

Egzoset
#1 Posted : 5/14/2019 9:08:55 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

To the attention of those who need to know, Egzoset refers to some missile that got named after a flying fish (with differing orthographs); i created this pro-cannabic profile near the last quarter of 2010 because of renewed hope following my discovery of vaporizers: as a former hashish smoker i had been abstaining since mid-2007 and only intended to offer an e-Cig as gift instead, hence the surprize. This joyful moment inspired a rocket riding the clouds through blue skies: « to boldly go where no man has gone before »... Then "The Borg" arrived within just a few "home-cultivator" sessions, initially meant to promote relaxation & serenity!

Laughing

My hobbyist focus gradually switched to consumption methods while allergy-related symptoms emerged, in response to over-exposure due to intense tweaking of semi-DiY "Prototyping Platforms" which required many more years of serious involvement before my fantasy-driven "LAVA" ideas would culminate into a most elementary criteria: just to seek "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation", to benefit from an exceptionally affordable near-perfect form of filtration if we consider that Mother Nature readily provides suitable packaging for its noble substances by collecting them on a molecular basis, e.g. at the site of genesis within trichome glands themselves.

So... "Micro-Bursting" refers to a lot more than "Micro-Dosing" alone: this alternative consumption method actually discriminates targets by virtue of mass/size in relative absence of thermalization: e.g. tiny features of contact-surfaces go 1st (leaving less noble stuff behind, quite hopefully)... And that's not all! Clean-burning butane paved the way to "Inlet Water" as a "Potentialization" agent applied to "Release/Transport"; apparently "Pulse Heating" significantly limits secondary/tertiary reactions, while it benefits from a potentializing boost. Etc., etc.

Quite obviously there still ain't too much love on most discussion boards for VaporGenie's vaporist pipes, though i'm hoping this may help to change that. So lets start with a quick diaporama showing past DiY challenge(s) published by Egzoset:

Google Images: Egzoset VaporGenie LAVA "Bi-Energy" "Hybrid Core" "Micro-Dosing" TinyPic

Please feel free to try search variants and keep in mind it was intended as an invitation to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW, which implies it always got to stick to simple/affordable basics! Mainly substractive work (like cutting or drilling)...

Thumbs up

It turns out Egzoset was created in days when electromagnetic Induction Heat technology got spontaneously mocked while a long industrial evolution spreading over decades remained essentially ignored, including Curie alloys somehow... Back then the patented invention (US 7434584/9445629) of Dan Steinberg already depended on "Space Age" novel material, since nearly the Y2K bug era nonetheless (!):

[ http://oi67.tinypic.com/1zdprn6.jpg ]

That's Silicon Carbide Foam with a most specific tetrakaidecahedron shape, commercialized as "Duocel":

[ http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ptw2mq.jpg ]

Which confirms part of it truly *IS* rocket science all right!!

Love

Initially i didn't suspect i'd feel so deceived by my HerbalAire v2.1 table unit, nor that i'd experience discomfort 6 months later... That's one fairly good reason why i eventually wanted to try VG's Classic pipe, after a couple years (only to give it away as gift the next week following my purchase, because i just lacked sufficient operator skills): though it offered Inlet Water in addition to significantly diverging from the dominant "Ovenizer" model (e.g. i got an irresistible/appealing intuition to revisit i guess)!

So... Egzoset's selection of VaporGenie's Classic directly resulted from such design considerations and hence i gave it a 2nd chance in mid-March 2013, the year after, determined to implement a long series of modding/customization experiments which happened to cost me well over 2 thousand Canuck dollars + more time/effort investment than what could be expected from any "newbie" vaporist around. Including this fresh/expensive update demonstrating a failed (though extremely promising) attempt:

[ http://oi64.tinypic.com/2nm0lu8.jpg ]

[ http://oi66.tinypic.com/vr3ioo.jpg ]

Too bad internal Handle-Path containment was lost at the handle/bowl interface!...

Embarrased

By the way please take note of the subtle nuances between these categories:

DiY involves being in charge from A to Z

Modding involves some DiY spending in order to implement novel/genuine features unavailable otherwise

Hacking is a way to avoid paying for existing premium features of commercially-available products

Cloning is a way to avoid paying for an existing commercially-available product

Here are recent publications showing half the potential (as "Plan-B") of an Hybrid Core where SiC foam is juxtaposed to a 17-Holes Metal Disc in order to include IH-driving as a future option (provided it's made of glass for the most part):

[ http://oi65.tinypic.com/316lw6g.jpg ]

[ http://oi65.tinypic.com/fnrztk.jpg ]

[ http://oi63.tinypic.com/24g2bmh.jpg ]

Experience demonstrated year after year that words were simply futile in absence of previous 1st-person perspective, yet if there has to be some explanations then lets quickly mention the PinHole and Hybrid Core features implemented using Metal "Tops" to allow convenient conversion to clean-burning blue (torch) flames and beyond; for example a real opportunity to evaluate Moist Impulse Mode, Packetized Micro-Dosing ranging from Mithridatism or Comatose-like Party toking (whichever one may wish, just swap "tops" around)...

In any case never forget VG pipe owners implicitly agree to void its warranty by engaging into similar semi-DiY transformations, hence please don't bother Dan Steinberg with it (i already have and plenty of times...)!

Pleased

Overall what i'm proposing today is to acquire background using VG's pipe as a "Prototyping Platform" leading to even more advanced considerations where a stored Heat Charge is adjusted to match its WorkLoad (Cannabis Trichome Glands, DMT), etc...

And just in case one may feel quite ready to adopt electromagnetic Induction Heat please consider this other alternative that can be made all-glass using a tiny bit of creative imagination:

[ http://oi63.tinypic.com/14y4uma.jpg ]

IMHO it even paves the way to a rational Energy Budget as required by "portable" applications. YMMV!

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Egzoset
#2 Posted : 5/15/2019 9:29:25 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Operator Instructions:

Quote:
0 - About Bowl loading, Always Fill and Never Pack. Keep in mind the Support Loop located right under a pipe's Cannabic Bowl needs to be "flipped" after removal as this greatly eases re-insertion, simply by screwing it in clockwise. Bowl size/weight is ajusted to match a top's temporary heat-storage capacity using that Support Loop.

1 - With butane and/or it's related compounds present in the lungs path just make sure there's ALWAYS a CLEAN-BURNING flame to convert butane from such stream into relatively safe superheated Water Vapor and Carbonic Gas, while taking care to inhale with much less force (by lifting the thumb over a pipe's PinHole) to Pre-Heat the Hybrid Core of a customized Sphere almost SEPARATELY. Filtered butane is Paramount and proper lighter maintenance too.

2 - NEVER let a flame touch anything as this will result in the addition of soot plus other nuisances. All that is required to be captured by the Flame-Catcher to inject a "Heat Charge" (or “Energy Bubble”) has to do with the Energy-Carrying Exhaust + some Radiative Heat.

3 - NEVER light up or extinguist a butane lighter close to the Flame Catcher. Flint-Wheel Yellow-Flame models generate health-hazard particles in the spark while the Blue Flame ones may fail to consume butane cleanly (extinguish at random and/or spitting out some contaminant droplets not convertible by fire)... Briefly put, ALWAYS wait for a flame to STABILIZE before it's taken close to the Flame-Catcher Aperture.

4 - When a primary PinHole is available lift thumb during Pre-Heating to enhance the Hybrid Core's transitional "Shield" effect (as fresh air pours in). Stop torching after the SiC Front Puck appears to glow dim-red (which reflects approximative temperature once that Sphere got sufficiently energized), e.g. between 2~5 seconds depending on a butane lighter. Past this power injection cycle use a temporary "Heat Charge" from the Hybrid Core WITHOUT any butane and/or related stream still present near the Flame-Catcher Aperture. This indirect/residual energy-source ALONE shall suffice to proceed with the actual Vaporization process.

5 - While vaporizing/inhaling try to manage the PinHole in brief pulses, in very short bursts at first then increasingly longer to compensate for lost heat from the Hybrid Core as its energy reserve gets depleted. The periods with no PinHole-obstructive thumb in action contribute to oxygenation of the cannabic stream while promoting early detection of vaporization signs, especially hints as aroma/taste which appear to depend on minimal "Attack"/"Decay" periods associated with the pulse itself (to cut total "BAKING" time)... Think of some method vaguely similar to "pumping" a car's breaks in an emergency maneuver situation, the goal being to probe using a sequence of short pulses instead of attempting to get it done in 1 single long pulse. The start/stop transitions appear to cause TURBULENCE which helps a lot with stream movement (e.g. purging).

