We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Long term storage Options

Vexor17
#1 Posted : 3/1/2020 5:48:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering what would be a good, small container for long term storage of DMT. I've read that it can be stored of long periods of time if not exposed to heat or direct sunlight. I've also read that plastic, rubber or silicone containers are bad for longer term. I found some smaller 1/4 dram bottles with aluminum screw on caps that look like they would work good. Any suggestions? My freezer is not an option by the way. Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

King Tryptamine
#2 Posted : 3/1/2020 7:42:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Vexor17

The rules of proper long term storage don't discriminate, no matter what the substance in question is. Obviously some compounds will be more resistant to degradation than others but you always want a form of storage that'll reduce or eliminate the amount of thermal and UV radiation the compound receives in addition to atmospheric exposure.

Now me personally, I just use an air tight amber glass vial wrapped in aluminum foil and store it in the freezer, but since you've already mentioned that isn't an option I'd look for the next best (or coolest) place I could possibly store it, which of coarse only you could know in your personal residence. Another thing I may or may not have heard correctly is some people storing their N,N-DMT in non-polar solvents in which they precipitate the alkaloid out when they wanna use it. I'm just gonna assume at the top of my head that this will protect the compound from oxidation in a similar manner to how reactive metals are often stored in oil. I just wanna end off by saying this kinda topic has already been discussed in good detail, so just look around the forum a little more and you should find what you're looking for.

Vexor17
#3 Posted : 3/1/2020 7:54:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
Hey Vexor17

The rules of proper long term storage don't discriminate, no matter what the substance in question is. Obviously some compounds will be more resistant to degradation than others but you always want a form of storage that'll reduce or eliminate the amount of thermal and UV radiation the compound receives in addition to atmospheric exposure.

Now me personally, I just use an air tight amber glass vial wrapped in aluminum foil and store it in the freezer, but since you've already mentioned that isn't an option I'd look for the next best (or coolest) place I could possibly store it, which of coarse only you could know in your personal residence. Another thing I may or may not have heard correctly is some people storing their N,N-DMT in non-polar solvents in which they precipitate the alkaloid out when they wanna use it. I'm just gonna assume at the top of my head that this will protect the compound from oxidation in a similar manner to how reactive metals are often stored in oil. I just wanna end off by saying this kinda topic has already been discussed in good detail, so just look around the forum a little more and you should find what you're looking for.

Thank you very much. That was very helpful!

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 3/1/2020 6:41:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use small glass vials/jars with screw on plastic lids which originally contained hash oil. I clean them with IPA to get rid of oil residue. I extract 100 to 200 grams bark at a time, spice is stored in the vials which live in my RYOT case with my gvg and smoalking accessories, at room temperature.

My intuition tells me dried root bark in a zip lock freezer bag is a great way to store the spice, extract small amounts like I previously stated. I've never had problems with oxidization or loss of potency. Then again I am not storing the crystal for years before use.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand