We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
My deamon, cannabis Options

gammagore
#1 Posted : 1/4/2010 11:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So after 17 years of smoking the dreaded weed, my wife and I have kicked the habit.

On new years eve we smoked the last of our stash, deleted all of our suppliers numbers from our cellphones and things are looking up. This decission was not in any way a new years resolution, it was more something that we both came to realise and admit to each other. My wife and I have been going through some tough times the last few years.

A big part of us stopping our habit is us trying to have a child, for 2 years we have been trying, miscaraige after miscairage, many doctors and tests done, and no answer as to why we have had no luck in holding onto our pregnancy.

Deep down inside I always had a sneaky suspition that maybe the weed had something to do with it. I had no will to do anything, always waking and baking, get home from work and smoke a spliff afer spliff.

So these last two nights I have been dreaming so much, waking up in the morning and remembering what I dreamt about, I cant remember the last time I dreamt in the last 17 years. I fell soooo fucking good. Im so happy that we have given the weed the kick.

In now way has it been easy, breaking the habit, trying to keep my mind occupied, you all know how easy it is to be bored when stoned. Now I have an extra £200 - £300 each month to spend on more important thingsSmile

A big thank you goes out to fractal enchantments thread a few months ago about stopping smoking cannabis and all that contributed to it.

THANK YOU EVERYONE, you cant even begin to comprehend how good I feel.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Virola78
#2 Posted : 1/4/2010 11:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good for you!
But you are not there yet..
You first have to tame the energy (manic, agressive) that you will probably feel
Will take some weeks to settle.

Be ready for some sweaty nightmares Twisted Evil

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

jamie
#3 Posted : 1/4/2010 11:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well good for you!

It's always good to follow through with something if you feel that it's the right thing to do..alot of things cleared up for me when I cut otu cannabis..and while a smoke occasionally now, those times few and far between..I dont feel like it's a crutch anymore and anything I could ever want from a molecule I get out of my relationship with tryptamines..

The extra money is nice as wellWink

..I never had sweaty nightmares either..I felt sort of manic but only for about 3 days and then it was all uphill form there..lost my appetite for a few days as well but it came back extra strong after a few days.
Long live the unwoke.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 1/5/2010 12:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the kind words, nightmares are better than no mares right nowSmile

Madcap
#5 Posted : 1/5/2010 12:26:09 AM

illudium Q-36

Good luck with your endeavor. I've never had nightmares either, but I did experience more dream memory. Way to take the bull by the horns.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 1/5/2010 12:30:14 AM

Derek

well i cant say i dont feel a little sad to hear this.. but GOOD FOR YOU MAN! we all need certain breaks now and then and it sounds like this ones very good for you.. keep it up man!
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

ElusiveMind
#7 Posted : 1/5/2010 12:59:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GOOD JOB MAN!! SWIM too has broke free from heavy cannabis use too (not as long as you though). First week was a little tough, as other SWIYs have stated, but been 8 months "clean" and still going strong! (the extra money really helps too Pleased )
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

69ron
#8 Posted : 1/5/2010 2:27:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was seriously addicted to marijuana many years ago. It is not good for you to constantly smoke it. It affects nearly every aspect of your life. It’s like you’re walking around half asleep and you don’t even know it. It affects your memory, your concentration, your mood, and many other things. Its subtle, but still very much there. There are worse things to be addicted to (crack, alcohol, etc.) but being addicted to anything is not good for you.

I hope you guys stay off of it and get the marijuana fog completely lifted from your lives. For SWIM it took many months for the negative long term effects of marijuana to finally clear up.

SWIM never touches the stuff anymore.

In many ways marijuana is a heavier drug than LSD. It’s almost like a psychedelic opium. It lures you in with its psychedelic wonder and then betrays you with it’s opium like addictiveness.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#9 Posted : 1/5/2010 2:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I know what you mean ron..

Lots of people thinkIm crazy tripping so much and concider what I do to be way heavier than cannabis..and think I do too many "drugs"..yet they smoke all day long..5+ times a day and dont seem to be happy without it..they act like weed is some type of exception and doesnt count as a substance..
Long live the unwoke.

Crisp
#10 Posted : 1/5/2010 3:18:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ron -
I think it's important to mention that people react very differently to smoking pot. I'm not saying that I might not change at some point, and become a pot-head, but I find it very non-addictive considering the strength of it's effects. I haven't even bought any in 5 months and have left a bunch lying around untouched. I find it very challenging and mentally 'psychedelic' in it's effects, and it has probably HELPED me more consistently than any other substance I've tried, though that is through working with it. I almost have to motivate myself to smoke it these days, but I may smoke a lot more of it if I give up tobacco and drinking altogether. I think the way that it effects you has a lot to do with your personality.

reflexion
#11 Posted : 1/5/2010 3:59:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

In many ways marijuana is a heavier drug than LSD. It’s almost like a psychedelic opium. It lures you in with its psychedelic wonder and then betrays you with it’s opium like addictiveness.

well i totally disagree...
cannabis as addictive as opium? ...that seems quite rediculous to me. Shocked
no plant, including cannabis, could ever 'betray' me.
just my opinion, though.. ..not trying to call you out, ron. but everyone isn't so negatively effected by cannabis.

#12 Posted : 1/5/2010 4:14:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis definitely is something you want to smoke all the time when you get on it. I have put myself through that but I'm currently almost a year clean and have no desire to go back. Now if only I could quit caffeine...yerba is truly my vice Embarrased

damiana
#13 Posted : 1/5/2010 4:34:31 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Quote:
cannabis as addictive as opium? ...that seems quite rediculous to me.

He said "is like an opium." And I personally see that to be true with most everyone I know who smokes it. It's not addictive physically, but in a way it is addictive psychologically! It helps the mind in a way. I love it. The thing for me is i dose myself with like one or two hits of good weed. To much of anything is never good, that's why I take it in small doses. I know one day I will stop, just haven't gotten that old yet. haha, that's how I see it. Smile
PEACE

Crisp
#14 Posted : 1/5/2010 5:21:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not saying it won't change, but here is a list in terms of addictiveness for me. (For a list of harm/benefit, switch the first two around).
1. tobacco
2. alcohol
3. caffeine
4. cannabis

reflexion
#15 Posted : 1/5/2010 5:24:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

he also said "lures you in with it's "opium like addictiveness".
anyways, i came back to delete my post as so not to cause any unwanted conflict, but it has been quoted, so i might as well leave it.

i can see where's he's coming from..he is speaking from personal experience..and i do agree it can be somewhat psychologically addictive, habbit forming, and even affect some people in a negative way. no where near addictive as opium, though IME/IMO.

but like ron said, being addicted to anything is not good for you.
so back on topic, and congrats to gammagore.

much love, to us all
peace

jamie
#16 Posted : 1/5/2010 6:04:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I actaully think its somewhat physically addictive...but only when used in excess.
I think it changes hormone levels in the body..and after a while if you dont smoke your body goes into mild withdrawl.

I know I personally experienced physical withdrawl symptoms..only lasting 3 days though..and I was a very very heavy smoker.

That being said..I dont have anything against cannabis or people that use it daily..do whatever you want..it's quite benign a thing i think..but for me it just was not worth it at all anymore.
Long live the unwoke.

ms_manic_minxx
#17 Posted : 1/5/2010 6:24:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been through all types of relationship with Cannabis, addiction, quitting cold turkey, reestablishing a healthy entheogenic rapport at a later point, and now (especially compared to clean and yummy changa~) I just don't want it.

There are definitely lots of different ways the plant can be in someone's life. The trouble begins when you feel a NEED for it, physically, psychologically, or whatever.

So, if quitting is what's best for OP, I congratulate him deeply. Smile It is a challenge to make that kind of change!
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

69ron
#18 Posted : 1/5/2010 6:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's definitely addictive. Anyone saying it’s not has never been addicted to it and has no idea just how addictive it can be. It’s not as addictive as opium, but it is similar in ways to opium. After a while you need it just to feel normal. Opium is also like that. There are no serious withdrawal symptoms, but that’s not why people use opium. It’s not the withdrawal that keeps people going back to it. It’s the comfort of it that makes people want it. And that is very similar to the reason people get addicted to marijuana. It’s a comfort drug just like opium. But it’s also psychedelic.

