We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Paying tribute to the Estonian genius Arvo Pärt Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 2/27/2020 11:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Searched through the forum and found only one mention of this man, found in this post. I feel like he deserves far more recognition. I find his style of composition way less obtrusive and in-your-face compared to many of the classical composers. Don't get me wrong, I absolute love all the oldschool men and women who have composed music that will far outlive their memory, but there's something special in the style of Arvo.

A hopelessly romantic human lost in the never-ending perturbations and suffering of life. Few composers have the ability to portray the vastness of the Universe and the stillness that protracts into infinity, beyond human comprehension, with only a few notes. So much boundless depth captured in a touching shell of simplicity. Such a temporary flash of brilliance our existence is. A grain of sand on an endless beach. A gust of wind over a field of wheat stalks as far as the eye can see. A caressing whisper coming from creation itself. A single click of the eternal clock of the Universe. No more than a faint memory on the grand film of eons upon eons of cosmic history, carrying but a hint of beauty within.

May the universe bless his kind heart. Let us thank creation itself for allowing us to be able to sit with eyes closed and just enjoy this captivating magic that is Arvo Pärt's music. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 2/27/2020 1:28:34 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

cool, the second piece is really neat. I like Gabriel Faure
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.