We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2122232425NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

unlocked_doors
#441 Posted : 2/24/2020 10:55:53 PM

It's Cheshire Cat o'clock

zikzak wrote:

If going the cup atomizer route definitely check out the DT V4 (+titanium cup) instead of the Sai. It's likely the best cup atomizer on the market at this moment. It's very plug & play and not as much tinkering as direct mesh.

Eventually the M22 with ESCC will come out and it will likely take 1st place for best cup atomizer. However it will be quite a bit more expensive if you want to get the full benefits from it with temperature control and not only wattege mode as you would need to buy the dedicated mod for it.

Question for you. I have the DTV4 with Ti cups, originally purchased for cannabis concentrates but I'm excited at the prospect of another use. I've been trying the e-mesh (VV V2 RDA) method with little success on the first few tries but I'm not giving up yet. However, in the meantime, I'd like to tinker around with the DTV4 setup. Any advice on mod settings? I have a VP Drag 2 if it makes any difference.

I have the M22 that I bought in Oct/Nov but my original ESCC doesn't work, so that's not an option until the updated replacements are shipped next month. I also have the new mod on the way, once it's finalized. Pretty excited for those!
“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

unlocked_doors
#442 Posted : 2/25/2020 2:35:40 AM

Another question for all:

What is the external diameter of the VV Mesh V2 with the o-rings in order for a female glass piece to slide over? I tried to measure and it looks like 23mm but without a pair of calipers, I'm really not too sure. My intent is to slide a bubbler on top, and I have a few, but I need to know the size of the adapter(s) to buy. This should also prevent the atomizer cap from touching the mesh and allow me some more wiggle room in my mesh design.

Sorry, all. I made a diagram to show what I intended but I haven't yet figured out how to include a picture with a post.
“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Propello
#443 Posted : 2/26/2020 10:07:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The vv mesh v2 is 23 mm at the base without o-rings. Approximately 23.5mm including the o-rings.

If you want to use glass from the base and up, you must make holes for airflow.

Another option might be to keep the top cap cylinder, remove the top, and glue the glass to the cylinder top.

Blessings

unlocked_doors
#444 Posted : 2/26/2020 3:42:56 PM

Propello wrote:
The vv mesh v2 is 23 mm at the base without o-rings. Approximately 23.5mm including the o-rings.

If you want to use glass from the base and up, you must make holes for airflow.

Another option might be to keep the top cap cylinder, remove the top, and glue the glass to the cylinder top.

Blessings

Propello, great idea of gluing the glass to the top cylinder. I never plan on using this for vaping cannabis or e-liquids, so I don't mind potentially damaging the atomizer to accomplish this. I'll have to find an adhesive strong enough to hold that won't leech any chemicals into the vapor. I'll try to find an adapter that fits on so I don't have to damage a bigger piece.
― Marcus Aurelius

Propello
#445 Posted : 2/26/2020 3:57:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll check if I can find a replacement glass that fits. I suppose 1.5-2cm should do the trick.
I have loads of replacement glass for e-cig tanks around. I'll let you know how the experiment goes.

Blessings

Propello
#446 Posted : 2/26/2020 4:45:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried a glass with inner ø 23mm. Too small, you need a glass with 24mm inner diameter to fit the base on the VV MESH V2.

The glass fits on the VV V1 Rda, so the idea is to do something like this with the VV V2.
Propello attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200226_183421.jpg (1,643kb) downloaded 420 time(s).

unlocked_doors
#447 Posted : 2/27/2020 4:19:03 AM

Propello wrote:
I tried a glass with inner ø 23mm. Too small, you need a glass with 24mm inner diameter to fit the base on the VV MESH V2.

The glass fits on the VV V1 Rda, so the idea is to do something like this with the VV V2.

You're awesome. Thank you for investigating! I'm going to have to try this. Unfortunately I'll be out of town for about a month and don't want to ship anything to my house until we return. This will be high priority on my shopping list when I return.

I'll certainly keep you posted.
― Marcus Aurelius

Lampeyelittle
#448 Posted : 2/28/2020 7:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The inner diameter of the V2 cap is 23.5mm. You could probably fit ID 24mm glass on the bottom piece snugly if you replaced the o-rings with thicker ones, although as Propello said, you would run into airflow issues as the cylinder is the RDA's primary source of air intake. I even attempted to use the included "squonk" pin to try and get airflow up through the bottom of the RDA, but it just wasn't providing enough airflow.

Propello, how is that glass top piece attached to your V1? The airflow holes on the cylinder of the V2 seem higher up, so you only have 2-3mm to work with from the top of the cylinder to the airflow holes. If you found a glass piece with an OD of 23.5mm, you could potentially press fit it into the top of the cylinder, although it seems unlikely to find glass tubing with such specific dimensions.