For SWIM, it was easier to quit smoking cigarettes that to quit smoking marijuana. The addictive pull was easily 10 times as strong for SWIM.

Anyway, I’m being honest here.

SWIM has had opium before, and the effects are VERY SIMILAR to marijuana for SWIM. Opium is like a non-psychedelic marijuana in its effects. It’s actually quite nice, but it’s physical addiction potential is not at all nice, and it’s highly habit forming in the same way marijuana is, but more so.

Anyway, that is why I compared it to opium. SWIM finds the opium high to be the closest thing to the marijuana high in existence. I know others will argue with this, but I’m being honest. That is how SWIM experiences it.

I personally put marijuana up there with crack, opium, heroin, meth, and alcohol, as being a problem drug. While cigarettes give you cancer, you can still function properly because they don’t intoxicate you heavily. Same with coffee. Being a coffee addict isn’t going to harm you much, but being high or drunk all the time is going to harm you.

The bottom line is being always high, intoxicated, drunk, or whatever, is not healthy. Once a week, or a few times a week, that’s fine. But everyday, several times a day! No, that’s a serious drug problem and you need help at that point. That’s where SWIM got with marijuana. He was smoking it everyday, many times a day, and didn’t feel good emotionally and mentally if he didn’t have it.

So yeah, I classify marijuana as psychedelic opium and I don’t want any of my kids ever using it. I don’t want it in my house. I don’t like my friends smoking it either. I don’t like second hand marijuana smoke. I don’t like the smell or the second hand high you get from being near someone who smokes it. I don’t like anything about it. So if you have a problem with that, post about it. But if you think you’ll change my opinion on it, boy are you barking up the wrong tree. While I think LSD is fine, mushrooms are fine, and most other psychedelics are fine, marijuana is a serious problem drug in my opinion.

I know it’s not popular to voice my views on marijuana on any forum that talks about drugs. I know it will piss off many pot heads. Honestly, I hope you see what damage it’s doing to you and maybe after reading my post you’ll think twice the next time you light up that damn weed.

Quitting pot was one of the hardest things SWIM ever did. Quitting cigarettes was a breeze for SWIM compared to quitting pot. The pull of it was so great that SWIM almost could not do it.

Now after quitting he sees marijuana for what it truly is: an addictive drug that’s best left alone.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rOm
#19 Posted : 1/5/2010 9:32:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is able to smoke one pot in a while but it's four years SWIM gave up smoking every day(he stopped cigarets first and went smoking more spliffs than before). It was a relief for him.
Some of his friend handle maybe more the side effects than him but it was long time there was no much benefit in his life with this plant.
SWIM actually did the same mistake with Ket, and he could tell that both time he has been trapped by what ron called the psychedelic wonders. And both were very psycholigically addictive to him, like a psychedelic opium.
Now SWIN just stick to real psychedelics extracted and plant material to work with apart from coffee and tea. You can sleep well and dream and remember your dream which is great compared to the black out from alcohol and canabis. And SWIM think it helps a lot to build up if ones is able most of the time to remember what he is been dreaming off.
Now SWIM can see that you will never stand up that much against a substance you manage to quit.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Vularin
#20 Posted : 1/5/2010 10:50:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Grats, Gammagore!

Well done, I have not smoke any pot for years cause IMO its the worst stuff out there!
I live in the netherlands and its kinda legal here ofcourse. But im so glad I stop smoking it years ago.

Its such a tricky substaince cause you can quickly create a habit, and (with the very high THC contents here) develop all kinds of nasty side effects.
I quit because I couldn't sleep anymore, became paranoid, lots of body pressure and worst of all stopped dreaming.

But the absolute worst of all is that it makes people lethargic and all you end up doing is... well nothing Smile
You just become one of these people that talks out of there ass (while you think your saying some really deep shit)

Don't get me wrong, it works for a lot of people and I am happy its legal here.
But like with any substance out there, if it doesn't work anymore or becomes a dependency.

quit.

there's so much other nicer stuff out there Pleased

again, well done and keep it up!

V

12NEXT