6 - A ~125 mg Bowl provides about 5~6 tokes, the leftover can be made useful at a later time to produce relaxing cookies. Don't forget that once in a while even an empty cannabic Bowl can provide some satisfying toke (or two) from a sticky/waxy screen alone. Evidently stronger cookies should result from leaving more THC behind. Yet these days i just prefer not to bother so i vape it dry: used vegetal substrate falls off easily anyway...

7 - It's time for cleanup maintenance when the pipe stops working as usual. Pick a pipe stick wetted with 94 % pure grain alcohol to clean wood VG Handles fast. NEVER allow the wood to absorb water as this would promote cracks in the wood. Metal models are to be prefered when condensed noble molecules need to be "reclaimed", though these feel heavier in the hand while wood's near organic-like aspects would prove more "sexy" (with the benefit of being an insulator). Alternately, wood is also an absorbing material so this makes it less appropriate if/when resin reclaims are desired, especially during a user-training period. The back-face of metal pipes proves handy for quick torch-cleaning of a screen (so it won't generate metal fumes anymore...), with no risk of a skin burn as a result of mass nonetheless. Choose the "Classic" look Aluminium for superior aroma/taste performance + ease of maintenance (+ Single-Hand 2-Fingers manual PH/Purge control, eventually)...

8 - Initially i found the genuine layout with VG's DuckLips MouthPiece was getting uncomfortably hot, the addition of a half-ball stainless steel object down under my cannabic Bowl paved the way to lower-temperature cannabic vapor being sent towards the lungs; as an option it may also help to capture particles present in the cannabic vapor by using a tiny cotton ball which somewhat adds to the cooling action after it got moist. Half-sphere screens were gradually dropped in my more recent versions, at 1st in favour of an auxiliary PinHole located on the MP base, then my whole PinHole concept finally unfolded as a Full-Fledged implementation offering 4 different Fresh Air admission sites along the path!...

9 - When attempting to reset genuine DuckLips MouthPieces to reflect the side-wise preference of an operator (e.g. right-handed vs left-handed positioning) try to never forget about twisting this part while pulling on it with care as its stem proved very brittle. Somehow an helix motion seems more gentle.

10 - The need for eye-contact on a flame tip may require some Flexible Plastic PVC Tubing Extension. A length around 12.5 cm will do and that's a better place where to install the optional cotton ball (strongly recommended), unless a plastic/metal Mating Junction is available of course. Last but not least, such clear plastic makes it easy to monitor butane consumption based on water vapor condensation creating droplets in the tube after a potential abuse situation, or operating error, etc. The Tubing Extension ultimately opacifies if/when abuse continues. End the session and re-evaluate operator skills if this occurs, don't forget to shake off liquid water droplets after removing that tube. Consider this a true "Harm Reduction" self-awareness feature.

Cool
Egzoset attached the following image(s):
Egzoset's 6th Year Edition of Cust. VG Pipe - GiF Anim (2019-Mar-19) [375x480] .PNG (411kb) downloaded 576 time(s).

Egzoset
#3 Posted : 5/21/2019 12:45:52 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Related illustrations, stored as "attached files" from some other post(s).

Documenting SD Vaporization (2019-Sep-6 @ 11:21:37)
Trichome Glands

Documenting SD Vaporization (2019-Sep-6 @ 11:37:1Cool
Pulse Heating
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe - Alt. Hybrid Core & On-Top 1-Cut PH Path (2019-Sep-9) [640x400] .PNG (412kb) downloaded 509 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe with Alt. Hybrid Core & On-Top 1-Cut PH Path (2019-Sep-9) [640x460] .PNG (383kb) downloaded 508 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe - No Brainer On-Top Single-Cut PinHole Path (2019-Sep-10) [640x400] .PNG (343kb) downloaded 501 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe, 1-Cut On-Top PH Path (2019-Sep-12) [480x300] .PNG (226kb) downloaded 503 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG pipe, 1-Cut On-Top PH Path (2019-Sep-12) [500x300] .PNG (210kb) downloaded 501 time(s).
VaporGenie US 7434584 (2008-Oct-14) - Egzoset's fig. 11-12 supplement [480x640] .PNG (110kb) downloaded 489 time(s).
Specific Heat formula [300x200] .PNG (39kb) downloaded 487 time(s).
Curie Effect - Nickel Iron Alloys - Linear Temp. vs Perm. Oper. Zones [550x360] .PNG (157kb) downloaded 477 time(s).