Gluing to the top of the cylinder would most likely be your best bet. You would most likely want to use a high-temperature epoxy just to be safe, just so it doesn't leach nasty chemicals when near a hot coil.
"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

reallynotimportant
#449 Posted : 2/29/2020 8:01:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok I now have the wotofo profile and the mesh listed below. I am struggling trying to make a good mesh to use lol. Does anyone have one of those lil print out things for a wotofo? I love you all either way, but if someone has that, I love you even more. Ima keep sitting here messing with it though. I will be one of you soon!

https://www.anoniem.org/...9363323?var=463046552856
Don't worry, B. Caapi!

Propello
#450 Posted : 3/1/2020 10:45:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

reallynotimportant wrote:
Ok I now have the wotofo profile and the mesh listed below. I am struggling trying to make a good mesh to use lol. Does anyone have one of those lil print out things for a wotofo?

I suppose you got the 1.5 version? I don't have it, so you need to experiment. I suppose lampeyelittle's instructions and standards for the vv mesh v2 is a good start.

Tony6Strings
#451 Posted : 3/4/2020 11:23:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What were these emesh devices originally designed to vape? Seems like they would be of little use for vaping eliquid?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Asher7
#452 Posted : 3/4/2020 12:21:29 PM

Professional Tracker

They’re for eliquid. You basically bow that mesh like a rainbow around a fat “shoestring” of cotton and use it like that. I’m not a fan because it uses so much cotton and ejuice to prime the cotton and as the cotton wears it can pull away from making contact with the mesh. Some designs have a little spring loaded platform that pushes the cotton up into the mesh. Their suggested pros are the amount of surface area in contact with the ejuice is supposed to make for a very flavorful vape. Some people love them, some hate them, it’s a really love/hate kind of design. I have to give credit where it’s due though, it seems to be an effective tool for spice.Cool

Propello
#453 Posted : 3/4/2020 4:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
What were these emesh devices originally designed to vape? Seems like they would be of little use for vaping eliquid?

Oh, they are excellent for vaping as well. With the mesh' enormous surface area, you will get insane flavours. Actually all the new tanks on the market comes with mesh coils because of this. There is also the advantage of less power use and longer battery life.

The mesh rda/drippers are for advanced vapors, as you need to mount your own mesh, insert cotton etc.

Propello attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200304_172552.jpg (1,492kb) downloaded 327 time(s).

mattw1994
#454 Posted : 3/6/2020 8:36:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have the VV170828 model. Is that supposed to be the good one? It is V1 right?

Propello
#455 Posted : 3/7/2020 9:09:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
I have the VV170828 model. Is that supposed to be the good one? It is V1 right?

Image?

mattw1994
#456 Posted : 3/7/2020 9:54:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is my rda. I took the plastic ring near the top side insert off because it was hard to put the cap on it? Have not used this for a little because temperature change was drastic after putting on top cap. I probly needed to make a tighter fit for teh fitted mesh and also could be the rda is bad now. You can see it looks pretty burnt at the opening where u put the mesh in. Tried to get rid of the burnt part with alcohol but still shows a black burnt residue at the opening. Not sure if this would effect the mesh vaping device but maybe
mattw1994 attached the following image(s):
IMG_2511.jpg (51kb) downloaded 300 time(s).

Propello
#457 Posted : 3/9/2020 2:15:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is the vv mesh v1.
The residue should be removed from the clams to ensure good conductivity between the mesh and the fra.

Propello
#458 Posted : 3/9/2020 5:35:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For those who want to get the vandy vape v1 dripper, gearbest still have stock.
I suspect they will disappear from the market soon, as they starting to get hard to find for sale.
https://www.gearbest.com...atomizers/pp_688717.html

mattw1994
#459 Posted : 3/11/2020 2:44:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately they will not ship to some countries like the US. I wonder if there is another mesh rda that is better than the vandy vape one?

Asher7
#460 Posted : 3/11/2020 4:12:19 PM

Professional Tracker

Essentially all of them are going to be doing the same thing as long as you use that specific mesh. It’s not going to have the same options like a vape that uses wire where you can build with regular round or more exotic coils. There should still be US vendors shipping mesh rdas so I would hit google and just type in mesh rda, something should pop up.

Take note of how the mesh strip is installed in the VV rda and compare it to any rdas you find and it should match. They’re all going to work off the same principle for the most part.

Element Vape has the VV V2 and Profile 1.5 at the top there, they probably have others.
https://www.elementvape.com/rda-...ldable-dripping-atomizer

Things are getting a little choppy with shipping from China and various laws going on in the US so you’re going to have to spend some time with Google. When you find a mesh RDA you like look for a review of it on Youtube and it will most likely have the 2 clamp style way of holding the mesh like how just about all of them do. Last I heard May 9th is when everyone has to close doors so if you see something in stock try to jump on it because a lot of places aren’t replacing their stock anymore.

You’ll want to get a roll of mesh as well so you can replace what you use as you go. A couple rolls should last you years.

«PREV2122232425NEXT»