Egzoset
#4 Posted : 1/13/2020 5:12:08 PM

Vaporist of Borg

UPDATE:

Here's a recent brain-dead proposal which applies to the Classic wood VaporGenie pipe, but also more precisely its spherical top, keeping in mind this equally works with the Aluminium version and/or Bronze Sherlock.

All one needs to perform adequate precision is a 1½" (dia.) cutter disc. Using the ¾" / 19 mm (O.D.) bowl of a Classic wood handle just mark the perimeter inside which to cut, preferably stopping half-way to it as illustrated below. Doing so will leave a very thin metal barrier that a tiny sharp/hard nail can puncture in case the user desires to implement enhanced universality (where the PinHole is located directly on a top instead).

Injection of fresh air as suggested accomodates all sorts of core variations starting with moving it closer to its workload, though it even works wonders just dealing with a genuine SiC VG puck remaining in its main cavity (as sold). Optimal performance is obtained using a 17-Holes Metal Disc but it appears possible to reach satisfaction through a substitute of comparable porosity and mass. The later factor is expected to represent less than 2% of a complete full-metal near-symetrical reversible capsule, in turn inviting localized IH-driving while the rest can effectively protect from skin burns in pulse mode by sinking excess heat until the temporarily-stored energy charge gets depleted.

Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Twin-Cut PinHole system - Cutter Tool Max. Penetration (2019-Dec-3) [480x360] .PNG (296kb) downloaded 460 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Twin-Cut On-Top PinHole system - Classic Containment Zone (2019-Dec-3) [400x400] .PNG (281kb) downloaded 459 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Universal (Split-Paths) Twin-Cut On-Top Core-PinHole system (2019-Dec-3) [300x300] .PNG (174kb) downloaded 459 time(s).
Egzoset's Easy-made Univ. Split-Paths Twin-Cut On-Top Core-PinHole Sys. (2019-Dec-7) [480x360] .PNG (376kb) downloaded 459 time(s).
Egzoset's Easy-made Univ. Split-Paths Twin-Cut On-Top Core-PinHole Sys. (2019-Dec-7) [300x400] .PNG (279kb) downloaded 460 time(s).
Egzoset's Easy-made Univ. Split-Paths Twin-Cut On-Top Core-PinHole Sys. (2019-Dec-7) [400x300] .PNG (251kb) downloaded 460 time(s).
Egzoset's Universal Split-Paths On-Top Core-PinHole Systems (2019-Dec-8) [480x320] .PNG (317kb) downloaded 461 time(s).
Egzoset's Easy-made Universal Twin-Cut On-Top Core-PinHole System (2019-Dec-11) [400x360] .PNG (280kb) downloaded 458 time(s).

Egzoset
#5 Posted : 1/15/2020 12:41:29 AM

Vaporist of Borg

On-Line tools to refer to:

[ https:// www.omnicalculator.com/math/cylinder-volume ]
Omni Calculator - Cylinder Volume Calculator

[ https:// www.omnicalculator.com/physics/density ]
Omni Calculator - Density

[ https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/specific-heat ]
Omni Calculator - Specific Heat Calculator
Hole & Disc Volume Calculation [480x640] .PNG (150kb) downloaded 441 time(s).
Final Disc Mass vs Metallic Alloy [380x360] .PNG (48kb) downloaded 441 time(s).
Energy vs Alloy & Temperature [640x500] .PNG (136kb) downloaded 441 time(s).

Egzoset
#6 Posted : 2/10/2020 1:32:45 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Contemplating diverse Full-Metal Sphere layouts...

Slim (1.5 in.) & Large (1.75 in.) Alu Rods as Full-Metal VG Tops [400x320] .PNG (59kb) downloaded 396 time(s).

Egzoset
#7 Posted : 3/6/2020 5:01:52 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Slim & Fat layouts.

Cust. VG Pipe by Egzoset - Slim Alu Top (2020-Mar-4) [360x640] .PNG (310kb) downloaded 386 time(s).
Cust. VG Pipe by Egzoset - Fat Alu Top (2020-Mar-4) [300x400] .PNG (220kb) downloaded 384 time(s).
40 mm (dia.) Full-Metal Cust. VG Top - 21 mm (radius) Centering Marks (2020-Feb-14) [480x300] .PNG (304kb) downloaded 384 time(s).
38 mm (dia.) Full-Metal Cust. VG Top - 17 mm (radius) Centering Marks (2020-Feb-14) [480x500] .PNG (427kb) downloaded 384 time(s).
Slim Full-Metal Cust. VG Tops by Egzoset (2020-Mar-17) [400x360] .PNG (297kb) downloaded 367 time(s).
Full-Metal Reversible LAVACapsule 2020 Proposal by Egzoset [480x360] .PNG (284kb) downloaded 360 time(s).
Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe (2020-Jun-1) [600x500] .PNG (562kb) downloaded 358 time(s).
Full-Metal Tops for Cust. VG Pipe by Egzoset (2020-May-25) [480x360] .PNG (179kb) downloaded 355 time(s).

Egzoset
#8 Posted : 7/3/2020 5:06:05 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Time to update with 1 long concatenating post (from HV Forum).
Egzoset's intro on HV Forum (2020-Jul-2) [1024x13174] .PNG (5,944kb) downloaded 357 time(s).

Egzoset
#9 Posted : 10/3/2020 2:22:17 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

My reflexion relative to "Plan-A" progressed sufficiently to post an update. It's about time the Space-Age legacy of Dan Steinberg (read "GVG"...) finally gets most conveniently combined to a mix of Curie alloys and electromagnetic Induction Heating!

Though such ambitious goal requires a plan, which implies a need to perform conceptual work before any further action can take place. Lets assume that the consumption device must be safe, evidently (...), that portability can be considered a major beneficial asset if performed without sacrificing safety, that it also needs to provide a simple user-interface and ideally suitable for 1-handed operation with haptic/tap-command options in mind, etc.

Lets start with an evidence:

The "magnetic circuit" of selenoïds just can't be "closed", as in "closing a loop", while a solution was found in stepper motors (shown on right) except for my present IH-driving application it would seem more suitable to use ferro-magnetic powders (mixed with some "binder" then preferably turned into an electrically-isolating ceramic) as the flux-concentrating material, e.g. in order to avoid Induction Heating from any "Eddy" or "skin" effect occuring elsewhere than the susceptor itself... While both ends of a selenoïd can NEVER touch, or even get close to each other for that matter (!), well there's just no such difficulty in a stepper motor - quite on the contrary: the proper bending of magnetic force lines results in containment (read a lesser need for EMi Shielding...) on top of actually Re-Inforcing the fields deep inside.

Multiple industrial examples visibly teach us there are good motives to choose 3-Phase power so i 1st developped an IH-driving WorkCoil assembly concept with flux-concentration à la stepper motor (but without an electrically-conductive core inside):

The poles can be grouped 3-by-3, especially if each Phase is to have a full "H-Bridge" array of power devices, because 3 x 4 = 12 and that's for a 3-Phase Power Stage alone. Even using an "Half-Bridge" topology the power-transistors count is 6:

In addition all the poles interact in a stepper motor and i couldn't figure a way to keep them separate until i reduced the number of poles as follows:

Now we can get 2 independant magnetic circuits focussed on a very same "susceptor" while it defines the pivotal point of a simili-cardan layout... That's clearly assimilable to a pair of slotted toroïd "tape heads" as when music "cassette" recording was invented; in other words once again i trust the work of humanity's previous thinkers and boldly bet on insight which stayed around since ancient Greece (also rediscovered/confirmed by a 17th century Italian), etc.

The portable IH-driving assembly concept i came up with has 2 independant magnetic circuits capable of accomodating 2 different frequencies if desired, even using one side as a power output while the other side could as well serve as an input, possibly to conveniently "close" a control loop or even PLL-based circuitry with Quadrature Demodulation of "i/Q" signature signals (as an option...), since the local frequency refence is directly accessible. Etc., etc.

Briefly put i like to keep opportunity doors open and talking of which i begin to foresee potential for one more multi-purpose structure, a "double-function" as far a i can tell so far:

That's a classic of radio hobbyists and i think it might fit nicely in my "Plan-A" setup:

In that scenario each of the 2 Phases corresponds to 1 half of a clamshell system where both parts are identical and symetric in such manner to inter-penetrate at a 90 degrees angle, with the poles encased inside a magnetic sandwich construction, e.g. with return-path faces outside also forming a shield...

I've evaluated the IH WorkCoils Assembly would fit inside a 5 x 5 x 1 cm box simply by tilting it all at a 45 degrees angle:

The RF Chokes ain't implicitely added in my drawings as of yet, at least i can envision one more double-function under the form of temperature-tolerant & mechanically-resilient (spring-loaded) support for a short tubular glass stub, to separate my IH Aperture from electronics. But only if my intuition is proven correct about the supperposition of 2 magnetic circuits, the main one for IH-driving and an accessorial one for RF Choking (with a pair of twin-coils using the half-circle flux-concentrating material sections similar to a toroïd centered on the main IH Aperture), since in principle the force lines will cancel each other anyway...

Pleased

Assuming there's no flux "saturation" issues such an IH assembly should support some wide range of experimentations, even dual-frequency scenarios where the Curie and Eddy effects can combine in a controlled fashion for even further enhancement.

Permanent magnetic bias in the delivery tool would support bi-direction microphonics, physical separation of the power pack and its delivery wand can't get any safer than that as all hot surfaces remain hidden deep inside while there's just nothing in a wand to cause harm, except perhaps if it's made of brittle glass, to please the purists...

The Magnificent & Omnipotent Egzoset likes to play to win and knows all good things come in their own suitable time. Once again this is still a time of reflexion after i've pretty much solved the delivery method issues with my LAVACapsule concept; that's an unavoidable path before similar concrete action can occur so it's quite essential to decide of a sound strategy and it turns out recent semiconductor developments replenish my hopes, for example the Texas Instruments TDA7498 chip:

[ https:// www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/tda7498.pdf ]
TDA7498 - 100-watt + 100-watt dual BTL class-D audio amplifier (August 2020)

...which is bound to inspire low-voltage Gallium Nitride versions, eventually made compatible with a 3.3 Volts power sources or even single 3.7 Volts cells... Then it shall become most tempting to attempt direct (conversion-less) magnetic power addition as a substitute for series-connected battery packs. Etc.

Egzoset's Universal IH WorkCoils Assembly - 16 mm (dia.) IH Aperture - Flux Return Paths (2020-Oct-5) [360x360] .PNG (143kb) downloaded 291 time(s).

PedroSanchez
#10 Posted : 10/12/2020 7:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

please write a tek for this.
i would love to see one <3

Egzoset
#11 Posted : 10/13/2020 3:35:39 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Egzoset wrote:
PedroSanchez wrote:
...if you can write a step by step tek suitable for idiots...

I'll leave it to experts in idiots, or digital archeologists, etc...

PedroSanchez wrote:
please write a tek for this.
i would love to see one <3

Yeah, me too.

Here's an update hint for all your trouble...

Egzoset's Universal 2-Phase 4-Poles IH WorkCoils & LED Illuminating Assembly - 16 mm Aperture - 2 x Ti TPA3255 [250x250] .PNG (86kb) downloaded 274 time(s).

Egzoset
#12 Posted : 1/4/2021 7:48:13 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Quick update:

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/BvSBV9H5/Egzoset-s-2021-Waterless-Scenario-2021-Jan-3-360x400.png ]

Cool
Egzoset's 2021 Waterless Scenario (2021-Jan-3) [360x400] .PNG (207kb) downloaded 245 time(s).

Egzoset
#13 Posted : 2/8/2021 1:07:04 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Back to the future...

Get ready for the temporal convector of doc Brown (by chance it's OKay to drop his need for 1.21 Giga-Watts)!

But lets finish my previous IH-related allusion before i proceed:

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/Sxg09Nqs/Infineon-MERUS-MA12070-30-Watts-x-2-per-chip-per-half-of-Dual-Band-Work-Coil-Assembly-300x300.png ]

That's a modest MS-Paint representation of 2 independent "magnetic circuits" combining their output together within a tiny common volume, based on the use of Flux-Concentration material unlike basic air-core selenoïds...

As a bonus i discovered a type of Switched "Flying Capacitor" topology where filtration components are significantly reduced in size as a result of the process somehow folding "noise" in the upper bands, which translates into a major improvement as "RF Chokes" happen to prove both large & heavy if frequency goes down - An apparent paradox since i chose to target a wide inclusive spectrum, quite on the contrary. Hence i'm certainly going to hope further developments involving such particular "smart" chips:

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/ QCZVVVFK/Infineon-MERUS-MA120x0-P-Multilevel-Class-D-Filterless-Cascade-Topology-with-i2-C-Error-Status-640x.png ]

The best part of it being that there's no need to worry about gate driving, catastrophic failure modes (...) or else, not even protection features actually! So that's why i included it in my "Cardan" drawing. Because this has to be checked, eventually.

In the meantime here's some further simplified magnetics "U-Core" alternative intergrating the notion of a 3rd "Left"/"Right" axis conveniently implemented via "Stereo Balance", presumably:

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/Wbxjg17D/Egzoset-s-Concept-of-a-Flat-2-5-D-composite-U-Core-s-Work-Coil-Assembly-2021-Jan-22-460x480.png ]

The contrast of colours between the 2 trios illustrates a pseudo 3-D system made of a pair of parallel planes distributed on each side of a PCBoard (transparency views), etc.

Pushing my reasoning to its natural conclusion there's no doubt in my mind that other resources other than just an air-core selenoïd MUST be investigated eventually, because then the rewards presently closed by DynaVap's Mazzilli-inspired fanboyism shall emerge as an evidence, for example central coordination by a master clock opens the gate to the next level of fault-tolerance where a failing power cell won't stop the other(s) from continuing its work, except just slower, but still ticking nonetheless.

Visualize this. Those batteries are at the heart of SEPARATE electrical circuits:

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/cC0WGXbP/Egzoset-s-2-Sides-6-5-sq-cm-Transparent-View-on-LAVAWand-compat-2-5-D-IH-Work-Coil-s-Assy-640x6.png ]

Well, 2 cells looks nice in terms of portability but i continue to much prefer having 3 (A, B, C) as i can always remove 1 anyway!... The power loss for 1 over 3 cells would be only 33 % instead of 100 % as for series-connected batteries. Another bonus being that electrically-stressed power contacts/switches are required to support only 1 third of the typical voltage, in comparison.

Should my intuition about Infineon's "Merus" topology happen to be correct i can envision a trim in thickness reaching 1.2 ~ 1.3 cm, although "AA" cells already measure 1.45 mm (dia.) as i recall - e.g. the true limitation here ain't some pair of RF Chokes but its power source instead...

Give it some proper thought & time then i'll be ready to bet it all fits inside a cigarette pack indeed! After all, the work's nature involves little more than the inductive "injection" into a temporary heat-storage delivery device of ~100 Joules within a lapse of 2 ~ 3 seconds while its "susceptor" weights less than a gramm.

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/PxJ0YC76/Egzoset-s-2-5-D-Versatile-IH-Work-Coil-s-Assy-for-LAVACapsule-concept-Still-4-Turns-per-U-Core-i.png ]

The extras come later. Having been careful NOT to burn bridges, conceptually, i can now dream of a display-less/button-less user-interface exploiting my pseudo (2.5) "Z" axis for bidirectional inter-action using the consumption tool itself (in addition i've hypothesized that permanent magnets could add continuous magnetic bias at strategic potentially "leaky" e.g. "gap" coupling locations, for audible/haptic/tap-touch transducing); plus provisions to guide operators so their positioning gets perfect in all 3 directions... As for independant multi-band schemes i imagine that could come handy in solid-state magnetic gear scenarios based on Curie alloys, or more precisely the difference between 2 or 3 of them, to preferably focus energy on parts corresponding to "phases" of the whole process, like "Pre-Heating" and/or concurrent boiling/evaporation of distilled water (or auxiliary e-Liquid) for conditioning purposes. Etc. etc.

Infineon MERUS MA120x0(P) Multilevel Class-D Filterless Cascade Topology with i2C Error Status [640x900] .PNG (2,255kb) downloaded 216 time(s).
Infineon MERUS MA12070 30 Watts x 2 per chip per half of Dual-Band WorkCoil Assembly [300x300] .PNG (353kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
Egzoset's Concept of a Flat 2.5-D composite U-Core(s) WorkCoil Assembly (2021-Jan-22) [460x480] .PNG (865kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
Egzoset's 2-Sides ~6.5 sq. cm Transparent View on LAVAWand-compat. 2.5-D IH WorkCoil(s) Assy. [640x640] .PNG (606kb) downloaded 209 time(s).

Egzoset
#14 Posted : 8/7/2023 1:16:58 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

All attempts to raise social awareness over the VaporGenie transformations have failed since 2013 - and worse relatively to switching from butane to induction (on reddit, etc). Never mind, everyone wants to be the next "alpha" these days and i'm just too old for this...

But just in case you hate glass and burns there's a nearly indestructible alternative bong made of flexible silicone which the VG Classic Sphere/Top will fit on conveniently: the Hammer Bubbler by Eyce!

Pictures being clearly unwelcome here try have a look on BlueLight of my own FB Semi-DiY Challenge pages instead, all that needs to be done is remove its inner tube water-plunger making it a waterless bong. As for the Sphere/Top a brain-dead single cut will bring fresh air between the bowl and core and change dynamics significantly.

Even 11 years later i still have a hard time trying to revisit the genuine VG design, while my perspective only converges to confirm that the Metal Disc improves the basic visual hint a great deal by promoting early SiC orange/red luminescence, e.g. one that reflects vaguely but sufficiently even at an angle and hence improves eye-contact on the SiC puck (which a flame's tip must NOT touch please).

Good day, have fun!!

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 9/5/2023 4:26:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Progress is being made, and in an accessible way - right here in this subforum:
True convection !..easy top load... high speed E mesh!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Egzoset
#16 Posted : 9/12/2023 9:04:14 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Translation: provocative clueless denial.

Typical.

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 9/13/2023 1:09:44 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Egzoset wrote:
Translation: provocative clueless denial.

Typical.

How do you propose making your work more accesible then?

I haven't built my own induction heater, but it was very easy to buy a modbox and mesh RDA, which essentially does the job that appears to be the goal of your decade's worth of dead-horse flogging.

Care to rethink your insult?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Egzoset
#18 Posted : 9/17/2023 8:29:31 PM

Vaporist of Borg

As if i could expect a reply worth attention, not to mention the 5 lines long tagline with name dropping for the bouquet...

Map-o-spread culture, how is that for an insult?

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 9/18/2023 11:34:31 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Egzoset wrote:

Map-o-spread culture, how is that for an insult?

How is it? Incomprehensible - enjoy laughing to yourself, I guess.

Or you could try teaming up and sharing ideas in a more constructive way. If you think this type of interaction is wholly characteristic of my presence in the forum, please check a few of my other posts.

So, in a verbose, newcomer-friendly style, where are you going with your investigations? Have you been achieving effective results? Is the SiC puck really heating up through magnetic induction? Have you built a working model of the design?

What I've seen in your images is a few nice CAD pictures and what appears to be an off-the-shelf pulse generation circuit. Are you waiting for someone to say, "Hey - I built that thing of yours!"? I'm not claiming to be some super-genius inventor here, more like I'm the master of unfinished projects and half-baked ideas, so if you want to share some commiseration over frustration and lack of fulfillment I've plenty of experience there.

Various people have attempted to engage with you over the years seemingly mainly to ask you to present your ideas in a way that the rest of us can understand. All anyone ever seems to get back is insults. All I can say is I'm far from alone in finding your approach baffling.

Egzoset
#20 Posted : 11/1/2023 4:49:41 AM

Vaporist of Borg

No time for the YouYouMi noise.

https:// i . postimg . cc /R0VG7j8T/Egzoset-s-Halloween-23-Conceptual-Ext-via-Semi-Di-Y-Proto-Platform-500x330.png

Pass the word.

I tagged this my « Flex-Valve »...
Egzoset's Halloween '23 Conceptual Ext. via Semi-DiY Proto. Platform [500x330] .PNG (646kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

12NEXT